If Pierce is next, KG will follow

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Re: If Pierce is next, KG will follow

Wow, I can't believe that we actually agree on any topic.  The world is turned upside down.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

If the Celts trade or waive Pierce, KG might be willing to go to other teams or he'll just simply retire.

No Doc, no Pierce, so what's the point in KG staying with the Celts for 1 more year.

Green takes Pierce's place, and Rivers is an average coach at best.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

KG cannot retire when he has so much more basketball in him. This is his craft and if he can contribute he can play. They'll get the LAC deal done so he can play with Doc. If not, I don't see him retiring over opening up trade possibilities for Danny.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

KG is probably the most loyal guy in the NBA. I believe that his loyalties are Celtics, Doc, and then Pierce. If he can't play with Doc, then he may rejoin the Celtics with Pierce, if not, he will probably retire.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

KG cannot retire when he has so much more basketball in him. This is his craft and if he can contribute he can play. They'll get the LAC deal done so he can play with Doc. If not, I don't see him retiring over opening up trade possibilities for Danny.

Agreed, KG won't retire. The C's will either challenge Stern's ability to limit the C's ability to get the best deal for KG or they will find another taker that KG is agreeable to ... I'd say Houston for Asik (who's got a poison pill like Lin in 2014-15') which could hamper Houston's ability to go after Howard or Bynum with Harken at $15MM too. KG (if he'd play for McHale) could help that situation out (money-wise) and go back to PF if they succeed in getting Howard at center. The C's would get a center that they already had interest in and they can afford to pay the $15MM poison pill with Doc, KG and Pierce gone or going.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Worst case scenario is KG staying with the Celts for 1 more year.

i think this might happen even if pierce is traded....and i think pierce will be.