If DA doesn't come up with a rim protector before the regular season starts, I'll lose all respect for him.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

If DA doesn't come up with a rim protector before the regular season starts, I'll lose all respect for him.

This is BS.  I understand Wyc's frustration.  We've got everything but a rim protector, and we've got draft picks to burn- come on Danny, what's the holdup?

There's no sense in waiting for a quality center to just fall out of the sky.  This is what our war chest of draft picks is supposed to be for.  Tanking for one season socks, but tanking in back-to-back seasons?  Not sure if any player is worth that.

Next season's FA class is headlined by Rondo.  It's awful.  And next year's draft class isn't looking too great either.  Our we really going to spend the whole season showcasing Rondo and Bass in an effort to get Cauley-Stein and more draft picks??

I've been hoping we'd get Hibbert for a ham sandwich, as it appears Indy has no other choice but to tank.  I doubt the Pacers would want more than a combo of Bass, pick(s), and expiring contracts (which we need to get rid of anyway). 

Please DA, for chrissakes, do something. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiggerThanMyBrady. Show BiggerThanMyBrady's posts

Re: If DA doesn't come up with a rim protector before the regular season starts, I'll lose all respect for him.

You really don't think DA has tried? Or at least knows about the lack of rim protection? It takes two to trade. From all the reports I've read during the summer, it seems like Danny has had his hat in the ring with everyone (Pho-Ind-Bos rumors, Kevin Love, Greg Monroe, interactions with Sacramento) in addition to getting Tyler Zeller, Marcus Thorton, and Evan Turner. He's clearly been busy. He's not going to wait for one to fall out of the sky, but that might just be his luck in the 2015 draft. Towns, Okafor (my favorite right now), Turner, Alexander all profile to be decent bigs their first years in college. Plus developments from guys like Dakari Johnson/WCS, Harrel (Louisville), Walker (Florida) make the 2015 bigs crop extremely interesting. 

I love Roy Hibbert, but there was clearly something wrong with him during the playoffs last year. It's like trading for Rondo. You're not sure what you're getting. You COULD be getting a super productive player or a guy that's a shell of his former, NBA-dominating self. You want to see where he's at before you make a competitive offer for him. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

Re: If DA doesn't come up with a rim protector before the regular season starts, I'll lose all respect for him.

I think DA is just being too greedy with the picks.  I mean, we could have easily had Asik right? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

I am a known Tank Brigade Commander, but let me put that aside to drink a little Kool Aid for the moment.

IF the plan is really to stick with Rondo, and build a team he would actually want to play on, then the guy I think they should go after is DeAndre Jordan.  Every team that is looking for a Center is going to be falling over each other to recruit Marc Gasol.  The Celts, (who have shown previous interest in Jordan) should go 1st and foremost right to DeAndre, make him feel loved, and not like a fall-back plan.  

Now, in no way do I think this makes the Celtics any more than a slightly above average playoff team, but personally I don't see them building anything much better than that around Rondo anyway.  BUT...Jordan is tailor made to play with Rondo, in a way that Monroe, Hibbert, and Gasol are not.  He can actually catch and finish lobs! That's the long and short of it, because Rondo hasn't had a big guy who could do that since 2008 Garnett.  

Rondo is the second best ally-oop passer in the league, yet there is only ONE guy on the team who plays anywhere near above the rim, and he only comes to play every third game or so! Sully, Olynyk, Monroe, Hibbert, Gasol, even Asik and Gortat can't maximize Rondo's potential, because they can't capitolize on what Rondo is best at.

Also Deandre fits into the age bracket for the team, has some playoff experience, and is a rim protector.  He needs a good PG however or he is basically useless, Rondo would bring out the best in him, and visa versa.

I'm pretty sure the Celtics will be willing to pay him, and maybe he is sick of living in Blake's shadow.  Going from the best passer in the league to the second best would probably be quite a selling point, as well.  

