If money-wise, the choice is Pietrus or Ray Allen, Who Do You Prefer?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

If money-wise, the choice is Pietrus or Ray Allen, Who Do You Prefer?

I'd have to say Pietrus, believe it or not.
    Better defense and rebounding from the 2/3 that we can't slack on.
    More years ahead of him.
    His three has to be honored all though not feared.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5MWv1zkjes

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: If money-wise, the choice is Pietrus or Ray Allen, Who Do You Prefer?

Pietrus

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Yeah, Pietrus was really a game changer for us this year, actually in his entire career. And one durable guy as well. His stats are really off the charts (EFFR. + 6.37):

SeasonTeamGGSMPGFG%3p%FT%OFFDEFRPGAPGSPGBPGTOPFPPG
    11-12BOS41622.00.3850.3410.6450.42.73.10.60.50.20.81.96.8
    Career 53715621.50.4270.3580.6650.82.33.10.80.70.41.02.38.4

That Ray Allen Loser (EFFR + 13.46):
    SeasonTeamGGSMPGFG%3p%FT%OFFDEFRPGAPGSPGBPGTOPFPPG
    11-12BOS464234.00.4580.4530.9150.32.83.12.41.10.21.51.814.2
    Career 1148114036.90.4520.4000.8941.03.24.23.61.20.22.22.320.0

That enormous rebounding edge for Pietrus is really making this a simple decision.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In Response to Re: If money-wise, the choice is Pietrus or Ray Allen, Who Do You Prefer?:
    Yeah, Pietrus was really a game changer for us this year, actually in his entire career. And one durable guy as well. His stats are really off the charts (EFFR. + 6.37): Season Team G GS MPG FG% 3p% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG 11-12 BOS 41 6 22.0 0.385 0.341 0.645 0.4 2.7 3.1 0.6 0.5 0.2 0.8 1.9 6.8 Career   537 156 21.5 0.427 0.358 0.665 0.8 2.3 3.1 0.8 0.7 0.4 1.0 2.3 8.4 That Ray Allen Loser (EFFR + 13.46): Season Team G GS MPG FG% 3p% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG 11-12 BOS 46 42 34.0 0.458 0.453 0.915 0.3 2.8 3.1 2.4 1.1 0.2 1.5 1.8 14.2 Career   1148 1140 36.9 0.452 0.400 0.894 1.0 3.2 4.2 3.6 1.2 0.2 2.2 2.3 20.0 That enormous rebounding edge for Pietrus is really making this a simple decision.
    Posted by Gasthoerer

You've proven that in 12 fewer mpg's that Pietrus gets as many rebs as Ray.

Most times, 1 or to more rebounds is more important than 1 or two more three point attempts.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

So I guess Gasthoerer prefers Ray..........

Anyone else?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

In Response to Re: If money-wise, the choice is Pietrus or Ray Allen, Who Do You Prefer?:
    In Response to Re: If money-wise, the choice is Pietrus or Ray Allen, Who Do You Prefer? :   You've proven that in 12 fewer mpg's that Pietrus gets as many rebs as Ray. Most times, 1 or to more rebounds is more important than 1 or two more three point attempts.
    Posted by DaCeltics

Your mathematical skill is undeniable!

I have no problem if someone prefers a player over Ray and has good reasons for that. But: Badmouthing one of the classiest players in our roster and in the league? Celebrating bench guys who have done nothing for us all year (and actually were journeymans their entire career)? 

If Ray would have the stats of Pietrus no one would ever consider to bring Ray back for more than the vet min. Pietrus is slightly better than Ray in boards (with significant less minutes - rebound stats normally are not going up with the same ratio if minutes are up), and far worse in almost all other aspects of the game.

C fans are really different than other fans in the league.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sev133. Show Sev133's posts

far worse in almost all other aspects?  Pietrus is playing because of his defense even more so than his rebounding and 3 point shooting....but I'm still not saying I would prefer him over pietrus because I think we need to look at what happens to this team and what the needs will end up being.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sev133. Show Sev133's posts

meant to say *"prefer over ray allen"

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bird-to-DJ. Show Bird-to-DJ's posts

Ray is the better offensive player shooting/spacing/passing/IQ; Pietrus is the better defender & rebounder and younger; I know - blinding flash of the obvious.

