If I Called the Shots!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

If I Called the Shots!

If I ran this team the following actions would be taken immediately:

Effective immediately: hero ball replaced by drives to the basket!

1. Rondo - would be directed to distribute the ball within 6-seconds of the 24-second clock. More passes = better offensive flow. In addition, each wrap around poke away that does not result in a steal = a trip to the pines.

2. AB - sit him until he is healthy.

3. PP - limit to 25-minutes a game. Doc would be directed to no longer run isolation plays for him coming out of time outs. In addition, PP would see the ball allot more in the post.

4. BB & JG sent down to D-League until play improves. Enjoy the bus rides and Motel 6(s) guys! Call me when you feel like playing pro-ball again!

5. KG - limit to 25-minutes a game. Move back to PF (natural position).

6. Melo - bring up from D-League, and play him at a minimum 20-minutes per game!

7. C. Wright - bring up from D-League, to give PP rest on bench (10-day contract). OR resign KJ!

8. C. Lee - would be directed to attack the basket more!

9. Sully - continue being Sully, a promising rook developing his game!

10. JT - trade to a contender needing a scorer.

11. Barbosa - fill in for AB, until healthy. Defense must improve.

12. CW - continue to sit until healthy.  

13. Doc - hire a real defensive assistant coach! Stop calling time outs at the end of games to draw up an ISO for PP!

14. DA - sign K-Mart to play some 4 & 5 and stir up the locker room! Locker room is a bit to friendly!

Those are my takes! Dam it felt good typing that (loosing streak therapy)!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Re: If I Called the Shots!

I totally agree with #1, #5,, #6, #9, #10, #11, #13 & #14

Good observations...but #1 is the most important

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

It really did feel good to vent! DA and Doc need to shake things-up!

Is Bobby Knight available (defensive coach)? He would bring some intensity to the lockeroom!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom2. Show proftom2's posts

I'd start the transformation now. Trade PP and KG to contenders for younger big bodies and picks.  They don't have to be great bigs, just average.  I'd start Lee, Sully, Green, Bass, and Barbo, bring Rondo, JT, AB and new bigs off the bench.

I'd also sign Vince Wilfork to play center 10 mins per night.   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mikekane3334. Show Mikekane3334's posts

Just a few stats:  Last 3 games

Pierce shooting 31%, Garnett 37.5%, Sully 50%

Pierce ave 7 rebounds, Garnett 6, Sully 11

Sully averaging fewer minutes than either Pierce or Garnett

What does Doc do?  Continues to play Pierce and Garnett late in the game when we sn**ch defeat from the jaws of victory.  Pierce and Garnett a combined 1-11 in the fourth quarter of the Cavs game!!! I'm sick of Doc doing this.  He's too chicken to bench the poor performers when the game is on the line if their names are Pierce of Garnett. C'mon man!  Do what needs to be done to win a game or get out of town!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

1. Rondo - would be directed to distribute the ball within 6-seconds of the 24-second clock. More passes = better offensive flow. In addition, each wrap around poke away that does not result in a steal = a trip to the pines.

3. PP - limit to 25-minutes a game. Doc would be directed to no longer run isolation plays for him coming out of time outs. In addition, PP would see the ball allot more in the post.

4. BB & JG sent down to D-League until play improves. Enjoy the bus rides and Motel 6(s) guys! Call me when you feel like playing pro-ball again!

6. Melo - bring up from D-League, and play him at a minimum 20-minutes per game!

7. C. Wright - bring up from D-League, to give PP rest on bench (10-day contract). OR resign KJ!

13. Doc - hire a real defensive assistant coach! Stop calling time outs at the end of games to draw up an ISO for PP!

14. DA - sign K-Mart to play some 4 & 5 and stir up the locker room! Locker room is a bit to friendly!

All good ideas,  the team is old and the other players other than Pierce, Rondo, and Garnett are not that good.  We hit the wall when Garnett and Pierce hit the way of fatigue.  Rondo in his defense has no one to pass it to. He needs to become take it to the basket point guard.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Good ideas, but those change will still result in a .500 team.

Trade: Rondo, Terry and Bass  - Get: a Center and a scorer...

then implement your suggestions.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

Good ideas, but those change will still result in a .500 team.

Trade: Rondo, Terry and Bass  - Get: a Center and a scorer...

then implement your suggestions.

At this point I am certain all options are on the table! If DA finds the right trade partner, I am guessing he would not hesitate! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

In response to BCSP's comment:

All good ideas,  the team is old and the other players other than Pierce, Rondo, and Garnett are not that good.  We hit the wall when Garnett and Pierce hit the way of fatigue.  Rondo in his defense has no one to pass it to. He needs to become take it to the basket point guard.

I agree! I think RR saves his body for the playoffs! You can only drive it to the hoop with reckless abandon so many times without getting injured and or banged-up! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

bring back Bird, Parish, and McHale........hey at least it would be entertaining! :  )

Sections
Shortcuts