If Not Rudy Gay then Zach Randolph

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Re: If Not Rudy Gay then Zach Randolph

I thought he would have been much better player then he is.  I like him but not for what thye may be looking for.  If this was old NBA  be great move 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

I will take Randolph banger dude -- Gay similar to Green - no thanks

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Not a defensive player at all.  Rebounds great and can score. It depends a lot on what we would have to give up.  Just as all your trades you bring,  it depends on what we have to give up to get them.  We can't give up good young talent like Sully or AB to get a older player.  

Lee Bass and maybe Green and  draft picks are what we should be looking to unload.  If anything.  We can't mess with the chemistry that we have just achieved.  Remember what happened to the chemistry when Perk was traded?

You have to be very careful with making trades.  We have a chance now to get our act together and get a few games above 500.  We can't just make a trade just to make one.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

16.5 million  we would have to give up alot by default

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to genaro008's comment:
    [QUOTE]

16.5 million  we would have to give up alot by default

[/QUOTE]

Would Memphis move him for Gasol? I don't see how it would help them very much. Randolph on the Lakers would help them.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to OneOnOne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not a defensive player at all.  Rebounds great and can score. It depends a lot on what we would have to give up.  Just as all your trades you bring,  it depends on what we have to give up to get them.  We can't give up good young talent like Sully or AB to get a older player.  

Lee Bass and maybe Green and  draft picks are what we should be looking to unload.  If anything.  We can't mess with the chemistry that we have just achieved.  Remember what happened to the chemistry when Perk was traded?

You have to be very careful with making trades.  We have a chance now to get our act together and get a few games above 500.  We can't just make a trade just to make one.

[/QUOTE]

This is very unlikely as the Celtics would have to give up a lot.

[/QUOTE]

Fierce,

Look it up. It was 1 year ago TODAY that you were arguinbg with me that Avery Bradley would never be an NBA player. You thought he couldnt shoot, he couldnt dribble and he couldnt crack the rotation under Doc.

Year went by fast, huh?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Look it up. It was 1 year ago TODAY that you were arguinbg with me that Avery Bradley would never be an NBA player

You mean...flip plopper? Fierce indeed!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Aren't Randolph and Sullinger similar players?  I'd rather the C's focus on a 5 than a 4 who is sort of redundant to what they already have. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Aren't Randolph and Sullinger similar players?  I'd rather the C's focus on a 5 than a 4 who is sort of redundant to what they already have. 

[/QUOTE]

No, Zbo is 6'10" and can jump, get his shot off against anyone in the league, step out to 15' and bury the jumper...and he can lead the league in rebounding. Sully is none of that.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No, Zbo is 6'10" and can jump, get his shot off against anyone in the league, step out to 15' and bury the jumper...and he can lead the league in rebounding. Sully is none of that.

[/QUOTE]

+1

Also, he tends to grind more come playoff time.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

uuu

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Zbo is a better player now. His Rookie stats are very similar to Sullinger though. Except Sullinger had a better rebounding rate, a higher shoting percentage and better defensive rating. 

All very close though. Zbo scored more points but he came into the league when the Grizz were a bad team and got a lot more shots than Sully. 

Sully is also ALOT cheaper being a rook. Not sure I see a reason to make this trade. 

one last thing. NBA.com espn and Basketball Reference all list Zbo at 6'9'' same height as sully.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Zbo is a better player now. His Rookie stats are very similar to Sullinger though. Except Sullinger had a better rebounding rate, a higher shoting percentage and better defensive rating. 

All very close though. Zbo scored more points but he came into the league when the Grizz were a bad team and got a lot more shots than Sully. 

Sully is also ALOT cheaper being a rook. Not sure I see a reason to make this trade. 

[/QUOTE]

it is argued by many that Sully has reached his ceiling already. Given his age and physical limitations, his upside is not ZBO in my opinion.

I am not advocating a trade for Zbo giving the age/$$$ issues, but Zbo is a top 15 player in the league...that is not, nor will it ever be Sully

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

it is argued by many that Sully has reached his ceiling already. Given his age and physical limitations, his upside is not ZBO in my opinion.

