If I was NBA Commissioner!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

If I was NBA Commissioner!

The NBA has limped into the playoffs this year with a percentage of its stars injured, and a fan base that is only semi imterested!

The league has a commisioner that does not put the health of his players first, as witnessed by the schedule the past few seasons. A commissioner that does not promote the rules of the game, as witnessed by the lack of traveling calls. A commissioner that penalizes a team for resting two of their starters for one game mid-season, but allows the Heat to rest their starters for numerous games leading into the playoffs! 

The NBA is broken! If I was commissioner, I would make the following changes, immediately:

1. Decrease the season schedule to 70-games

2. Enforce the rules, traveling is traveling! 

3. Eliminate two teams to re-stock the league's talent pool

4. All Star game - winner would have home court in the finals

5. Eliminate the lotto component of the draft! The worst team gets the pick! Hold teams that tank accountable! The commissioner had no issues holding the Spurs accountable for resting 2-players mid-season! 

The outcome of this years playoffs for the most part is known! It is like going to see a movie, already knowing how it ends! Not real exciting! 

The NBA is broken! Hopefully Silver is able to undo the many things Stern did to screw-up the league! 

If not, I am available! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Re: If I was NBA Commissioner!

If I were the commissioner, I would stop star calls, and Make the NBA a true sport, rather than an entertainment with the pretense of being a true sport. The way that Melo was allowed to man handle Green, and clear out defenders with his arm, without fouling in the second half was a shame.

The league depends on fans not knowing the rules or fans not carring, to pull off the goal of having NBA Stars to follow or "superheros" to route for.

Teams are put in a position where game in and game out, games may be called loosely or tightly, but the stars almost always are given a substantial advantage. Things improved last year, but apparenly they have gone back to the old ways.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to Jump-ball-overtime's comment:

If I were the commissioner, I would stop star calls, and Make the NBA a true sport, rather than an entertainment with the pretense of being a true sport. The way that Melo was allowed to man handle Green, and clear out defenders with his arm, without fouling in the second half was a shame.

The league depends on fans not knowing the rules or fans not carring, to pull off the goal of having NBA Stars to follow or "superheros" to route for.

Teams are put in a position where game in and game out, games may be called loosely or tightly, but the stars almost always are given a substantial advantage. Things improved last year, but apparenly they have gone back to the old ways.

+ 1  I couldn't agree more!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Jeff Van Gundy said it best yesterday....everyone is traveling and they just ignore it....there is no such thing as "up & down" anymore....to see these guys jump up then come down, then jump up again is ridiculous......I wish they would enforce the rules while also getting rid of the "Jordan rules".....I personally don't like the three point shot...especially from the corners it just isn't a difficult shot for professionals...the NBA has become equal parts sport and entertainment....you can't say that about the NFL or MLB (except for the umps being allowed to have their own individual interpretation of the strike zone...)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

I'd also like to see a larger restricted zone. I think charges are too tough to call right now. Last night there were two incidents of bad charging calls against the Bucks. Charges allow non-impact players like Haslam and Battier to sneak arond the block and change the game without really making a good basketball play.

Also, no more allstar game. I like a 1:1 tourny with one player from each team, and have there be one for backcourt players and one for frontcourt players.

Also, I don't understand why NBA doesnt allow non-guarenteed contracts. There are too many guys who get paid and then decline. That shouldn't happen

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

I'd also like to see a larger restricted zone. I think charges are too tough to call right now. Last night there were two incidents of bad charging calls against the Bucks. Charges allow non-impact players like Haslam and Battier to sneak arond the block and change the game without really making a good basketball play.

Also, no more allstar game. I like a 1:1 tourny with one player from each team, and have there be one for backcourt players and one for frontcourt players.

Also, I don't understand why NBA doesnt allow non-guarenteed contracts. There are too many guys who get paid and then decline. That shouldn't happen

+ 1 A one on one tournament would be much more entertaining! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

+ 1 a one on one tournament would be much more entertaining! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

+ 1 a one on one tournament would be much more entertaining! 

i doubt very many players would play in a one on one.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I would love to see traveling called,  palming the ball,  offensive fouls, etc.  Seems like the stars don't get those things called on them and then some lesser player gets it called.  I watched Zack Randolph get called for traveling last nite  on his first step.  This is something I see our team get called for a lot.   90% of the time it is not traveling,  but it gets called for non stars.  Of course Lebron can take six step before a layup and Kobe can slide his pivot foot 5 feet and nothing called.  Deron Williams palms the ball about 15 times a game.  Dwight Howard couldn't play a half a game if they call fouls on him.

The NBA is getting ruined but it will continue to be popular.

