If Miami edges Boston in the East look no further than the two losses to Dallas

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mac1980. Show mac1980's posts

If Miami edges Boston in the East look no further than the two losses to Dallas

It happened twice this year.  The Celtics led late in the 4th qtr and just could not score a point down the stretch.  Unbelievable.  10-0 run to finish the game for the Mavs.  Sickening loss with so many big games on the horizon and Miami winning tough road games.  This one really hurts.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from docomospur. Show docomospur's posts

Re: If Miami edges Boston in the East look no further than the two losses to Dallas

Home court advantage or not, won't make a bit of difference.  The Heat are going to wipe the floor with a bunch of geriatrics who just can't seem to execute on offense when it really matters.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

Re: If Miami edges Boston in the East look no further than the two losses to Dallas

In Response to Re: If Miami edges Boston in the East look no further than the two losses to Dallas:
    [QUOTE]Home court advantage or not, won't make a bit of difference.  The Heat are going to wipe the floor with a bunch of geriatrics who just can't seem to execute on offense when it really matters.
    Posted by docomospur[/QUOTE]Are you a Celtics fan? How can you say this about your team if you are one. This is not even constructive criticism. Basketball is a game. Games are won and lost. Losses are indeed upsetting to fans, but this not a reason to trash one's team, particularly when it has generally been playing well and leading its division and conference.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: If Miami edges Boston in the East look no further than the two losses to Dallas:
    [QUOTE]Home court advantage or not, won't make a bit of difference.  The Heat are going to wipe the floor with a bunch of geriatrics who just can't seem to execute on offense when it really matters.
    Posted by docomospur[/QUOTE]

How's that working out for you so far this year!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Simply not true. There are 33 more games to go and 2 more months of playing in the regular season. I doubt the 2 losses to Dallas would decide the outcome of who would be the #1 seed in the east. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from docomospur. Show docomospur's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Miami edges Boston in the East look no further than the two losses to Dallas : Are you a Celtics fan? How can you say this about your team if you are one. This is not even constructive criticism. Basketball is a game. Games are won and lost. Losses are indeed upsetting to fans, but this not a reason to trash one's team, particularly when it has generally been playing well and leading its division and conference.
    Posted by edcap99[/QUOTE]

For a veteran team with supposed experience, tough defense and gritty execution when it's squeak bum time, it isn't very encouraging when they can't pull off tight games like this one.  I don't think the Celts can keep up with the pace and athleticism of teams like the Heat, Magic and Bulls and they're going to have to play tight and execute in the clutch.  That's why close defeats like today's, especially when it's at home (btw, I wonder what the Celts' Fri night record at the Garden is like), doesn't bode well.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mac1980. Show mac1980's posts

[QUOTE]Simply not true. There are 33 more games to go and 2 more months of playing in the regular season. I doubt the 2 losses to Dallas would decide the outcome of who would be the #1 seed in the east. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Hmm. Well if Miami ends up 60-22 and Boston ends up 59-23 I guess the games against Dallas made a difference.  I'm commenting on the way they lost the games.  They had leads down the stretch and couldn't finish.  That's frustrating.  I know there are other games like that and the losses to the really bad teams count just as much but to not execute against a good team twice in eerily similar fashion is more disappointing to me than not getting up for the Wizards or Raptors.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Miami edges Boston in the East look no further than the two losses to Dallas : Hmm. Well if Miami ends up 60-22 and Boston ends up 59-23 I guess the games against Dallas made a difference.  I'm commenting on the way they lost the games.  They had leads down the stretch and couldn't finish.  That's frustrating.  I know there are other games like that and the losses to the really bad teams count just as much but to not execute against a good team twice in eerily similar fashion is more disappointing to me than not getting up for the Wizards or Raptors.
    Posted by mac1980[/QUOTE]

How about the loss to Toronto when Ray turned the ball over when the Celtics were leading by 1 point? Remember the loss to OKC when Durant and Jeff Green were not playing? Or the New Orleans game where the Celtics lost by 2 points, if the Celtics end up 59-23 they could have been 60-22 if they beat the Hornets at home, right?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Miami edges Boston in the East look no further than the two losses to Dallas : For a veteran team with supposed experience, tough defense and gritty execution when it's squeak bum time, it isn't very encouraging when they can't pull off tight games like this one.  I don't think the Celts can keep up with the pace and athleticism of teams like the Heat, Magic and Bulls and they're going to have to play tight and execute in the clutch.  That's why close defeats like today's, especially when it's at home (btw, I wonder what the Celts' Fri night record at the Garden is like), doesn't bode well.

