If OKC does not go all the way...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

If OKC does not go all the way...

A lot of folks will have some explaining to do.  Now hear me out....I promise this is my last point to make.  I have nothing but love for Perk, but Im getting sick of hearing all these people say that banner # 18 left with Perkins and we are done without him.

So we all know that OKC gave L.A. a scare last year by going 6 games and winning 2 of them, I believe.  It was a well played series and everyone took notice and said they will be very good soon.  Later in the playoffs, we all know what happened.  C's didnt close out the lakers and had to go back to L.A. for game 7 without Perk who was injured game 6.  We lost the game, IMO due to lack of size, no rebounding, and a tired out veteran core that go no rest in game 7.

Now fast forward to this year...3 months ago.  drum roll please....the MOST SHOCKING EVENT IN HISTORY OCCURRED.  the celtics traded Perkins. 

Now I am not gonna get into why/ how it has affected us, etc....BUT, I will say this....if OKC was that close to beating L.A. last year, and now have the immortal Kendrick Perkins, He who has been to many of all-star games (as a spectator) cheering the big 3, and been defensive player of the year (for the celtics) 
    How can OKC possibly lose this time if they meet again?

OKC has the same core with more experience...Ibaka playing great and the all world center to hold down the middle, so surely it is a lock, right?

I just wanna know what they are gonna say if OKC loses. I guess it will mean that Perkins is not the only determining factor in winning a championship...I still want them to be in the Finals...and I want us there too to spoil their plans...

I dont want people to think I am taking shots at Perk, even tho' it seems that way,,,,but I am really just showing my support for the team that still plays here and saying, yeah, we lost a peice..but there are other keys to winning and you can win with other guys....We still have the best starting 5 with JON, IMO....we still have the best coach in terms of playcalling and exectution from the players.  We still in this thing...

Perk, I wish you luck up until if/when we meet in the playoffs.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: If OKC does not go all the way...

You gotta let this go. 

For Celts fans, the trade is not a about OKC but about our team. If we don't make it to at least the finals, which is as far as we made it last year, the trade was a failure. This is the same reasoning you are using in your post. You are focusing on the addition, but since I'm a Celts fan, I'm focused on the subtraction. Make sense? 

Also, keep in mind OKC did not even make it out of one round last year. So if they were to even make it to the conference finals, that would be significant progress for them this year. Even the second round would be an improvement, and that's where they are headed. We don't know how well the Thunder will do, but what we do know is that they are playing great right now and Perk is fitting in very well with them. 

Why are you so obsessed with this point? Just wait a couple months and we'll have a much clearer idea of the impact of this trade. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsucks69. Show bostonsucks69's posts

There are a few nba analysts that believe OKC will make it the finals and at least one I know of predicts OKC to win it all this year. If OKC makes it to the finals but loses in the finals this year it will be because lack of finals experience not because of Perkins. Especially if it's against the more experienced Celtics team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Im not really obsessed with it.  I guess , like I said im tired of hearing about Perk...Had to hear it from a miami fan today that the trade was bad.  I am saying lets wait and see, but for everyone to assume we are done without Perk, I figured why cant he bring OKC to the Finals if he was imperative to our success like some say.  I have not really judged the trade yet, as we are still here playing, and I will take some heat if we dont go the finals, so why not hold the Perk apologists to the same standard.  I hear what u are saying about just getting out the 1st round, but I think they have much bigger expectations, in fact I believe they can win now. I guess I just have faith that our team still has a chance, with or without him.  If people want to go there about game 7 and the finals,,.my answer is this.  Game 7 was the most dominant we looked all series up until the 4th quarter where we couldnt score or get any help from the refs  It was the most dominant and suffocating defense we played..and if notfor second chance points, we go up by 25 in the 2nd quarter...so how was Perk the key when we played great in game 7 without him?  He also was getting punked on the glass before he got hurt by Bynum.  We needed to score in the last 4 minutes...were we supposed to dump it down to Perk to close the game? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsucks69. Show bostonsucks69's posts