They would still be bereft of a go-to scorer, but there are ZERO available. The two closest guys we could get are Rudy Gay, and Joe Johnson. Gay may be a serious option although, again, he isn't the optimum choice, but Paul Peirce is on the Wiz and not 26 anymore. If Gay can't work out, then maybe they use Sully, and Bass to go after Josh Smith, who I don't like, but would be paramount in giving Rondo a reason to re-sign with the Celtics. 

Rondo-Bradley-Green-Smith-Jordan or Rondo-Bradley-Gay-Sully-Jordan.  This is really the best we can hope for with Rondo as the teams franchise player. Not real contenders, they aren't beating the Cavs, or Spurs, but they could play with almost anyone else, but either team would actually be fun to watch, maybe make some noise in the playoffs for the next 4 or 5 years, and make Rondo and his fans happy. If, of course, that is the ultimate goal for the team moving forward.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrandBreaker8. Show BrandBreaker8's posts

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2014/08/drawing-widespread-interest.html" rel="nofollow">http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2014/08/drawing-widespread-interest.html

Says half the league has shown interest in this Okafor. Wonder if Danny/Celtics were one.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

The 2015 draft has the potential to be as good or better than 2014.  I think you'll see the Cs in the hunt for another lottery pick.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Danny went and got Zeller, who at the very least is more of a pure center than Olynyk and Sully. He averaged 1.3 blocks per 36 minutes and had a 15.4 PER last year.

Asik averaged 1.4 blocks per 36 and had a 14 PER last year. In fact, he's never had over a 15 PER and shot a career best 62% from the line last year where Zeller was 72% last year and 76% as a rookie (when given more minutes). He also shot .538% from the field to Asik's .532%.

I think if Zeller can improve his overall game by just 10-15% when it comes to efficiency and per minute productions, and be given a consistent 24 minutes a game, that he will respond with 10 points, 7 rebounds and a block on 55/75%'s, have a 16-17 PER do a decent job protecting the rim.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Furthermore, Faverani had very good per 36 numbers. 12 points, 9.4 rebounds and 2 blocks. That puts him right there with a guy like Robin Lopez. He had some really solid games before getting hurt like a 12 point, 18 rebound 6 block effort and another 9 point, 14 rebound, 4 block, 3 steal effort. 

I had read somewhere that he ranked with the elite group of rim protectors when it came to points per poss and shooting percentages against him, albeit in limited minutes.

But heck, 16 minutes from him at center that features above average to elite level rim protection, 5 points, 4 boards and a block isn't out of the question.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I won't lose any respect for Ainge regardless of what he does or does not do by the start of the season. But Bass is clearly the odd man out and it would be nice if they could clear up some minutes by moving him. 

Zeller and Olynyk will get there 24 minutes a piece and Sully his 32 regardless, so really it comes down to who gets those last 16 minutes or so at PF/C. I would MUCH rather see them go to Faverani than Bass.

C - Zeller 24 minutes, Faverani 16 and Olynyk 8

PF - Sully 32 minutes, Olynyk 16

No room for Bass

I don't see a lot of potential deals out there though, even with a draft pick kicked in, where the team could package say Bass and Zeller for an upgrade at center or Bass and Thornton for an upgrade at SG. 

If the Celtics really do make some noise, as Avery Bradley predicted but most here doubt, and are buyers at the deadline, thinking that adding a veteran could convince Rondo to stay and going that route again, then maybe they could swing something like Bass, Zeller or Olynyk, Young, Thornton and 1-2 future picks to the Grizz for Marc Gasol if Memphis is out of contention and they think he is going to walk. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Thanks for the stats rame. Faverani definitely goes into the season as an X-factor.

If he develops into a Marc Gasol, we are in business. He has a ton of potential, imo.

Good feet, great hands, great range, great timing defensively. Good passer. Great spirit. 

Post up game lacks polish. Should probably face-up from the mid-post to maximize his options. Pass off, shoot, drive or back down.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

In response to MitchUnderpants' comment:

This is BS.  I understand Wyc's frustration.  We've got everything but a rim protector, and we've got draft picks to burn- come on Danny, what's the holdup?

There's no sense in waiting for a quality center to just fall out of the sky.  This is what our war chest of draft picks is supposed to be for.  Tanking for one season socks, but tanking in back-to-back seasons?  Not sure if any player is worth that.