Way to knock the #1 defensive team in the league, and the defending Eastern Conference Champions, troll!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from docomospur. Show docomospur's posts

Call me what you want (and I'm sorry about your HS team, if that's what's making you irritable).  Being the #1 defensive team loses a bit of its shine when you fail to execute down the stretch.  And the Eastern Conference Champions bit is so last season - perhaps it hasn't dawned on you yet but I hope the Celts are more than aware that we've got a few re-tooled competitors in the East to contend with this year.

For what it's worth, the drubbing by the Suns didn't bother me as much.  It's a bit ad nauseum on my part, but we really need the Celts to deliver in the clutch.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Call me what you want (and I'm sorry about your HS team, if that's what's making you irritable).  Being the #1 defensive team loses a bit of its shine when you fail to execute down the stretch.  And the Eastern Conference Champions bit is so last season - perhaps it hasn't dawned on you yet but I hope the Celts are more than aware that we've got a few re-tooled competitors in the East to contend with this year. For what it's worth, the drubbing by the Suns didn't bother me as much.  It's a bit ad nauseum on my part, but we really need the Celts to deliver in the clutch.

How do you know the Celtics will not deliver in the clutch in the playoffs? 

Remember Game 3 of the Celtics vs. Heat in the 1st round of the playoffs last year?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from docomospur. Show docomospur's posts

I certainly hope they do, P34, but I worry when I see them not executing now; I can't recall if it was a similar case last year but these guys have shown they can really go cold this season.  

What I certainly hope is NOT the case is the Celts thinking that they can just turn it on and execute in the play-offs again, like last year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Don't forget the loss to the Wizards!!! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to If Miami edges Boston in the East look no further than the two losses to Dallas:
    [QUOTE]It happened twice this year.  The Celtics led late in the 4th qtr and just could not score a point down the stretch.  Unbelievable.  10-0 run to finish the game for the Mavs.  Sickening loss with so many big games on the horizon and Miami winning tough road games.  This one really hurts.

what an idiotic post

the Mavs are one of the five best teams in the league and we played great games with them with unlucky bounces our way and lucky shots by wife-beaters going to them

if Miami gets homecourt look no further than losses to the Wiz, Raptors and Cav.. those are the 3 worst teams in the league

it is so simple to see what games have killed us but only a moron would claim it to be the Mavs games

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Don't forget the loss to the Wizards!!! 
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

You're right, I almost forgot about that one.

Delonte is still not playing. Until we see a complete team out there it's premature to say that the Celtics can not deliver in the clutch. I bet if Delonte was healthy he would have been out there, instead of Rondo, in the last minute of that Mavs game.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Miami edges Boston in the East look no further than the two losses to Dallas : You're right, I almost forgot about that one. Delonte is still not playing. Until we see a complete team out there it's premature to say that the Celtics can not deliver in the clutch. I bet if Delonte was healthy he would have been out there, instead of Rondo, in the last minute of that Mavs game.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

When is Delonte due back? I haven't heard much about him and his return from injury.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from docomospur. Show docomospur's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Miami edges Boston in the East look no further than the two losses to Dallas : You're right, I almost forgot about that one. Delonte is still not playing. Until we see a complete team out there it's premature to say that the Celtics can not deliver in the clutch. I bet if Delonte was healthy he would have been out there, instead of Rondo, in the last minute of that Mavs game.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

That's the thing with this team - we just don't know if we'll ever have a full strength roster this entire season, given the age and injury proneness of quite a few of the players.  Doc's going to have to manage and get the players he has available to make the right decisions.  Your comment about Delonte being in there instead of Rondo is an interesting one; I know where you're coming from but for a player who's supposed to be one of our "big 4", perhaps it speaks volumes when he can't be relied on during such crunch times.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

We could have won both Mavs games and lost 3 of the games we won vs. Miami, Orlando, Chicago, SA and Utah and been in a worse position then we are now. We have won SEVEN games vs the top 7 teams and lost THREE....

