If Garnett camps out at the 3 point line

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

If Garnett camps out at the 3 point line

Well, is this why the C's got Garnett. He spends most of his time camped out just inside the 3 point line. Very ineffective. If the Cs plan on winning this series he will need to plant himself inside the key. Ball movement folks. KG needs to get tough and start working down low. They are getting beat today by a lesser team. Miami is not that good, but losing home court to them was perhaps not a great idea. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Re: If Garnett camps out at the 3 point line

He needs to start playing inside the key. He is useless out that far. What a waste. It makes the Cs offense stagnant. Poor loss today to a lesser team. They have to feel good about being in the game that they just did not play well in. And don't even get me started with the Pierce ejection. That needs to be looked into. Crazy dumb calls. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

KG made 3 field goals for the whole game.  He had a dunk off a Ray Allen pass and he had another dunk off a fast break down the lane.  I honestly don't remember his third field goal.

Bosh is listed at 6'11" and 235 pounds.  Garnett is listed at 6'11" and 253 pounds.  If KG cannot take Bosh down low with regularity, then KG has some serious issues.  KG cannot settle for a game like today with so much on the line.

Aside from Rondo and Pierce's rocky start, KG has to raise his game another level.

And the good thing about it is that I believe we'll see another KG on Tuesday night.  We better!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

He still is the key to this team. He played a poor game. Maybe thats why I am encouraged about this loss. I expect a Victory on Tuesday.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

He needs to be in closer to the hoop Cs fans. Garnett is no threat from just inside the 3point line. And it just makes it easy for the Heat to defend. Plus, he can't rebound from there. Or take it to the hole. Or dump a pass out to an open Ray or Pierce or Rondo. If KG camps out that high for the series, the Cs can't win.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: If Garnett camps out at the 3 point line:
    [QUOTE]In Response to If Garnett camps out at the 3 point line : 6 pts, 8 rebs, and 2 blks in Game 1. What's disappointing is he's once again 0-0 from the FT line.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Celts are 15-2 when KG shoots 5 or more FT's

They are 20-5 when he has 11 or more rebounds

Blocks don't matter... we are only 7-4 when he has 2 or more blocks

Assists/steals on the other hand... we are 27-8 when he has 3 or more assists and 13-2 when he has 3 or more steals.

So Kevin, how about you do some great passing, rebounding and getting to the line? I think in doing so you'll certainly get that blood flowing and jazz yourself up a bit... then those game changing plays will happen, the basket will look bigger, you know the drill.

a nice 38 minute, 21 point, 5-6 from the line, 8-13 from the field (half in the paint) with 12 rebounds, 4 assists and 3 steals effort would be key in game 2.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]He needs to be in closer to the hoop Cs fans. Garnett is no threat from just inside the 3point line. And it just makes it easy for the Heat to defend. Plus, he can't rebound from there. Or take it to the hole. Or dump a pass out to an open Ray or Pierce or Rondo. If KG camps out that high for the series, the Cs can't win.
    Posted by antiqueman1[/QUOTE]

THis is a ridiculous statement. Do you bother watching any games?

KG is one of the better shooters in the NBA from just inside the 3 point line.

As far as wanting him to take the ball down low and play a power game against Bosh, thats just as ridiculous..

KG is a pure finesse player on offense. He has no power game. Even 2 feet away its gonna be a fade away jumper, pass or hook. Hes easily hipped out of position...

People been begging KG to take it down low for years and still cant understand why he doesnt. Its cause hes ineffective and taking fall away 7 foot jumpers
    may score us some points but it also makes him last man down on defense, no chance at an offensive board....and jams the lane for anyone else.

Here and there, KG can play inside but for the most part his spot is EXACTLY where you say he shouldnt be.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Karl you are lost. Did you watch? KG did nothing to help the Cs from where he camped out. Get a clue. Read Ramekap's post. KG needs to be moving and into the game. Not standing out so far from the basket. He can't get rebounds from there. He helps the Heat play easy d from that area. He is no threat. We all know he can shoot, but we don't need our big men standing inside the arc launching shots. That is not going to get it done. Did you watch game 1 lost Karl? You rebutal is ridiculous 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

KG had a terrible game. However, this loss was a team effort.

On offense, all passing in the first half, when it happened at all, was always one or two seconds late, allowing the Heat to recover after Celtic movements. Rondo, Baby, and Pierce tried to play hero ball in the first half, dribbling through double and triple teams. Ray had a good offensive game, but his defense was a disaster. KG missed his first few shots, and then deferred to others. Rondo and KG gave stupid fouls in the first period. While KG played Bosh even, we should expect more from our star.

Why did they lose? Because they did not play "pick your poison offense" with good ball movement, and in a very un-Celtic like way, too many players wanted to be heroes. They also went away from KG and JO in the low post too early and never really came back to it. 

Jones had the game of his life, and the Heat were firing on all cylinders. I think the most amazing thing was that the Celtics could play as bad as they did, the Heat could play as well as they did, and the Celtics only lost by nine points.

The Celtics did not play Celtic basketball. That will change in game two.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

KG knows he played like garbage. It seemed like the C's were playing tentative and a step slow. Like they wanted to see how the games were going to be called first. The layoff may have hurt more than it helped.

KG will be better the rest of the series.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]Karl you are lost. Did you watch? KG did nothing to help the Cs from where he camped out. Get a clue. Read Ramekap's post. KG needs to be moving and into the game. Not standing out so far from the basket. He can't get rebounds from there. He helps the Heat play easy d from that area. He is no threat. We all know he can shoot, but we don't need our big men standing inside the arc launching shots. That is not going to get it done. Did you watch game 1 lost Karl? You rebutal is ridiculous 

antiqueman, it is you that does not understand.