Next season's FA class is headlined by Rondo.  It's awful.  And next year's draft class isn't looking too great either.  Our we really going to spend the whole season showcasing Rondo and Bass in an effort to get Cauley-Stein and more draft picks??

I've been hoping we'd get Hibbert for a ham sandwich, as it appears Indy has no other choice but to tank.  I doubt the Pacers would want more than a combo of Bass, pick(s), and expiring contracts (which we need to get rid of anyway). 

just who are the rim protectors and are they available ??

Always Right.....at least in my mind

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

In response to DaCeltics' comment:

Thanks for the stats rame. Faverani definitely goes into the season as an X-factor.

If he develops into a Marc Gasol, we are in business. He has a ton of potential, imo.

Good feet, great hands, great range, great timing defensively. Good passer. Great spirit. 

Post up game lacks polish. Should probably face-up from the mid-post to maximize his options. Pass off, shoot, drive or back down.

Why did he get benched on a 25 win team two weeks into the season and before injuring himself? If he has all those tools, and could be a "Marc Gasol" (LOL!) then Stevens would have wanted him in there, no?

To tank? LOL, again! You don't sit your young guys to tank, you sit your vets. He just wasn't good enough to play on a team where an undrafted 5'10 PG who cant shoot, and 2 D-Leaguers got minutes! That is pretty sad.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

I'm going on record to say that it would not surprise me at all if Fav became our best big man this year. He is already our best complete big man.

Range, rebounds,assists, and blocks.

Complete foundation to build on.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiggerThanMyBrady. Show BiggerThanMyBrady's posts

DA- I am not the biggest Vitor Faverani fan, but the guy got hurt in the middle of the year and it cost him some development. He looked lost on occasion, but in others showed some upside. He's a developmental guy if he sticks on the team given his latest incident. I'm not going to completely write him off, but I would be shocked to see him on the Celtics roster opening night. He'd be a D-League guy for me until I see some consistency. 

Rame - I don't expect Memphis to be out of it unless some serious injuries occur. Conley, Allen, ZBo, and Gasol are really really good players and they fit very well together. They have a MASSIVE hole at SF, making Green and Young (more so than Green) legitimate options in a trade. As you've outlined, the amounts of picks the Celtics have access too, along with some young role players, make Boston an intriguing trade partner. I just don't think it ever gets to that point.

CelticsGreen - Someone is going to overpay for De'Andre's services and I honestly hope it's not the Boston Celtics. Jordan at 10-14 mil per year, but I think he's going to get north of that. Thinking in terms of what maybe Blake got (17 mil per). It's hard to justify paying a guy that kind of money when he can't be on the floor in the fourth quarter because of his FT%. Now, he's arguably the best rim protector in the league with a little more room for growth offensively (probably won't happen, but you can dream). But what kind of value do you place on that?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

Danny went and got Zeller, who at the very least is more of a pure center than Olynyk and Sully. He averaged 1.3 blocks per 36 minutes and had a 15.4 PER last year.

Asik averaged 1.4 blocks per 36 and had a 14 PER last year. In fact, he's never had over a 15 PER and shot a career best 62% from the line last year where Zeller was 72% last year and 76% as a rookie (when given more minutes). He also shot .538% from the field to Asik's .532%.

I think if Zeller can improve his overall game by just 10-15% when it comes to efficiency and per minute productions, and be given a consistent 24 minutes a game, that he will respond with 10 points, 7 rebounds and a block on 55/75%'s, have a 16-17 PER do a decent job protecting the rim.

Rame- Not sure if I'd say "Danny went and got Zeller".  Danny finally cashed in his TPE, and Zell was sort of like a bonus to accompany the 1st round pick we sought after.

