If Not Rudy Gay then Zach Randolph

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: If Not Rudy Gay then Zach Randolph

In response to OneOnOne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You probably gave up on Bradley as well didn't you?  As I said, 1/2 year you will not know any more than anyone else.  Poor shooter?  I don't have to look at a scouting report for that.

FYI yes I have seen him play. Have you?  Or did you just read a scouting report?

[/QUOTE]

I was the opposite on AB. I was argueing witrh every body at this exact time last year that his upside was Rusell Westbrook

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Randolph's game is in decline, he has knee problems, and will be 31 next year.

A BIG HUGE PASS. Better to do nothing unless we're giving up no more than Bass or Wilcox or Collins.

[/QUOTE]

I am not saying I would make the trade. Statistics arent everything, but among all PF Zbo is ranked #7, Sully is ranked #43 (behind Wilcox at #41). Zbo's game isnt that much in decline...still a beast.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to OneOnOne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You probably gave up on Bradley as well didn't you?  As I said, 1/2 year you will not know any more than anyone else.  Poor shooter?  I don't have to look at a scouting report for that.

FYI yes I have seen him play. Have you?  Or did you just read a scouting report?

[/QUOTE]

I was the opposite on AB. I was argueing witrh every body at this exact time last year that his upside was Rusell Westbrook

[/QUOTE]

I was way off on AB.  I was one of the ones that thought he didn't have what it took to be a good NBA player.    Hate to admit.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

A BIG HUGE PASS. Better to do nothing unless we're giving up no more than Bass or Wilcox or Collins.

[/QUOTE]

I am not saying I would make the trade. Statistics arent everything, but among all PF Zbo is ranked #7, Sully is ranked #43 (behind Wilcox at #41). Zbo's game isnt that much in decline...still a beast.  

[/QUOTE]

Rankings are decieving. He played for a terrible team.  If Sully played for a bottom dweller, he would play more minutes, have beter stats and would be ranked higher.

Gay is worth acquiring. not Randolph, whose best years are behind him. We are rebuilding.   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Rankings are decieving. He played for a terrible team.  If Sully played for a bottom dweller, he would play more minutes, have beter stats and would be ranked higher.

Gay is worth acquiring. not Randolph, whose best years are behind him. We are rebuilding.   

[/QUOTE]

last I checked Memphis was 22-10. Not really a horrible team or a bottom dweller. For what it is worth, the concept of PER is accounting for minutes played.

league average is 15.00. Sully is 13.35. Zbo is 20.16.

just saying, Rudy Gay is 14.94 (#21 for SF) and PP is 20.29 (#4 for SF) 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I have never been a big proponent of trading for Gay.  I like him as a player, but he is not what we need right now.  We have PP for the present and JG for the future..............our interests are best served getting a rebounder.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

last I checked Memphis was 22-10. Not really a horrible team or a bottom dweller. For what it is worth, the concept of PER is accounting for minutes played.

[/QUOTE]

Of course his PER is lower he is a rookie. Zbos rookie year his Per was just barely over 15. and that is because he was shooting alot more than Sullinger. PER gives advantages to points even if the points are scored ineefciently. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Also the number one Plyus/Minus man on the Celtics is Not Garnett, not Pierce, Not Rondo, but Jared Sulinger. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Of course his PER is lower he is a rookie. Zbos rookie year his Per was just barely over 15. and that is because he was shooting alot more than Sullinger. PER gives advantages to points even if the points are scored ineefciently. 

[/QUOTE]

Zbo's rookie year his per was 19.36. His points per 40 minutes was 20.0 and his rebounds per 40 minutes was 10.5. His true shooting percentage was 55.5.

Sullys rookie year per is 13.35. His points per 40 is 12.1 and his rebounds per 40 is 12.1.His true shooting percentage is 52.7.

Look, I am not putting Sully down. I think he will be a nice player for the C's. He might be a double/double machine at some point. But he is not in the class of Zbo, nor do I think he ever will be. You disagree, which is fine. I only wish you wopuld say why you diagree, other than saying you disagree.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to jtkl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Zbo's rookie year his per was 19.36. His points per 40 minutes was 20.0 and his rebounds per 40 minutes was 10.5. His true shooting percentage was 55.5.

Sullys rookie year per is 13.35. His points per 40 is 12.1 and his rebounds per 40 is 12.1.His true shooting percentage is 52.7.

Look, I am not putting Sully down. I think he will be a nice player for the C's. He might be a double/double machine at some point. But he is not in the class of Zbo, nor do I think he ever will be. You disagree, which is fine. I only wish you wopuld say why you diagree, other than saying you disagree.

[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry but you are incorrect. Zbo PER was 16.9 his rookie year.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/r/randoza01.html

He scored a lot more, but he shot alot more too. That will drive up your PEr which is a flawed stat. Sulinger shoots a higher percentage, has a better rebounding rate and a higher defensive ranking Than ZBO did his rookie year). 

I get you are not knocking Sully and I get your point that Zbo is a better player. Right now he is. But he is 31. Sully is 21 and I think (where we disagree) capable of having a Zbo like career.

11. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts