If C's Can't Beat sixers how will they fair come playoffs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

If C's Can't Beat sixers how will they fair come playoffs

Wow, if the C's can't beat the Sixers, who had almost twice as many losses before tonight, then how can the C's get through the playoffs. Ugly.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics2008Champs. Show Celtics2008Champs's posts

Re: If C's Can't Beat sixers how will they fair come playoffs

We dont have 5 players are the starter shot 20% 
    stop winning. dumb post

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Come on man, get serious.  The only issue here is getting home court advantage.  We're just making our road harder, but the team will be ready to go deep in the playoffs no matter what.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: If C's Can't Beat sixers how will they fair come playoffs:
    [QUOTE]Come on man, get serious.  The only issue here is getting home court advantage.  We're just making our road harder, but the team will be ready to go deep in the playoffs no matter what.  
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

I agree. The playoffs will be a different story. 

Doc was an experimenting in this game. Putting Pavlovic on Iggy when the game was on the line? Drawing up alley-oop plays for Rondo?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

P34,
    Those alley oppers and there were several were not even close and for the game at that juncture we needed to score or go to the foul line. Funny I thought Rondo was going rogue himself and was pissed at him.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from walton. Show walton's posts

In Response to If C's Can't Beat sixers how will they fair come playoffs:
    [QUOTE]Wow, if the C's can't beat the Sixers, who had almost twice as many losses before tonight, then how can the C's get through the playoffs. Ugly.
    Posted by antiqueman1[/QUOTE]

The 76'ers have now won 17 of their last 23 games and were playing at home tonite. Do you think these are the 2008 Celtics?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If C's Can't Beat sixers how will they fair come playoffs : I hope Celtsfan. Last years game 7 loss would be hard to see again. Maybe when they get all the starting pieces back together and big baby coming off the bench again healthy.

I didn't say they'd win a championship.  You could see a game 7 loss but it wouldn't happen until either the EC final or the NBA Final.  I predict we win number 18, but nothing is guaranteed.  But, we WILL play better than we're playing right now.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Addicted818. Show Addicted818's posts

what do you mean by "how will they fair?"??? of course the celtics will FARE good with any team provided that Shaq, DW and Bib Baby are healthy!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

I think in a few more games the bench will be okay.  If Krstic can stay out of foul trouble...I say have RR, KG, krstic, PP and JG log minutes as a unit.  Move RA over to playing with the 2nd unit more.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from strider9. Show strider9's posts

I didn't see this one, and I haven't seen the highlights yet either. But the starters under-performed. Dont expect that to happen when the playoffs start.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Doc Rivers is holding a tryout for players who wants to be a part of the playoff rotation. Pavlovic got 20 minutes of playing time and was asked to do a Tony Allen by defending the best player on the Sixers when the game was on the line.

I think Doc thinks it's more important preparing for the playoffs, by finding out what his new players can do, than trying to win every regular season game left on their schedule.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from docomospur. Show docomospur's posts

I really think it's going to be a crap shoot for the Celts in the play-offs and they're just as likely to go out in the first round in 7 as they are to go all the way.  I won't be surprised if it's 7 game series after 7 game series, as the Celts don't seem to be able to dominate and are going to run most, if not every game, uncomfortably close.

Everyone says that the Celts' chances depends on how healthy the team is but, in all probability, the team is NEVER going to come close to hitting 90-100%.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]I really think it's going to be a crap shoot for the Celts in the play-offs and they're just as likely to go out in the first round in 7 as they are to go all the way.  I won't be surprised if it's 7 game series after 7 game series, as the Celts don't seem to be able to dominate and are going to run most, if not every game, uncomfortably close. Everyone says that the Celts' chances depends on how healthy the team is but, in all probability, the team is NEVER going to come close to hitting 90-100%.
    Posted by docomospur[/QUOTE]

Glass half empty?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

omg 1 loss to a team that was playing well and our starters shot 26%. omg the world is gonna end. relax people. yes we want to win every game but this stuff happens.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]omg 1 loss to a team that was playing well and our starters shot 26%. omg the world is gonna end. relax people. yes we want to win every game but this stuff happens.
    Posted by PierceIsTheTruth[/QUOTE]

Some people focus on the negative, that's why!

Even if the Celtics go 82-0 for the season there will still be unhappy fans here. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

NBA teams, NBA players, anybody can beat anybody. I still can't understand how some can't see one team beating another. It's ridiculous.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]I didn't see this one, and I haven't seen the highlights yet either. But the starters under-performed. Dont expect that to happen when the playoffs start.
    Posted by strider9[/QUOTE]

Last night's loss is definitely because of the big 3.  They were awful and none of them scored many points.   I just hope that they can win their next two games. It would be nice to see them win back to back games.  This hasn't happened all season.  The injuries this year have really hurt this team.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to If C's Can't Beat sixers how will they fair come playoffs:
    [QUOTE]Wow, if the C's can't beat the Sixers, who had almost twice as many losses before tonight, then how can the C's get through the playoffs. Ugly.

They will fair better because they will have their starting center back and then Krstic will be playing against back ups, they will have their backup powerforward back, and they will get their backup point guard.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]You have to win ugly games, and the C's did not do that. At this time of the year ugly wins matter no matter how awful the starters are shooting. Great teams win these types of games is all I am saying.

The Celtics won ugly games against the Jazz, Warriors, and Bucks. Expecting the Celtics to win all the ugly games they play in is not being realistic. It's been nearly 4 years since the Sixers beat the Celts on their own home court. Sooner or later the Sixers were going to snap that streak.

Sections
Shortcuts