Refs should be graded and removed if they don't know how to call a game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

I would love to see traveling called,  palming the ball,  offensive fouls, etc.  Seems like the stars don't get those things called on them and then some lesser player gets it called.  I watched Zack Randolph get called for traveling last nite  on his first step.  This is something I see our team get called for a lot.   90% of the time it is not traveling,  but it gets called for non stars.  Of course Lebron can take six step before a layup and Kobe can slide his pivot foot 5 feet and nothing called.  Deron Williams palms the ball about 15 times a game.  Dwight Howard couldn't play a half a game if they call fouls on him.

The NBA is getting ruined but it will continue to be popular.

Refs should be graded and removed if they don't know how to call a game.

Good points! They should change the rules if they choose not to enforce them! 

I predict the NBA has some rough years ahead! Their biggest star is not well liked and there is little to no competition for Miami over the next few years (if the team stays together)! 

Having an unpopular star on a championship team (small market city), with no challenger in site, is anything but good news for the NBA! 

Stern has made a mess of the NBA! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

The NBA has limped into the playoffs this year with a percentage of its stars injured, and a fan base that is only semi imterested!

The league has a commisioner that does not put the health of his players first, as witnessed by the schedule the past few seasons. A commissioner that does not promote the rules of the game, as witnessed by the lack of traveling calls. A commissioner that penalizes a team for resting two of their starters for one game mid-season, but allows the Heat to rest their starters for numerous games leading into the playoffs! 

The NBA is broken! If I was commissioner, I would make the following changes, immediately:

5. Eliminate the lotto component of the draft! The worst team gets the pick! Hold teams that tank accountable! The commissioner had no issues holding the Spurs accountable for resting 2-players mid-season! 

The outcome of this years playoffs for the most part is known! It is like going to see a movie, already knowing how it ends! Not real exciting! 

The NBA is broken! Hopefully Silver is able to undo the many things Stern did to screw-up the league! 

If not, I am available! 

As much as I love basketball and the Celtics...I can't stand the NBA. It is a corrupt organization and has been for years. I will be glad when Stern is finally gone.

Along with the suggestions above..I would add overhauling the officials completely. Either there is a flawed league philosophy when it comes to traveling and giving the superstars gratuitous calls..or the officials are just completely inept. Either way..it ruins the game.

I have always been a big Celtics fan..but for all the reasons above..and for love of the sport..I much prefer to watch college level basketball.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PlayoffBound. Show PlayoffBound's posts

What a bunch of whiners and complainers!!!!

The NBA is strong and popular and LeBron is a mega-star.

The Celtics have no hope, but don't think the NBA isn't as popular as ever!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Hey, did the lakers hit the reset button again?

How's kobe's tweeting going?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

The Three most infamous Rigged games in NBA History

David Stern has Rigged hundreds of games in his 24 years in office. The three that we rank as the most important are Game 7 of the 2000 Western Conference Finals , Game 6 of the 2002 Western Conference Finals and game 5 of the 2006 NBA Finals. These are by far the most notorious rigged games in recent memory.

Game 7 2000 Western Conference Final Portland Trail Blazer vs Los Angeles Lakers

Portland won 59 games during the regular season. The Trail Blazers were big, skilled & athletic. They were young & old.  Sabonis, Pippen, Schrempf were a little past their prime, But Wallace, Stoudmire, O'Neal & Wells were young. They had a starting 5 of 7'3" Arydas Sabonis, 6"10" Rasheed Wallace, 6'9" Scottie Pippen, 6'8" Steve Smith, 6'3"Damon Stoudmire. Their bench consisted of Brian Grant  ( a real hustler on the boards) Bonzi Wells, Jermaine O'Neal ( came in out of high school ) Detlef Schrempf, Greg Anthony & Stacey Augman.  

This great team was denied a NBA Championship because David Stern wanted to make more Money

In the deciding game of the Western Conference Championships June 4 in The Staples Center. With the series tied at three wins each, the Trail Blazers were leading the host Lakers, 73-58, early in the fourth quarter then were outscored, 31-11 in the last 11 minutes and lost, 89-85. The Trail Blazers took 16 FTA the Lakers took 37 FTA . The Trail Blazers top defensive players Arydas Sabonis & Scottie Pippen both fouled out. In the fourth quarter  every call was in favor of the Lakers.

Both of Sabonis 5th & 6th fouls were terrible calls, both came on blocking calls. When Portland lost Sabonis they had to go to Brian Grant, who at 6'8" was too small to play key minutes at center against Shaq.

Game 6 2002 Western Conference Final Sacramento Kings vs Los Angeles Lakers

Sacramento won 61 games during the regular season. They had a starting 5 of Chris Webber, Mike Bibby, Doug Chritie, Pega Stojakovic, Vlade Divac. There Bench was Bobby Jackson, Hedo Turkoglu, Scott Pollard & Lawrence Funderburke. The Kings were a high octane offence that like to run & gun.