Don't get me wrong, I like Zell.  And I think he'll fit in well in Brad's system.  Although it's not fair at all to compare him to Asik on the defensive end.  Just because their block averages are the same, doesn't mean they are defensive equals.  Asik has a reputation similar to Garnett's - he's supposed to be a vocal anchor on D and a terrific backbone for any frontcourt.  Hence, the bloated contract.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

In response to fishers5's comment:

"Who are the rim protectors and are they available?"  Start with Hibbert.  As absent-minded as he became during the end of the season/playoffs, it was Hibbert that ascended Indy into the Finals.  Of course, they had excellent role players, depth, and a superstar in George - but the most important player was Hibbert.  No one else had a 7'2 giant blocking the paint.

(As an aside- I think Hibbert fell to pieces because he put too much pressure on himself when Bynum came to town.  He already wasn't very popular in the locker room/team bus.  And I don't think his teammates felt bad when he imploded.  Hibbert is excellent when he focuses on defense and doesn't worry about his offense - a la players like Perkins, Asik.  I think he's an excellent buy-low candidate for a team desperate for size...I think he's a bargain...and I think having Jeff Green as a teammate will help him fit in)

Back to rim protectors- Deandre Jordan was phenomenal last season.  I seriously doubt Doc will let go of him, and I think he's got about 3 years left on his contract.  What pains me to see is, teams like Cleveland throwing it at players like Mozgov.  I'd like to see DA go after these guys.  Guyls like Gorgiu Deng.  Make Flip another offer he cannot refuse. 

If teams like Cleveland are chasing these guys, why can't we?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Rame- Not sure if I'd say "Danny went and got Zeller".  Danny finally cashed in his TPE, and Zell was sort of like a bonus to accompany the 1st round pick we sought after.

Don't get me wrong, I like Zell.  And I think he'll fit in well in Brad's system.  Although it's not fair at all to compare him to Asik on the defensive end.  Just because their block averages are the same, doesn't mean they are defensive equals.  Asik has a reputation similar to Garnett's - he's supposed to be a vocal anchor on D and a terrific backbone for any frontcourt.  Hence, the bloated contract.

[object HTMLDivElement]

CLE was cutting cap space for Love.  It took creativity to acquire Zeller.  We also got Thornton and a  first round pick for our troubles.  I think "got" Zeller is accurate.  It's clear he was the target.  He's young, and he will help us......a lot, IMO. 

On another note, I wanted Asik for two years.  I think HOU turned down our offer for him.  But, Zeller is younger,  cheaper and better on offense.  I no longer want Asik.  Give Zeller and chance.  I would love Dieng, but don't think he's available.  Let's watch some games first.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

PIn response to MitchUnderpants' comment:

"Who are the rim protectors and are they available?"  Start with Hibbert.  As absent-minded as he became during the end of the season/playoffs, it was Hibbert that ascended Indy into the Finals.  Of course, they had excellent role players, depth, and a superstar in George - but the most important player was Hibbert.  No one else had a 7'2 giant blocking the paint.

(As an aside- I think Hibbert fell to pieces because he put too much pressure on himself when Bynum came to town.  He already wasn't very popular in the locker room/team bus.  And I don't think his teammates felt bad when he imploded.  Hibbert is excellent when he focuses on defense and doesn't worry about his offense - a la players like Perkins, Asik.  I think he's an excellent buy-low candidate for a team desperate for size...I think he's a bargain...and I think having Jeff Green as a teammate will help him fit in)

Back to rim protectors- Deandre Jordan was phenomenal last season.  I seriously doubt Doc will let go of him, and I think he's got about 3 years left on his contract.  What pains me to see is, teams like Cleveland throwing it at players like Mozgov.  I'd like to see DA go after these guys.  Guyls like Gorgiu Deng.  Make Flip another offer he cannot refuse. 

Nice series of posts. Well thought out and presented. 

However, DeAndre Jordan is on the last year of his contract, and will be an unrestricted free agent after this season. I think the Clippers will have to let him go because of the large contracts they are already giving to Blake and CP3. But maybe they will work it out because of Doc's affinity for the guy.

His impending free agency is really the ONLY reason I brought him up as an option. Unlike really good defensive Centers like Asik, Davis, Drummond ect. he actually WILL be on the market. And Danny has shown interest in him before, which cant be said for any other Center being discussed except Asik, who is no longer an option.

As far as giving him $14mil+ a year, I would rather take 26yo DeAndre who is known to have a great attitude, no serious injury history, and elite athleticism over Greg "The Paint Clogging Slug" Monroe, Roy "Slow as Molasses, and Dumb as Rocks" Hibbert, and Marc "There's no way in Heck the Celtics are Getting Him" Gasol. Who will all make as much or more than Jordan.

On a side note, I too love Dieng as a prospect. I have called him the Drummond of the west, and I think that is true.  I would trade anyone not named Marcus Smart for him right now. He is an All-Star and 1st team all defender in the making but it isn't just about his defense. He has a rare combination of being an elite defender as well as developing a really nice and varied offensive game that has grown in leaps and bounds in just one season. Imagine if Bradley was 6'11" had a 7'3" reach and actually had a soft touch around the basket. That is Gorgui Dieng.  

Unfortunately, it looks like the Wolves believe this too, and I highly doubt we could get him with any reasonable combination of players and picks. 

PS, if Danny was really interested in getting a rim protector he probably would've drafted this guy instead of Olynyk.  Which may be the crux of the whole "rim protector" problem. Danny just doesn't value them like the rest of the league.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to CelticGreenLP's comment:

Nice series of posts. Well thought out and presented. 

However, DeAndre Jordan is on the last year of his contract, and will be an unrestricted free agent after this season. I think the Clippers will have to let him go because of the large contracts they are already giving to Blake and CP3. But maybe they will work it out because of Doc's affinity for the guy.

His impending free agency is really the ONLY reason I brought him up as an option. Unlike really good defensive Centers like Asik, Davis, Drummond ect. he actually WILL be on the market. And Danny has shown interest in him before, which cant be said for any other Center being discussed except Asik, who is no longer an option.

As far as giving him $14mil+ a year, I would rather take 26yo DeAndre who is known to have a great attitude, no serious injury history, and elite athleticism over Greg "The Paint Clogging Slug" Monroe, Roy "Slow as Molasses, and Dumb as Rocks" Hibbert, and Marc "There's no way in Heck the Celtics are Getting Him" Gasol. Who will all make as much or more than Jordan.

On a side note, I too love Dieng as a prospect. I have called him the Drummond of the west, and I think that is true.  I would trade anyone not named Marcus Smart for him right now. He is an All-Star and 1st team all defender in the making but it isn't just about his defense. He has a rare combination of being an elite defender as well as developing a really nice and varied offensive game that has grown in leaps and bounds in just one season. Imagine if Bradley was 6'11" had a 7'3" reach and actually had a soft touch around the basket. That is Gorgui Dieng.  

Unfortunately, it looks like the Wolves believe this too, and I highly doubt we could get him with any reasonable combination of players and picks. 

[object HTMLDivElement]

Well, you have to give to get.............and they want to get rid of Barea.  Perhaps if we traded for Barea, they would give us Dieng.  He is on the last year of his deal, and although we don't need any other guards, MN wants to get rid of his deal, and we could get Dieng in the process.  We have a TPE, right?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from anguskahn. Show anguskahn's posts

It's a rebuilding year.  Who gives a Crap if there's a home at the position of rim protecror.  Just don't take on any bad contracts and make sure a plan is in ace for next year.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

[object HTMLDivElement]

CLE was cutting cap space for Love.  It took creativity to acquire Zeller.  We also got Thornton and a  first round pick for our troubles.  I think "got" Zeller is accurate.  It's clear he was the target.  He's young, and he will help us......a lot, IMO. 

On another note, I wanted Asik for two years.  I think HOU turned down our offer for him.  But, Zeller is younger,  cheaper and better on offense.  I no longer want Asik.  Give Zeller and chance.  I would love Dieng, but don't think he's available.  Let's watch some games first.

I don't disagree about Zeller...but he's no stellar rim protector. DA is doing what he can without breaking the bank and/or disrupting the salary schedule on the team...Is anyone available in a reasonable price range and number of years left on existing contracts that COULD help them? IF THERE WERE i'M SURE THEY'D ALREADY BE HERE (Opps, caps, sorry).