It would be pretty crazy if the Thunder play the Celtics in the finals this year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to If OKC does not go all the way...:
    [QUOTE]A lot of folks will have some explaining to do.  Now hear me out....I promise this is my last point to make.  I have nothing but love for Perk, but Im getting sick of hearing all these people say that banner # 18 left with Perkins and we are done without him. So we all know that OKC gave L.A. a scare last year by going 6 games and winning 2 of them, I believe.  It was a well played series and everyone took notice and said they will be very good soon.  Later in the playoffs, we all know what happened.  C's didnt close out the lakers and had to go back to L.A. for game 7 without Perk who was injured game 6.  We lost the game, IMO due to lack of size, no rebounding, and a tired out veteran core that go no rest in game 7. Now fast forward to this year...3 months ago.  drum roll please....the MOST SHOCKING EVENT IN HISTORY OCCURRED.  the celtics traded Perkins.  Now I am not gonna get into why/ how it has affected us, etc....BUT, I will say this....if OKC was that close to beating L.A. last year, and now have the immortal Kendrick Perkins, He who has been to many of all-star games (as a spectator) cheering the big 3, and been defensive player of the year (for the celtics)  How can OKC possibly lose this time if they meet again? OKC has the same core with more experience...Ibaka playing great and the all world center to hold down the middle, so surely it is a lock, right? I just wanna know what they are gonna say if OKC loses. I guess it will mean that Perkins is not the only determining factor in winning a championship...I still want them to be in the Finals...and I want us there too to spoil their plans... I dont want people to think I am taking shots at Perk, even tho' it seems that way,,,,but I am really just showing my support for the team that still plays here and saying, yeah, we lost a peice..but there are other keys to winning and you can win with other guys....We still have the best starting 5 with JON, IMO....we still have the best coach in terms of playcalling and exectution from the players.  We still in this thing... Perk, I wish you luck up until if/when we meet in the playoffs.
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

We have replaced Tony Allen and Perk from lst years finals team w/ Green and JON and I'd call it a wash.

DA had to make up for losing Posey and Tony from  our 2 finals teams.

JON since he began to shake off the rest has been EXACTLY the player Perk was. A few more blocks, a few less boards and better hands/shooter.

We have not yet replaced the all important PJ/Sheed role. Krstic is not up for it and shaq is not healthy. So until we do we won't win a banner.

But OKC would be just as good w/ JO over Perk right now. Lucky for them they had a wing defender in Thabo so they didn't need a Posey/TA type like we badly did... and we had the O'Neal bro's and so didn't need Perk as bad as they did.

Shaq wa shurt worse than we thought but Jermaine has been such an unexpected savior that it'll all work out if the big fella can return in time to give us 12-16 mins when we really need them. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsucks69. Show bostonsucks69's posts

JO is playing better then expected coming off knee surgery. The only negative is he is injury prone. With 2 or more physical playoff series coming up (Miami, Chicago, etc it will be a big test for him to remain healthy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

We will see.

I would not be surprized to see the either the Lakers against the Thunder or the Grizzlies in the west.

Besides, the acid test is not whether Perk's team wins, but whether the Celtics can win the title with out him.

So far so good, but it will be the Laker's big front line against the Celtics big front line that will tell the tale.

