If C's blow it up Rondo must go, what are your trade ideas to get LOTTO PICKS and/or 20-23 year olds in return?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

If C's blow it up Rondo must go, what are your trade ideas to get LOTTO PICKS and/or 20-23 year olds in return?

Some of mine/others out there:

1. Rondo to the Kings for pick #7, Jimmer and Chuck Hayes (many mix and match players/contracts can work between these 2 teams including Tyreke Evans offer sheet)

2. Rondo and Melo to the Pelicans for pick #6, Vasquez, Robin Lopez and Jason Smith

3. Rondo, Lee and Melo to the Jazz for Kanter, Burks, Marvin Williams exp contract and a future pick 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Re: If C's blow it up Rondo must go, what are your trade ideas to get LOTTO PICKS and/or 20-23 year olds in return?

Clearly you're not maximizing Rondo's incredible trade value nearly enough...

Rondo for CP3, Blake Griffin, #23 pick, AND cash

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: If C's blow it up Rondo must go, what are your trade ideas to get LOTTO PICKS and/or 20-23 year olds in return?

In response to Eldunker's comment:

Clearly you're not maximizing Rondo's incredible trade value nearly enough...

Rondo for CP3, Blake Griffin, #23 pick, AND cash

Got a real one?

With Sacramento we could go:

Rondo for #7, Jimmer and Chuck Hayes at the time of the draft,

with Hayes in the trade over Thompson it is dependent on the Kings picking up the qualifying offer on Tyreke Evans (6.9m), a guy who definitely needs a change of venue, and trading him here for Courtney Lee and Terrence Williams nonguaranteed contract.

Ir is essentially a swap of Hayes for Lee to get out of that horrible last year of Lee's deal that will kill our summer of 2015 free agency hopes. Getting two young skilled guards (still with legit upside) for Rondo and a pick that would be one of Len, Zeller or Bennett is pretty solid value.

The C's would still need a pure PG, but Avery, Jimmer and Evans have all tried the position in the past enough to where if 2 of those 3 were together in the backcourt and coached correctly you'd have a pretty electric duo.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I'd like to see what Rondo could do with a young Kings team running this rotation:

C - Cousins, Thompson

PF - Patterson (Thompson)

SF - Salmons, Outlaw

SG - Thornton, Lee

PG - Rondo, Douglas/Thomas

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Rondo isn't going anywhere until he proves he is injury free.  I highly doubt even after that that the Celtics trade him.  

Born and Raised in LA and I bleed kelly green!!!!!!!  Go Boston.  A fan since 1980....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to jdm894g's comment:

Rondo isn't going anywhere until he proves he is injury free.  I highly doubt even after that that the Celtics trade him.  

Born and Raised in LA and I bleed kelly green!!!!!!!  Go Boston.  A fan since 1980....

It was said the Celtics would only move Rondo if they got a 'young blue chipper' back in return. They are not going to trade him in a $1.00 for 3 quarters kind of deal.

Pick 6 or 7 in the draft should constitute the type of young talent Rondo is worth. The injury isn't as big a deal as people think when talking value.

If the C's truly are going to blow it up and be VERY young and VERY bad (but fun) for 2-3 years then Rondo and Green also have to go NOW along with PP, KG and hopefully Bass, Lee and Terry. Only Sully and Bradley are untouchable in the 'build around 20-23 year olds' scenario.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Rame, the more I think about it the less I think that Danny blows it up this summer. It just isn't the right market out there. I think outside of buying out PP and signing 1 or 2 back-up Centers with the MLE, the group remains intact. If things are trending down at the trade deadline, maybe Danny revists some of these deals and perhaps we can get full value for Rondo by then.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

Rame, the more I think about it the less I think that Danny blows it up this summer. It just isn't the right market out there. I think outside of buying out PP and signing 1 or 2 back-up Centers with the MLE, the group remains intact. If things are trending down at the trade deadline, maybe Danny revists some of these deals and perhaps we can get full value for Rondo by then.

and if Doc wants to leave?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Been on this idea for weeks of shipping Rondo for a lotto pick. Especially if we have a 23-24 year old Bledsoe on the team.

I still think Sacramento is the best bet, but mayeb New Orleans or Phoenix would want him?

Sections
Shortcuts