If Embiid slips to #6, do we pick him?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeRizzuto. Show MikeRizzuto's posts

If Embiid slips to #6, do we pick him?

I wouldn't, but I am not high on Embiid. Any other opinions?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: If Embiid slips to #6, do we pick him?

He won't - but YES to your question

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He won't - but YES to your question

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

[/QUOTE]

What he said.

To elaborate, Embiid at 1, 2, or 3 becomes too risky. Embiid at 4, 5, or, 6... not so much.

...the King of the Rumba Beat...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

He won't. I would.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

He will undergo surgery. I think he is going to slip.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Noel was projected #1 pick and fell to exactly the 6th pick in last years draft. It could happen. The big reason he may slip is becuz of the needs of the other teams in front of us, philly is the 3rd pick and they already have noel coming off injury dont really see them drafting another hobbled center and orlando has vucevic, utah has kanter and favors so its possible.

Would I draft him? Yes, even if he misses a whole season no big deal (just like noel) and then u still have a 20 year old center to build around. If the med reports show that this and his back can be a recurring issue then thats might change things some. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

AHHHHHHHHHHHH.....a quick and decisive YEPPERS to that question!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

I don't think so.  Foot stress fractures are not good news.  They tend to be chronic, so no.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

Absolutely would pick Embiid if available at 6. I think that's a risk you just would have to take. The guy has only been playing basketball 4 years, so his upside could be tremendous. Watching him play and realizing he is still raw, there isn't much to not like about Embiid's game so far.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

I wouldnt. This guy is labeled FRAGILE

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from myurkus. Show myurkus's posts

I gotta disagree.  I get a big time fragile vibe from this guy, he has only been playing for 3 years and he already has had back issues and now foot sx. Not a good sign for a 7 footer.  An NBA season is a grind.  I wont say he doesn't have potential, but if he gives you nothing he REALLY sets back the rebuild.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

I do it in a heartbeat, especially when you have the #17 in this deep of a draft to get a safe, solid pick. You can take the flier on a potential all time guy (if the Hakeem comparisons come true) if you are also able to get a Payton or Warren type who should be able to step right into a rotation.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I was all over taking this buy until I heard the TYPE of injury it is.  teejay is, unfortunately, correct.  The Narvicular bone is a bad thing.........I got two words for you:  Bill Walton!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I was all over taking this buy until I heard the TYPE of injury it is.  teejay is, unfortunately, correct.  The Narvicular bone is a bad thing.........I got two words for you:  Bill Walton!!

[/QUOTE]

Yao Ming as well.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

So Yao and Bill Walton had the navicular stress fracture and never played to their potentials after. Are there any NBA players that had this problem and recovered to play well long and after?

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

In the eighties they said , in 40 years we will be able to fix this.  Now they say, in 10 years we will be able to fix this

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

In response to MikeRizzuto's comment:

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO !

Stop undervaluing Marcus Smart, Vonleh will probably be gone with Embid injured , Marcus Smart is perfect with Rondo or as the backup PG ,  a 3man backcourt of Rondo, Smart and Bradley would be tough as nails and very interesting to watch. Smart also has the Alpha Male personality to be able to handle the whole Boston experience......

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

In response to PHX85014's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to MikeRizzuto's comment:

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO !

Stop undervaluing Marcus Smart, Vonleh will probably be gone with Embid injured , Marcus Smart is perfect with Rondo or as the backup PG ,  a 3man backcourt of Rondo, Smart and Bradley would be tough as nails and very interesting to watch. Smart also has the Alpha Male personality to be able to handle the whole Boston experience......

[/QUOTE]

I like marcus smart, but 2 non shooters at the guard position, is a recipe for disaster. Both rondo and smart are below 30% 3pt shooters. (smart shot at the shorter ncaa distance too)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I agree, if we are going to take someone who can't shoot, we might as well take Gordon......or Exum

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Basketball, not throw it in the oceanball

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to CeltsFanInNH's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So Yao and Bill Walton had the navicular stress fracture and never played to their potentials after. Are there any NBA players that had this problem and recovered to play well long and after?

[/QUOTE]

Medical technology of the 1980s is very different from what we have now.

[/QUOTE]

Very true

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Tough one. I am concerned about Embiid's fragility. Did he try to do too much after being away from the game for so long? Maybe. I know that he had a very rigorous tryout with Cleveland. If he has weak bones then his career is over.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yao Ming wasn't the 80's.  Foot stress fractures tend to be chronic.  O.K.  If he dropped a bowling ball on his foot and broke a bone, then I'd say no big deal.  If this is something that just occurred from running up and down the court, then that's a different story.  If that's what happened, then it points to something more ominous - like genetic or poor physiology.  Not everyone can run up and done the court every day - some people's feet just can't take that pounding.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yao Ming wasn't the 80's.  Foot stress fractures tend to be chronic.  O.K.  If he dropped a bowling ball on his foot and broke a bone, then I'd say no big deal.  If this is something that just occurred from running up and down the court, then that's a different story.  If that's what happened, then it points to something more ominous - like genetic or poor physiology.  Not everyone can run up and done the court every day - some people's feet just can't take that pounding.

[/QUOTE]

Embiid is not as big and heavy as Yao Ming.  And Ilgauskas, who was a big man did play out 8-9 seasons after this injury.  If Embiid has weak bones, and he will take 6-9 months to recover, put him some kind of treatment plan to harden the bones.  I will take the chance.

Sections
Shortcuts