What rebounds are you talking about? Since when has KG been a force as an offensive rebounder this year? His function is to set picks, roll, set up players and be an option to shoot. Hes never been asked or expected to grab offensive rebounds...

and if you really think KG is no threat from that spot, frankly, you dont have a clue about his game. Id bet most of KGs FG's come from just inside the 3 point line.. thats his spot...What KG have you been watching the last 4 years?

KG didnt play well yesterday but its not because he was on the perimeter, wheres hes been most of this season and last and the one b4 that..  Youre just angry he had a bad stat line and we lost..

Thank goodness youre not the coach.. imagine telling KG to stop shooting from inside the 3... youre no threat there HAHAHAHA

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

KG did this same thing vs NY in game #1 when Amare destroyed him and he was deferring. Doc will talk to him and tell him to stop trying to fit in and be the guy to take over.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

P34,

You are right, KG had a bad game. However, so did everyone else. Since KG is the biggest star, he deserves more of the blame.

I expect a more Celtic like game in game two. Death to hero ball.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Garnett camps out at the 3 point line : antiqueman, it is you that does not understand. What rebounds are you talking about? Since when has KG been a force as an offensive rebounder this year? His function is to set picks, roll, set up players and be an option to shoot. Hes never been asked or expected to grab offensive rebounds... and if you really think KG is no threat from that spot, frankly, you dont have a clue about his game. Id bet most of KGs FG's come from just inside the 3 point line.. thats his spot...What KG have you been watching the last 4 years? KG didnt play well yesterday but its not because he was on the perimeter, wheres hes been most of this season and last and the one b4 that..  Youre just angry he had a bad stat line and we lost.. Thank goodness youre not the coach.. imagine telling KG to stop shooting from inside the 3... youre no threat there HAHAHAHA
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

You are missing the entire point lost Karl. Thank god you are not the coach. And I don't think I ever said I wanted to be.  I never said he can't shoot from there. He just can't camp out there the entire game. I know exactly what he has done for the past 4 years lost Karl. But I am not talking about the past 4 years. I am talking about this series in the present time. You say I am angry. Far from it.  You are the one who seems angered(putting text in bold). Your personal attacks(calling me clueless and saying I don't understand the game) on my opion prove it. I am not angry at all. The Cs got beat down. Pretty simple. And if KG contiues to camp out the Cs are in trouble. But if KG and Rondo play like they are capable of, then the Cs will beat the Heat. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Garnett camps out at the 3 point line : You are missing the entire point lost Karl. Thank god you are not the coach. And I don't think I ever said I wanted to be.  I never said he can't shoot from there. He just can't camp out there the entire game. I know exactly what he has done for the past 4 years lost Karl. But I am not talking about the past 4 years. I am talking about this series in the present time. You say I am angry. Far from it.  You are the one who seems angered(putting text in bold). Your personal attacks(calling me clueless and saying I don't understand the game) on my opion prove it. I am not angry at all. The Cs got beat down. Pretty simple. And if KG contiues to camp out the Cs are in trouble. But if KG and Rondo play like they are capable of, then the Cs will beat the Heat. 

Stretching the truth, arent you?

Correct, you didnt say KG couldnt shoot from inside the 3... you said he wasnt a threat from there... which is about as wrong as one can be.

You said having KG out there kept him from rebounding... as if the Celtics were missing his usual, rare offensive rebound.

Twist and spin all youd like.. your posts are here so theres no double talk thats gonna work.

Also, the text I put in bold was the ridiculous comments you authored,  so it was clear what I was referring to and was not subject to your spin... which you tried anyway..

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Antique,

I would modify what you said, and say if the Celtics play like they are capable of, the the Cs will beat the Heat. Nobody played well. Even Ray, who shot well, played poor defense.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Garnett camps out at the 3 point line : Stretching the truth, arent you? Correct, you didnt say KG couldnt shoot from inside the 3... you said he wasnt a threat from there... which is about as wrong as one can be. You said having KG out there kept him from rebounding... as if the Celtics were missing his usual, rare offensive rebound. Twist and spin all youd like.. your posts are here so theres no double talk thats gonna work. Also, the text I put in bold was the ridiculous comments you authored,  so it was clear what I was referring to and was not subject to your spin... which you tried anyway..
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

Karl all is lost on you with this. Spin it whatever way you want. He is not a threat to the Heat when he plays so far from the basket. I stand by my opinions and put no spin on them. He helps the Heat on D by being so far away from the paint. Period. Fact. I am a Cs fan wishing for the best. And my opion is and was KG needs to get more involved in the post area which in turn will get him more involved in the game. It will fire him up. He will also get his teamates more involved. He won't get to the foul line camping outside and taking long jumpers. And KG needs and should be getting to the line. And yes, a guy his size needs to gather some offensive rebounds. Just shooting from his threat point won't cut it. They lost not because of KG but because the Cs stunk(ok jump ball) for most of the game.   They will be much better as a unit in game 2. So I await game 2. KG will play better and hit more shots from all over the court. Let's hope he gets to the line. Karl, I made some simple opions and you labor on and on and on. You are obviously more wrapped up with KG than I had hoped for. Enjoy game 2 cause I know I will. Go Cs. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

I wonder if KG read this post. Kidding of course. KG played tough, inspired, in and near the paint, REBOUNDING Machine, hitting jumpers, backing players in. He left the campsite for better grounds and he proved he can still bring it. Well played KG, Pierce, Rondo, Allen and JO. All the players stepped up and got into this series tonight. Keep it going Cs. Keep it going.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from videoburns. Show videoburns's posts

Well I have to say Antiqueman wins this argument...     buck up and admit you were wrong Karlost.

Sections
Shortcuts