Celts play to their competition too much.

the Cavs, Raptors and Wiz games were what REALLY hurt. Refs stole Raps game but a lack of effort and baility to drop shots lost the other two.

gGing 7-3 vs the elite BEST OF THE BEST teams.....

IS 100% FINE BY ME!

If we went 7-3 vs. EVERY TEAM IN THE LEAGUE we'd win 57-58 games. And that is what we have done vs the 7 best teams out of 30 in the sport.

We are VERY good.

blame the games we didn't show up vs the worst teams over the games we played really well vs teams like the Mavs and still lost.

This thread is so ignorant it makes me more upset than the wife-beaters 3 did.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Miami edges Boston in the East look no further than the two losses to Dallas : When is Delonte due back? I haven't heard much about him and his return from injury.
    Posted by Waynestarr[/QUOTE]

Delonte will back after the All-Star break.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Nope.  There are teams that will beat the Celtics when it counts, but that's not one of them.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to If Miami edges Boston in the East look no further than the two losses to Dallas : what an idiotic post the Mavs are one of the five best teams in the league and we played great games with them with unlucky bounces our way and lucky shots by wife-beaters going to them if Miami gets homecourt look no further than losses to the Wiz, Raptors and Cav.. those are the 3 worst teams in the league it is so simple to see what games have killed us but only a moron would claim it to be the Mavs games
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

Agree that the losses to some of the inferior teams in the NBA are what may decide the best record in the East.  Hopefully, the Celtics can win most of the remainder of these games.  They are more likely to lose some of the games to the elite teams in the NBA. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The Heat don't execute as well vs. the really good teams and still look like they can be had when playoff pressure comes around and there are days off between games

but in the past 2 months since they found a groove they would not lose games to pitiful bottom dwellers like we have 4-5 times. Even if they missed 1 of their 3 stars.

If we lose 2-3 more games to weak non-playoff teams between now and the end of the year, we won't get homecourt. and that nay cost us a ring. I'll be SO p!ssed if we are the 2 seed by 2-3 games.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I will be just as disappointed.  Keep in mind that the pattern with this team is losing games when least expected.  It must be due to age.

I think the stretch this week is going to be hard to take as Shaq is out and Perk is getting reacquainted.  Hope I am wrong. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to If Miami edges Boston in the East look no further than the two losses to Dallas:
    [QUOTE]It happened twice this year.  The Celtics led late in the 4th qtr and just could not score a point down the stretch.  Unbelievable.  10-0 run to finish the game for the Mavs.  Sickening loss with so many big games on the horizon and Miami winning tough road games.  This one really hurts.

So if a team has a better center, powerforward, and point guard and tough match ups at the other spots, we should attribute losing the first seed to that team.

The losses against Cle, Houston, Pho, Washington, etc. don't really matter?

Their last 5 losses were to the Bulls, Houston, the Wiz, Phoenix, and Dallas - not so coincidentally in all 5 losses Rondo was outplayed and in two of those losses the opposing point guard hit game winning 3s.  Let's all close our eyes and imagine Rondo open for a game winning 3...... clang....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mac1980. Show mac1980's posts

Hey rameakap,

I write a post 2 minutes after watching the Celtics blow a decent lead to the Mavs in the last two minutes for the second time this season and you bust out with "ignorant," "idiotic," and "moron."  I'm glad you get off on slurring fellow Celtic fans.  Learn how to disagree with the message without degrading the messenger.  If you think the games against the Raptors, Wizards and Cavs are more important than other games I'd love to hear your argument.  I titled my post what I did about two minutes after the buzzer went off when my blood was still up.  I conceded elsewhere that obviously the Mavs games aren't "more important" than any of the other losses, they just hurt for me personally a little more because I get more satisfaction over beating good teams and losing to good teams in the fashion Boston lost to the Mavs is more painful than losing a coupla fluke games to bad teams that you play 3 or 4 times a year.  I get that they all count the same.

Sections
Shortcuts