IF I'm the GM

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

IF I'm the GM

The joy of these forums is throwing out your crazy ideas and reading others.  With all the seperate threads dedicated to both the upcomming draft, free agency, cap room, and trades (or lack there of) I thought I would share my hopes.

1st:  Offer Hibbert a max deal and hope he's willing to choose us over all the other offers coming his way.  Sure his numbers are down since all-star break but he's a legit 7 ft Center that is consistant healthy.  I wish his PER was higher but he has made growth every year and will improve.

2nd:  Forget Eric Gordon (size and health problems) and make a push for OJ Mayo.  His athletacism in combonation with Rondo would allow the C's to go from a one man fast break to at very least a two man.  He's young, also healthy, has an improving shot and if forced can handle the ball better then Ray or Paul.

3rd:  Sign KG if he's willing to take 7-8m.  His spirit and effort are infectious and he clearly still has gas in the tank....his minutes will have to drop a great deal but if JJJ is going to be a part of the C's future he needs to play.  KG as a mentor for Hibbert and JJJ..does it get better?

4th:  If Jeff Green proves to be healthy sign him...we need his size and skill at the three spot.  Pierce is slowing down and I worry about this seasons lasting impact on our elder statesmen.

5th:  Let everyone but KG walk.  Sorry but its time for an over haul to younger more athletic players.  We have 40 mill coming off the books and it can be better spent then JO and Dooling.  Bass is the only question mark and I do believe he would be a great 6th man, but with his play this year I would be shocked if he opts out and signs a better deal with another team.

6th:  2 first round picks, 1 second round:  Draft the best player available.  I hear lots of talk about drafting for need but this draft is loaded 6'7-6'10 Forwards.  Drafting by need is drafting from weakness and we need another future stud not a role player.  Marshon Brooks might not have played as well or as much for the C's this year but he would have looked nice next to Rondo for the next 5.

Just wish we had a top 5 pick...Barnes looks like a stud.

Line-up:

PG: Rondo and Bradley
    SG: Mayo and Pietrus
    SF: Pierce and Green
    PF: Garnett and JJJ
    C: Hibbert and ????(Steisma)  

+++ our picks (Two 1st and One 2nd)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: IF I'm the GM

I did a similar thread yesterday......and then I was "Dudder'd".  So, if you don't want both your regular and  basketball IQ's questioned, if you don't want to be called "clueless", you need to be careful what you wish for if you were GM........:)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

I'll keep it in mind, but not really bothered when haters come out....Ignore is a great feature.  Life has more then enough stressors then to come on a basketball forum and get all worked up over something I actually enjoy.

I don't even mind Lakers or other NBA fans contributing if thats in fact what they are doing. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: IF I'm the GM:
    I'll keep it in mind, but not really bothered when haters come out....Ignore is a great feature.  Life has more then enough stressors then to come on a basketball forum and get all worked up over something I actually enjoy. I don't even mind Lakers or other NBA fans contributing if thats in fact what they are doing. 
    Posted by TuukkainNet

BTW - my wish team is almost exactly the same, except I have Humphries and Bass, with KG retiring.........

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to IF I'm the GM:
    The joy of these forums is throwing out your crazy ideas and reading others.  With all the seperate threads dedicated to both the upcomming draft, free agency, cap room, and trades (or lack there of) I thought I would share my hopes. 1st:  Offer Hibbert a max deal and hope he's willing to choose us over all the other offers coming his way.  Sure his numbers are down since all-star break but he's a legit 7 ft Center that is consistant healthy.  I wish his PER was higher but he has made growth every year and will improve. 2nd:  Forget Eric Gordon (size and health problems) and make a push for OJ Mayo.  His athletacism in combonation with Rondo would allow the C's to go from a one man fast break to at very least a two man.  He's young, also healthy, has an improving shot and if forced can handle the ball better then Ray or Paul. 3rd:  Sign KG if he's willing to take 7-8m.  His spirit and effort are infectious and he clearly still has gas in the tank....his minutes will have to drop a great deal but if JJJ is going to be a part of the C's future he needs to play.  KG as a mentor for Hibbert and JJJ..does it get better? 4th:  If Jeff Green proves to be healthy sign him...we need his size and skill at the three spot.  Pierce is slowing down and I worry about this seasons lasting impact on our elder statesmen. 5th:  Let everyone but KG walk.  Sorry but its time for an over haul to younger more athletic players.  We have 40 mill coming off the books and it can be better spent then JO and Dooling.  Bass is the only question mark and I do believe he would be a great 6th man, but with his play this year I would be shocked if he opts out and signs a better deal with another team. 6th:  2 first round picks, 1 second round:  Draft the best player available.  I hear lots of talk about drafting for need but this draft is loaded 6'7-6'10 Forwards.  Drafting by need is drafting from weakness and we need another future stud not a role player.  Marshon Brooks might not have played as well or as much for the C's this year but he would have looked nice next to Rondo for the next 5. Just wish we had a top 5 pick...Barnes looks like a stud. Line-up: PG: Rondo and Bradley SG: Mayo and Pietrus SF: Pierce and Green PF: Garnett and JJJ C: Hibbert and ????(Steisma)   +++ our picks (Two 1st and One 2nd)
    Posted by TuukkainNet

I like this plan, I do, I think in all honesty though that it is going to hard to pry hibbert away, but if we could, and if we match him with a lesser paid KG, the celtics D would pretty much be impossible to score against. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

The joy of these forums is throwing out your crazy ideas and reading others.  With all the seperate threads dedicated to both the upcomming draft, free agency, cap room, and trades (or lack there of) I thought I would share my hopes. 1st:  Offer Hibbert a max deal and hope he's willing to choose us over all the other offers coming his way.  Sure his numbers are down since all-star break but he's a legit 7 ft Center that is consistant healthy.  I wish his PER was higher but he has made growth every year and will improve. 2nd:  Forget Eric Gordon (size and health problems) and make a push for OJ Mayo.  His athletacism in combonation with Rondo would allow the C's to go from a one man fast break to at very least a two man.  He's young, also healthy, has an improving shot and if forced can handle the ball better then Ray or Paul. 3rd:  Sign KG if he's willing to take 7-8m.  His spirit and effort are infectious and he clearly still has gas in the tank....his minutes will have to drop a great deal but if JJJ is going to be a part of the C's future he needs to play.  KG as a mentor for Hibbert and JJJ..does it get better? 4th:  If Jeff Green proves to be healthy sign him...we need his size and skill at the three spot.  Pierce is slowing down and I worry about this seasons lasting impact on our elder statesmen. 5th:  Let everyone but KG walk.  Sorry but its time for an over haul to younger more athletic players.  We have 40 mill coming off the books and it can be better spent then JO and Dooling.  Bass is the only question mark and I do believe he would be a great 6th man, but with his play this year I would be shocked if he opts out and signs a better deal with another team. 6th:  2 first round picks, 1 second round:  Draft the best player available.  I hear lots of talk about drafting for need but this draft is loaded 6'7-6'10 Forwards.  Drafting by need is drafting from weakness and we need another future stud not a role player.  Marshon Brooks might not have played as well or as much for the C's this year but he would have looked nice next to Rondo for the next 5. Just wish we had a top 5 pick...Barnes looks like a stud. Line-up: PG: Rondo and Bradley SG: Mayo and Pietrus SF: Pierce and Green PF: Garnett and JJJ C: Hibbert and ????(Steisma)   +++ our picks (Two 1st and One 2nd)
    Posted by TuukkainNet

Like most of these ideas but Hibbert is not a max player to me.... I also think he could be injury prone.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I do like the picks although, like CASox, I don't regard Hibbert as a max player.  I'd make a push at Hibbert first and then Kaman second and neither would be offered max dollars.

