If Embiid, Parker and Wiggins are out of reach....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

If Embiid, Parker and Wiggins are out of reach....

Who do you take?

I cant decide between Smart, Exum and Randle!

I'm tempted to role the dice on Exum because shooting guard is still up in the air for us.

Exum looks like the next Manu Ginobili.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: If Embiid, Parker and Wiggins are out of reach....

Whoever Ainge chooses...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from johconn. Show johconn's posts

Dante Exum- amazing athlete. Can pass. Defend. Looks like a fantastic attitude and he seems a really smart player. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Who would you take though Wozzy?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Johconn it seems like he has more potential than Wiggins. He seems to have a broader skillset, higher IQ and passion.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Pick Smart, IMO = trade Rondo

Exum is the pick here.

We don't need Randle.

However, and I cannot stress this enough - ORL needs a PG and PHI does NOT need a Center.  So, this issue depends on who picks in front of us.

I would not pick Smart.  I'd go with Exum or Vonleh........but I reserve the right to change my mind once I see the location of the ping pong balls.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Exum is the pick here.

We don't need Randle.

However, and I cannot stress this enough - ORL needs a PG and PHI does NOT need a Center.  So, this issue depends on who picks in front of us.

I would not pick Smart.  I'd go with Exum or Vonleh........but I reserve the right to change my mind once I see the location of the ping pong balls.

[/QUOTE]

Hard to pass on Vonleh. A younger Chris Bosh!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

SMART!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

he is good at everything but not great one thing as Fierce has pointed out but i think he could easily develop into a great defender and attacker

also a beast leader too which is what we need

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

[QUOTE]

Exum is the pick here.

We don't need Randle.

[/QUOTE]

I like Exum too but the Celtics need to finish with a worse record than the Lakers to get him. From what I've been reading the Lakers want him bad.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

my thoughts change daily right now (and will as the tourny continues no doubt).

but right now, if the Celtics had the #4 pick and I was picking I would shoot for a "my old Kentucky home draft).

4. Randle

17. Cauley-Stein

IF the news about Ainge saying he will match ANY offer on Bradley is true, Guard become less of a concern enxt season (expect for depth there).

IMO, Randle has a better chance than Smart or Exum to be an ELITE NBA go -to scorer (one of the two things this teams needs to find , along with a rim protecter in the middle).

Randle replaces Humphries on the depth chart and  in this case I would see Bass being traded for a vet NBA guard for depth there.

still no true STARTING center on the roster there , which is a concern for sure but:

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

[QUOTE]

Exum is the pick here.

We don't need Randle.

[/QUOTE]

Ditto this.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I know our biggest need is a Center and if we can't get Embiid, and then try for Omer Asik and with Faverani wait until next year's draft for a Center,  I like the league's top scorer, Creighton's McDermott and Syracuse's C.J.Fair. As opposed to some more desirable draft choices it seems who are freshmen, these 2 are seniors and do have 4 years of college experience so their stats and performances are more reliable to me, I think, and they could be undervalued sleepers in the draft.

I'd start them in front of Wallace, Bass & even Green...3 guys I hope are all gone !!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shamrock1000. Show shamrock1000's posts

Where are you all seeing Exum play? Is he really that good, or is all hype?? Also, word is he wants to play for the Lakers:

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2014-02-26/2014-nba-draft-dante-exum-los-angeles-lakers-kobe-bryant-andrew-wiggins-julius-randle

If we fall out of the top 4 or 5, Ainge may very well trade the pick:

Speaking on the radio station 98.5 in Boston last week, Celtics GM Danny Ainge agreed with the notion that this group (Wiggins, Parker, Embiid, Randle, Smart) has been overerated.

“Yes, from the very beginning," Ainge said. "It’s just all hype. It’s a bunch of young kids out playing in AAU basketball and high school and making all sorts of assessments and then they watch them play on the real stages and they’re not quite as good. College is a big jump from high school and I think reality has hit.” (same link as ablve)

But with Danny, who knows his real motivation for making this statement 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Everyone is high on exum, but how much have you really seen of him, and against what competition?

I know da like to take bpa, but if we do that rondo or ab has to be traded, since its either smart or exum  (they both are combo guards). Doubtful exum or smart become better players than rondo or ab, in the future.

Vonleh has  potential, but he seems soft to me. Plus he plays the 4 which we are loaded at already. Same reason why I wouldnt take randle either.

I really like gordon as a defender,rebounder a terrific athlete who can really run the floor and plays with great effort. In todays nba you need a 3 who can guard the lebrons, melo's durants of the league. A defense of rondo, ab and gordon would be terrific. My only problem with gordon is he a bad shooter. But so is smart.

Honestly wouldnt be surprised if we traded the pick. Similar to the ray allen trade on draft day. I think minnesota would have to be crazy to not accept sully our top pick this year and maybe a future 1st. The big ? is can we retain kevin love. That I dont know.

It looks like we wont end up in the top 3 and thats a big letdown. I feel like the rest of these guys are all flawed playes after the first 3. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

I read somewhere Ainge is a big fan of Aaron Gordon. Dunno who he is, just read it though..so..

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

[QUOTE]

Exum is the pick here.

We don't need Randle.

[/QUOTE]

+1...either would be a good choice...the 3rd option would be Randle...we need more athletic bigs and they are so hard to find.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

This would be such a tough spot  for the cs to end up in if it unfolds this way. You have to ask yourself? If we draft smart or exum and trade ab or rondo, are we really a better team in the now or the future? We def would be worse in the present in the future wed be lucky if either ended up being a 4x all star llike rondo, or and all nba defender like ab. I just dont see that happening.  Plus I believe DA wants to resign BOTH ab and rondo and have them be the backourt of the future.  

Thats why im partial to aarron gordon, Jgreen is not going to be resigned after his contract is up and g wallace will be an expiring contract after next season, so we need some young talent at the 3 spot. Gordon would provide that. Hes only 19 and is ALREADY  a plus defender/rebounder and a super athlete who plays with great intensity (something coach stevens would like). He is known for his work eithic, so I can def see him putting in the work to improve his shooting.  I think he is the guy.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hondorondo. Show hondorondo's posts

With his back prob, Embiid will be available.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:

smart is a headcase. he would never get along with stevens. he isn't a true leader, and oh yea.... HE ASSAULTED A FAN!!!! how many times has Rondo ever assaulted a fan? 

Every time he takes a shot

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to celticelmo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:
    [QUOTE]

smart is a headcase. he would never get along with stevens. he isn't a true leader, and oh yea.... HE ASSAULTED A FAN!!!! how many times has Rondo ever assaulted a fan? 

[/QUOTE]

Every time he take a shot

[/QUOTE]

LMFAO!!!!

THE MAN SPEAKS TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to hondorondo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

With his back prob, Embiid will be available.

[/QUOTE]

He already said he's probably staying in school...after today, so will Parker.