I am not advocating a trade for Zbo giving the age/$$$ issues, but Zbo is a top 15 player in the league...that is not, nor will it ever be Sully

[/QUOTE]

Like you said that is your opinion.  I happen to have a different one of him. I see him being a 17 pt 11 rebound guy in the future.  I would be interested who has argued he has reached his ceiling?  First I have heard of this.  Zbo is a good player.  Played on a bunch of teams.  He plays for a good team now.  Why would they want to part with him?  Unless they have no expectations this year. IMO they are a very good team.  Don't see them getting rid of Zbo anyway unless someone gives the farm. Highly doubtful.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I think Sullinger's upside is a double-double type of player who can rebound, play in the post, shoot from the outside and play system d (take charges, etc.).  He is a decade younger than Randolph.  He may never have the stats Randolph has had playing on some very marginal teams, but Sullinger is comparable in my mind and has considerable upside.  He hasn't peaked.  When he develops his body and learns OTJ in the NBA he will be an itegral part of this team.  He already is 34 games into his rookie season -- no easy task.  Maybe Randolph helps the C's win now, maybe he doesn't.  I personally don't see Memphis giving him up anyway.   

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Like you said that is your opinion.  I happen to have a different one of him. I see him being a 17 pt 11 rebound guy in the future.  I would be interested who has argued he has reached his ceiling?  First I have heard of this.  Zbo is a good player.  Played on a bunch of teams.  He plays for a good team now.  Why would they want to part with him?  Unless they have no expectations this year. IMO they are a very good team.  Don't see them getting rid of Zbo anyway unless someone gives the farm. Highly doubtful.

[/QUOTE]

every team that passed him by in the draft thought his upside was limited, he was pretty much going to be the player we now see. Of course he will show improvement with experience, and he can be a very solid NBA player. But top 15 in the league like Zbo, never happened.

The back issue with Sully was mularkey. He slid because teams thought better upside players were available. Not sayiong they were correct, but that is were the "ceiling" rumors were.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

every team that passed him by in the draft thought his upside was limited, he was pretty much going to be the player we now see. Of course he will show improvement with experience, and he can be a very solid NBA player. But top 15 in the league like Zbo, never happened.

The back issue with Sully was mularkey. He slid because teams thought better upside players were available. Not sayiong they were correct, but that is were the "ceiling" rumors were.  

[/QUOTE]

He slipped in the draft because of back issues from everything I read. How can you say that him reaching a top 15 player "never happened"  when he has even played a complete year yet.  There is no way anyone knows the type of player he will become.  I bet you one thing, if the draft happened again today,  Sully wouldn't be around for us to pick.  I bet he would be in the top 7 somewhere.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He slipped in the draft because of back issues from everything I read. How can you say that him reaching a top 15 player "never happened"  when he has even played a complete year yet.  There is no way anyone knows the type of player he will become.  I bet you one thing, if the draft happened again today,  Sully wouldn't be around for us to pick.  I bet he would be in the top 7 somewhere.

[/QUOTE]

I can say he will never be a top 15 player because I have seen him play. Havent you?

Smart player, good hands. Average to below average athletically. Poor defender. Can use his body to position himself for rebounds. Poor shooter. Better version than Brandon Bass, but not an all star.

CHeck out some scouting reports on Sully. I would assume the verdict hasnt changed from what I said

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

You probably gave up on Bradley as well didn't you?  As I said, 1/2 year you will not know any more than anyone else.  Poor shooter?  I don't have to look at a scouting report for that.

FYI yes I have seen him play. Have you?  Or did you just read a scouting report?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Scouting reports don't say Sullinger is a "poor shooter"  I just looked up a couple and the first two I looked at said "excellent touch" and "range out to the 3 point line".

They also all talk about his excellent low post game.  I am not saying Sully will be another Randolph but to say that scouting reports say he is a "poor shooter" is erroneous.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Randolph's game is in decline, he has knee problems, and will be 31 next year.

A BIG HUGE PASS. Better to do nothing unless we're giving up no more than Bass or Wilcox or Collins.