As for Fav...please Faux Hawk me no more...that guy is strictly the province of pink hatted Celtic fans...good lord...he S-U-C-K-S and will NEVER provide this team with anything...he's a little better than Fab Melo was, a Melo without the self given concussion. Two good weeks does not a good player make, and that's all he's ever had. How's that knee rehab going, I wonder, and I'm NOT talking about his DUI!? Guys have done better and faster rehabs after full knee reconstructions and this guy is still not ready after cartilage surgery?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Defensive metric numbers, analysis of professional scouts, per 36 minute numbers, and a few big 12 point, 18 rebound and 6 block games before an injury beg to differ.

But the guy who calls players 'Mr. Green Jeans' and 'wee little devil man PG' thinks his words will actually mean something to people here when he says a player 's-u-c-k-s'

Ha

Mel, when it comes to your evaluations of this sport and team your statistically blind and replacing Celtic Pride with smarmy and hate-filled comments on this teams players leaves real fans here not giving a flying you know what about your analysis.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

I agree with you, seeing that New Orleans got Asik for basically nothing really ticked me off , i'm gonna be just as angry when Cleveland lands Mosgov for spare parts:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2176370-report-cavs-trying-to-trade-for-nuggets-mozgov" rel="nofollow">http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2176370-report-cavs-trying-to-trade-for-nuggets-mozgov

This guy is one of the few big bangers remaining in the league, he'd be perfect to come to Boston and tag team with Zeller for 15-20 minutes a night each, let Sully and Oly soak up any remaining minutes in the middle 

Certainly, this guy would have to be considered better than Vitor Favernai , don't you think ?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to PHX85014's comment:

I agree with you, seeing that New Orleans got Asik for basically nothing really ticked me off , i'm gonna be just as angry when Cleveland lands Mosgov for spare parts:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2176370-report-cavs-trying-to-trade-for-nuggets-mozgov" rel="nofollow">http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2176370-report-cavs-trying-to-trade-for-nuggets-mozgov" rel="nofollow">http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2176370-report-cavs-trying-to-trade-for-nuggets-mozgov

This guy is one of the few big bangers remaining in the league, he'd be perfect to come to Boston and tag team with Zeller for 15-20 minutes a night each, let Sully and Oly soak up any remaining minutes in the middle 

Certainly, this guy would have to be considered better than Vitor Favernai , don't you think ?

Mozgov is better than Faverani

But the gap is not huge. Similar to how I showed the gap between Zeller and guys like Asik and Robin Lopez isn't that big. 

Per 36 minutes Mozgov gave 12.5 points, 10.5 boards and 2 blocks with 52/72 FG/FT% #'s and a 14 PER the last 3 years. 

Faverani gave 12 points, 9.5 rebounds, 2 blocks, 44/65 #'s and an 11 PER last year. I think his PER suffered as he played hurt as every defensive rating system had him well above average the first month or two of the season.

That being said, I'd trade Vitor and one of the Cavs/Clippers picks for Mozgov. Especially in light of his recent DUI.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrandBreaker8. Show BrandBreaker8's posts

Still a few bigs out there ... Blatche, Okafor & Monroe.

Monroe could be affective as a low post scorer since Brad has Sully and Oly prepping as stretch 4's. Monroe needs to up his BPG from .6 to 1+ and be determined to get out to the top of the key quick enough to bother shooters/drivers. At 24 it's not too late for him to improve.

Harrison Barnes is another player in need of a change in venue. At 6'8" he'd be another young forward (22) that has his shortcomings (handle & taking it to the hoop) but is young enough to develop under Brad and compliment Turners inside game with his outside game. Those two would mean Green was no longer needed and Young could be brought along slowly or used as trade bait.

Add Bledsoe for $13MM/yr (In lieu of Rondo at $MAX) with Smart behind him we'd have quite a young, athletic and two-way back court.

Bledsoe - Smart - Pressey

Bradley - Thornton - Johnson

Turner - Barnes - Young

Sully - Oly - Bass

Monroe - Zeller - Fav

Sections
Shortcuts