I also would love to have Ray playing backup.  I think he has enough in the tank to be a very capable 2nd team scorer.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Posted by TuukkainNet

I like your ideas.  I would keep Bass and make sure Hibbert is healthy.  Oden for peanuts, to try out, could be brought in as well.  I feel the Celtics with Green healthy and even Wilcox could be strong in the frontcourt with a new center.

Mayo makes a lot of sense going forward with Rondo.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Posted by TuukkainNet

I like your ideas.  I would keep Bass and make sure Hibbert is healthy.  Oden for peanuts, to try out, could be brought in as well.  I feel the Celtics with Green healthy and even Wilcox could be strong in the frontcourt with a new center.

Mayo makes a lot of sense going forward with Rondo.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I guess no one but Dudder read my thread yesterday.......I have basically the same team - only Dudder says I was clueless and have no IQ.....:)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

A max deal for a center ? Unless their last names were Jabbar,O'neal or Olijuwan that hasn't worked out for anyone. The history of the NBA is littered with broken franchises and fired execs that followed the build around a guy" because he is 7 + has a little talent at center". Other than a period in the late 60,s - 70s there is usually only 2-3 dominant centers in the NBA at a time. Right now this season we need the best large triple 5 guy a night guy available, 5 rbs,5 fouls and combo of stats that add up to 5.
      Next year there are a million possibilities that could happen.
    I'm not looking for next year because I feel we're are coming together nicely and can win our division and get a 1st round home series.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I guess no one but Dudder read my thread yesterday.......I have basically the same team - only Dudder says I was clueless and have no IQ.....:)
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

I read it and posted on it!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

The age of Hibbert (25), his size (7'2 260), improvement every year, and the fact that he has been durable (missed 2 games in the past two years) thus far would make me throw big dollars his way.  It seems legit 7 footers are coming by less often.  Plus...the only way we get him is to offer him that type of money, I'm sure Indy won't but the Nets are going to have to do something since Deron is as good as gone.  Here are his stats....

I see him being a lock at 15ppg 10reb and 2 blocks with Rondo feeding him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

His PER is pretty average 18.75 (makes him 16th for centers) again I think Rondo and Doc will improve that.

*Interesting to note that Javale McGee is 9th with a 19.84

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Posted by Red-16Russ-11

Red your comments make equal sense as well.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

keep Bass, trade wave at em rondo, rest sound good

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

I did a similar thread yesterday......and then I was "Dudder'd".  So, if you don't want both your regular and  basketball IQ's questioned, if you don't want to be called "clueless", you need to be careful what you wish for if you were GM........:)
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

New word for Websters?
    Hope we can resign KG at a rate reduced enough it doesn't impact our ability to sign other players.  Wondering if KG will retire after this year.
    It would be nice if same could be done for RA.  6th man status is something I've wanted to see for several years now.
    If an upgrade of our starting 5 is possible thru signing free agents and the draft, and our bench has RA and possibly KG, next year might be less of a rebuilding and more of a retooling.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

Posted by TuukkainNet

Boston might be losing $40m in salaries but they will only be about $23m to $25m under the cap if Bass stays with Boston. If Boston gives $7m to Garnett and $5m to Green, that leaves $13m. $3m approx cap holds for the 2 1st round picks brings Boston down to $10m. $10m is not goingto get you Hibbert, Mayo and Pietrus.

There are also cap holds on the other roster spots of minimum salaries for any remaining roster spots.

The idea behind this is good but the math won't allow it to work.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: IF I'm the GM : Red your comments make equal sense as well.
    Posted by concord27

Thanks, we need to give either KG or Ray the MLE (or mini) or else the numbers wont' work.....also Jeff Green needs a one year deal for short money, so we can get him back after he shows he's healthy.  We can still get two big contracts...........should be fun!!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Anhd they thought Bill-806 was crazy !!!

Sections
Shortcuts