Parts are parts, and teams are teams. Lets hope the new team has what it takes.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]A lot of folks will have some explaining to do.  Now hear me out....I promise this is my last point to make.  I have nothing but love for Perk, but Im getting sick of hearing all these people say that banner # 18 left with Perkins and we are done without him. So we all know that OKC gave L.A. a scare last year by going 6 games and winning 2 of them, I believe.  It was a well played series and everyone took notice and said they will be very good soon.  Later in the playoffs, we all know what happened.  C's didnt close out the lakers and had to go back to L.A. for game 7 without Perk who was injured game 6.  We lost the game, IMO due to lack of size, no rebounding, and a tired out veteran core that go no rest in game 7. Now fast forward to this year...3 months ago.  drum roll please....the MOST SHOCKING EVENT IN HISTORY OCCURRED.  the celtics traded Perkins.  Now I am not gonna get into why/ how it has affected us, etc....BUT, I will say this....if OKC was that close to beating L.A. last year, and now have the immortal Kendrick Perkins, He who has been to many of all-star games (as a spectator) cheering the big 3, and been defensive player of the year (for the celtics)  How can OKC possibly lose this time if they meet again? OKC has the same core with more experience...Ibaka playing great and the all world center to hold down the middle, so surely it is a lock, right? I just wanna know what they are gonna say if OKC loses. I guess it will mean that Perkins is not the only determining factor in winning a championship...I still want them to be in the Finals...and I want us there too to spoil their plans... I dont want people to think I am taking shots at Perk, even tho' it seems that way,,,,but I am really just showing my support for the team that still plays here and saying, yeah, we lost a peice..but there are other keys to winning and you can win with other guys....We still have the best starting 5 with JON, IMO....we still have the best coach in terms of playcalling and exectution from the players.  We still in this thing... Perk, I wish you luck up until if/when we meet in the playoffs.

Perk could not deal with Bynum at about 30% in that series, in game 1 Bynum had 21 points, 14 boards, and 7 blocks.....then of course his injury got worse and worse so Perk didn't really do anything to combat their size, etc.

I love how people wax poetic about the Lakers length and rebounding, etc. but after the finals Doc said Rondo not being able to shoot really hurt us in the playoffs.

Length and poor rebounding sounds like a good excuse and one that Bostonians would love to perpetuate, well not just love to perpetuate but are looking to add to the bible.

For the most part the Lakers strategy was to ignore Rondo and sag into the paint and then periodically in certain situations put Kobe on Rondo.

Innumerable uncontested jumpers not taken or taken and clanged resulted in the Lakers winning back to back but of course it is because of the refs and Perk's injury.

If OKC loses it will be because they have no playoff experience and playoff offense 4 against 5 - just like the Celtics did when Perk was here.

Memphis picking off the Spurs and Kobe on crutches paves the way for OKC to get to the finals but we will see.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

As usual Dudder, you like to ignor the facts to make your point.

As I recall the Celtics came within six minute of banner number 18 even though Perk was out, and KG was playing on one leg. It was the rebounding, more than anything, that allowed the Lakers to come from behind and win.

By the way how is Rose doing? It would be a shame if your team had that excuse when they meet the Celtics.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: If OKC does not go all the way...:
    [QUOTE]As usual Dudder, you like to ignor the facts to make your point. As I recall the Celtics came within six minute of banner number 18 even though Perk was out, and KG was playing on one leg. It was the rebounding, more than anything, that allowed the Lakers to come from behind and win. By the way how is Rose doing? It would be a shame if your team had that excuse when they meet the Celtics.
    Posted by MinnesotaCelticsFan[/QUOTE]

Exactly... that is why Bynum was playing at about 30% and Perk was completely unable to deal with what was going on before he got hurt and then after the playoffs Doc said Rondo's inability to shoot really hurt us in the playoffs........ those are FACTS......  come on in from fantasy island......