However, the answer of which on should the C's keep if it can only be one is driven by what is currently unknown - what will next year's second unit need... more  scoring punch or Pierus' better wing defense & 2/3 felxibility?  You need to pick within the context of your expected roation and 12 man roster which we don't know right now.  That said, if I am picking one of them as the "1st draft choice" for my second unit, i probably go with Pietrus but if our second unit looks like a bunch of young, athletic, aggressive Avery Bradley types, then you may really want Ray's shooting over Pietrus.  Just a thought.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

If still doable (post playoffs) I'd still try to execute a S&T with Memphis with Ray for Mayo if Ray's willing. Keep Pietrus or S&T him for Beasley ... Haha!
    Posted by Mployee8

I would be all for that!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Ray is the better offensive player shooting/spacing/passing/IQ; Pietrus is the better defender & rebounder and younger; I know - blinding flash of the obvious. However, the answer of which on should the C's keep if it can only be one is driven by what is currently unknown - what will next year's second unit need... more  scoring punch or Pierus' better wing defense & 2/3 felxibility?  You need to pick within the context of your expected roation and 12 man roster which we don't know right now.  That said, if I am picking one of them as the "1st draft choice" for my second unit, i probably go with Pietrus but if our second unit looks like a bunch of young, athletic, aggressive Avery Bradley types, then you may really want Ray's shooting over Pietrus.  Just a thought.
    Posted by Bird-to-DJ

If Bradley is starting I would way rather have Rays' offense coming off the bench.  I don't think it matters though.  I think Ray is gone.  A lot of teams are going to want a guy who averages 14 a game and shoots 45 percent from 3.  I think he will get a better offer someplace else.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: If money-wise, the choice is Pietrus or Ray Allen, Who Do You Prefer? : If Bradley is starting I would way rather have Rays' offense coming off the bench.  I don't think it matters though.  I think Ray is gone.  A lot of teams are going to want a guy who averages 14 a game and shoots 45 percent from 3.  I think he will get a better offer someplace else.
    Posted by snakeoil123

You are probably right.  I would be surprised if Ray didn't get other offers for next season.  Considering that he was almost traded this year, I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't with the Celtics next season. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

If still doable (post playoffs) I'd still try to execute a S&T with Memphis with Ray for Mayo if Ray's willing. Keep Pietrus or S&T him for Beasley ... Haha!
    Posted by Mployee8

Bro, you can't be serious with those trades?  There is no way on God's green earth that either Griz or Twolves do that trade.  Hey, I've been wrong before. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: If money-wise, the choice is Pietrus or Ray Allen, Who Do You Prefer? : If Bradley is starting I would way rather have Rays' offense coming off the bench.  I don't think it matters though.  I think Ray is gone.  A lot of teams are going to want a guy who averages 14 a game and shoots 45 percent from 3.  I think he will get a better offer someplace else.
    Posted by snakeoil123

You think Ray would shoot that good on another team?  I think he is in the right offense, with the guys he has around him to allow him to shoot lights out.  5 years ago he didn't need players around him that he does now.  I don't think he would be as good with say the Grizz.   Could be wrong though he could go back to 18 a game.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

I think that Ray's value to a team, more than his shooting prowess, is the work ethic and professionalism that he displays. He is the veteran player every team wants to have on its roster, if only to mentor and influence the young and developing players. Ray exudes class and discipline. What GM or coach doesn't want someone like that on his team? His athletic skills have undoubtedly waned, but he'll always be the great Ray Allen that he is. There is no question that Pietrus is a hard worker, younger, rugged and more athletic. But even Pietrus can still learn a thing or two from Ray.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

In Response to Re: If money-wise, the choice is Pietrus or Ray Allen, Who Do You Prefer? : Why not ... maybe given time to think about it or talk to others OJ changes his mind and the C's are able to replay the original trade if Ray likes the $ and the Grizz. T'Wolves already tried to dump Beasley @ the deadline and found no takers for his upcoming QO @ $8M ... Have the Wolves changed their minds?
    Posted by Mployee8

First thing that comes to mind is Allen is 15 yr. vet making 10 mil and Mayo is 3
    yr. player making 5.6 mil.  So Why would Memphis make this trade to start a new year?  You got about 5 mil to make up or are you throwing in a first round pick?
    Next, the TWolves are going to trade a 4 yr. player making 6.3 mil for the C's Pietrus 8 yr. vet making roughly 1.2 mil per yr.?  No reason for TWolves to make this trade to start a new year.  No way these trades happen unless DA is throwing in draft picks to get it done.  What you are purposing looks good on paper for C's , but not for other teams GM. If either of the teams you mentioned were in playoff race and at the trade deadline, then maybe something happens.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to If money-wise, the choice is Pietrus or Ray Allen, Who Do You Prefer?:
    I'd have to say Pietrus, believe it or not. Better defense and rebounding from the 2/3 that we can't slack on. More years ahead of him. His three has to be honored all though not feared. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5MWv1zkjes
    Posted by DaCeltics

Whomever provides the least opportunity to win is the best choice....

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kccorwin. Show kccorwin's posts

I think it all depends on how much and how many years each player wants. Pietrus would probably sign for less and be worth giving a longer term contract as he is younger. I could see Ray signing for 2 years but I doubt Ainge would give him any longer then that. Ray would want a no trade deal for sure. I hope we can get both to resign along with KG. Then sign a good free agent and get a couple of players we can develop in the draft or trade them for a young up and coming free agent. Then we will stay in the mix for the forseable future.

Sections
Shortcuts