" too many of the calls in the fourth quarter  were  stunningly incorrect , all against Sacramento. I have never seen officiating in a game of this consequence as bad as that in Game 6." - Michael Wilborn Washington Post

In all the Lakers took 27 foul shots in the fourth quarter. With Sacramento up 3 games to 2 this rigged game prevented them from advancing to the NBA Finals. For the game the Lakers took 15 more FTA both Scott Pollard & Vlade Divac both fouled out on plays where they did not even touch the Laker player.

" I've been covering the NBA for 30 years, and it's the poorest officiating in a important game I've ever seen," David Dupree USA Today

Nader's Letter

Game 5 2006 NBA Final Miami Heat vs Dallas Mavericks

The Dallas Mavericks 2005-2006 season was indisputably the greatest in NBA history. 

Dallas won 60 games during the regular season In addition to Dirk Nowitzki being named the NBA's MVP and winning the 3-point contest

Nowitzki  again topping the 2,000 point mark while setting career-highs in scoring (26.6 ppg), field goal percentage (48.0%), 3-point field goal percentage (40.6%), and free throw percentage (90.1%). Joining Nowitzki on Dallas's starting 5 were Jason Terry, Devin Harris, Josh Howard & Desagana Diop. Coming off the bench was Erick Dampeir, Jerry Stackhouse & Adrian Griffin.

Mark Cuban Fined $250K Because of Outburst After Game 5 of NBA Finals

According to an AP report he said to Stern and other NBA officials, who were seated at the scorer's table and was overheard to shout venomously in the jubilant din, '[Bleep] you! [Bleep] you! Your league is rigged!'

David Stern decided that game 5 would be his chance to pay back all his sponsors. Dywane Wade who was a spokes person for Converse, Gatorade, T-mobile cell phones, Lincoln cars & whose Jersey is in the top 3 in sales was the benefactor . In total Wade went to the foul line 25 xs, There were 5 separate fouls on Wade in which he was never touched. The internet bloggers refer to them as the Phantom Fouls. Miami as a team went to the line 49 xs to Dallas 25 xs. Dallas finished with 6 more field goals 11 more rebounds & lost the game by one. Both of Dallas low post defenders were in foul trouble Diop fouled out Dampier finished with 5 fouls.

David Stern's greed deprived Nowitzki  an NBA title in 2006

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

If not, I am available! 

Nice, I like all of these suggestions...especially #4. It makes the AS game meaningful.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

NBA Is Rigged For The Lakers To Make The Playoffs Conspiracy   Apr  04 2013

For years, fans have been speculating that professional sports have always been, and still are, rigged. But recently, it seems the puppet masters pulling the strings don’t even attempt to conceal their plans anymore.

Nathaniel Bennett published this video which claims to show the extent to which the NBA is rigged in favor of the Los Angeles Lakers. It seems no matter what the opposing players do, the refs penalize them. And no matter how rough Lakers are, they get off scott-free.

Even the announcers seem constantly shocked by the obviously biased referee calls. 

Now, fans have had enough, and are helping to make this conspiracy video go viral. Already, it has amassed over 1.75 million views in less than a week.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

If not, I am available! 

Nice, I like all of these suggestions...especially #4. It makes the AS game meaningful.

+1

i would also make the playoffs league-wide from the beginning rather than the boring east and west thing.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

the BEST thing the NBA could do is hav a REAL salary cap.

not one with a million exceptions......and one that allows teams to go over the cap and pay a penalty...but a REAL HARD CAP!

something like the NFL does.

A $70 Million HARD cap for next year, with a $55Million cap Minimum would make for a more entertaining league as a whole, IMO.

the Players would get the same amount of pay, though the "stars" may make less individually.

no more super teams,  be it the Heat, the Lakers or yes...the Celtics of 2008.

a couple teams with crappy owners/organization may have to disband or move.

there would need to be some type of  revenue sharing on the local TV deals that the major city teams get to balance the league revenues out with the smaller market teams.

the question in my mind is does the NBA want to continue being like  major league baseball (with only two or three teams a year really competing for a championship and all the other teams being "minor league feeeders" to the big spenders)

or

more like the NFL, where each team with the proper management can compete at any given year?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Wow what a video.  Combine that with shooting more free throws in like 17 straight games ,  some by a huge margin and its easy to see why they won those games.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Stern's NBA - where corruption happens!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Except for the Miami Heat of course!! Take a few weeks off Lebron! Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

No it wasn't! A ref actually had the nerve to call a foul on LJ!

Of course he was reprimanded!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Doc Rivers fined $25,000 for criticizing officials after Game 2

It is what it is!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

http://www.youtube.com/embed/FvMG7mZGo04?feature=player_detailpage"   Rigged? Destroying Basketball... 2012 NBA Finals flops and refereeing in favor of Miami

Sections
Shortcuts