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to If OKC does not go all the way... : Perk could not deal with Bynum at about 30% in that series, in game 1 Bynum had 21 points, 14 boards, and 7 blocks.....then of course his injury got worse and worse so Perk didn't really do anything to combat their size, etc. I love how people wax poetic about the Lakers length and rebounding, etc. but after the finals Doc said Rondo not being able to shoot really hurt us in the playoffs. Length and poor rebounding sounds like a good excuse and one that Bostonians would love to perpetuate, well not just love to perpetuate but are looking to add to the bible. For the most part the Lakers strategy was to ignore Rondo and sag into the paint and then periodically in certain situations put Kobe on Rondo. Innumerable uncontested jumpers not taken or taken and clanged resulted in the Lakers winning back to back but of course it is because of the refs and Perk's injury. If OKC loses it will be because they have no playoff experience and playoff offense 4 against 5 - just like the Celtics did when Perk was here. Memphis picking off the Spurs and Kobe on crutches paves the way for OKC to get to the finals but we will see.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

I'm going to keep calling you out every time you post that incorrect statistic. it was 21 points and 7 blocks, but it was only 6 rebounds, and it was in game 2, not game 1, and the celtics won, so he can't have played as well as you think.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DBCoach. Show DBCoach's posts

Perk had his role.. Teams that have Players that fill a role and fill it well win Campionships 

Teams with a few great players but poor role players don't win Championships

Look at the past teams in any sport that won they had great Role players

The 08 Celts had Posey Powe and House who all had major roles and filled them well.   Right now JON is filling Perks role very well.  kristic could not fill it and if we did not have JON in teh middle we would be on to game 5  don't look at his stats..  actually they are similar to what Perks would be. We needed Perk for toughness on D in the middle that was his role not scoring.  Now we have some of that back with JON

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Dudder.....I posted Bynums stats a few days ago....got no responce.....Bynum was far from dominant....if you want me to, I can find the post...he did have 7 blocks in one game....one in another....and none in the other five....his scoring and rebounding stats were average at best...he was not dominant brother.....take a look at the stat lines if you don't believe me buddy....just saying....

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Yeh Dud,

The Celtics were so out matched. Maybe that is why it took a game seven right?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from markes8336. Show markes8336's posts

Perk's absence in last year's game 7 was A factor, but not THE determining factor. And that was LAST YEAR!
    THIS YEAR, Perk was never a factor, was never going to BE a major factor, and was not going to re-sign. He has not been a major factor for OKC, especially in the playoffs - Decent @ 6 rpg, but an equal number of fouls as points? Come on people...I know he showed a lot of heart here, but performance is still the bottom line.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]We will see. I would not be surprized to see the either the Lakers against the Thunder or the Grizzlies in the west. Besides, the acid test is not whether Perk's team wins, but whether the Celtics can win the title with out him. So far so good, but it will be the Laker's big front line against the Celtics big front line that will tell the tale. Parts are parts, and teams are teams. Lets hope the new team has what it takes.
    Posted by MinnesotaCelticsFan[/QUOTE]

The Grizzlies won by 18 points tonight.  They are a very good team and could end up in the Western Conference Finals.  I am surprised by how good they are. I also believe that Oklahoma City will win tonight.  Then they teams will  play each other in the next round.  I suppose the Spurs can comeback and win this series, but it is highly unlikely.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Your right,

It is close to shocking. A number 8 seed against a number 1 seed. I doubt that it has happened before.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I think the moderator should implement a special rule to bar you from posting on here ever again due to extreme ignorance.  This may be the most pathetic post I have ever read.   Its just...stupid.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Leave it to P34.

Thanks.

I guess Dallas was the logical choice.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Dallas been choking for years....if any year they could do it, it would be now...with Spurs and possible L.A. bowing out early....but I still like OKC and Memphis as two teams nobody wants to deal with....they could meet up, but still unlikely.

The Grizz have a team with a low post stopper in Gasol.  A low post assasin in Randolph.  A wing defender in Allen, a decent pg who can shoot and a nobody at the 3, but they are winning.  Their bench is a problem for teams with O.J. Mayo.

OKC may have a battle on their hands with the nuggets pulling one out...but I still like them to win.  The real key is if Dallas can do anything...every year they dissapoint.  We shall see....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

OKC and Memphis are both scarry teams.

I don't know if I could ever choose Dallas to win. Nowinski has always played  great in the regular season, and has always faded under the pressure of the play-offs.

Sections
Shortcuts