If Pippen Can Do It Then So Can Sully!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

If Pippen Can Do It Then So Can Sully!!

If Pippen can make a full recovery from a similar type of surgery, then so can Sully!

Following his rookie season, Pippen had back surgery to repair a herniated disk and missed part of the 1988-89 season. When he returned to the team, he demonstrated a versatile style of play and quickly became a starter. He finished the year with a 14.4 points-per-game average, nearly double the total of his rookie season. The season ended on a sour note for Pippen and the Chicago Bulls when they lost to the Detroit Pistons during the conference playoffs. Pippen suffered a concussion during the series which limited his effectiveness.

All is not Lost Cs Fans!! Get well soon Sully!!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Re: If Pippen Can Do It Then So Can Sully!!

In response to Dr_Hollywood's comment:

Pippen was in shape not a lardass, don't forget that...

5 games below 500. Enjoy wathcing the Cletics win the playoffs. I can't wait for dwight to end up in Dallas. I want to see him punish Kobe every year. ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

You are a real piece of Mitch!!

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to jtkl's comment:

5 games below 500. Enjoy wathcing the Cletics win the playoffs. I can't wait for dwight to end up in Dallas. I want to see him punish Kobe every year. ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!

6 games below .500.

Thanks JIMMMMMMMYYYYYYYYY

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Good news for the Cs!!

The Celtics said on their web site that Sullinger had successful lumbar disc surgery Friday at New England Baptist Hospital. They also said they expect him to be ready to return at next season's training camp

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Thanks goodness the Cs did not use the guy who performed DH's back surgery!! What was his name?

Dr. Krapper!!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to 34wheelchair's comment:

In response to BCSP's comment:

Good news for the Cs!!

The Celtics said on their web site that Sullinger had successful lumbar disc surgery Friday at New England Baptist Hospital. They also said they expect him to be ready to return at next season's training camp

THE CELTICS AND THEIR MEDICAL STAFF HAVE ZERO CREDIBILITY!!!!!

ALL THEY DO IS LIE, LIE, LIE!!!!!!

AND, Dr. Krapper told the Lakers DH would be good to go by the start of the season!! 

Thanks Mitchhhhhh!! AND Dr. Krapperrrr!!!!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Whendex. Show Whendex's posts

Me personally have had that surgery.. Im did lift weights and play basketball before the surgery. No possible way after. But im no professional athlete these guys can come back from it.

I believe this guy will put in the work and recover.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I'm pretty sure the science and technology is better in the 24 years since Pip had his surgery as well.

Sully will be better than ever, and hopefully motivated even more by not only a a minor health scare but that it proved all the teams who passed on him right b/c he did need the surgery.

Now if he drops 20 lbs of fat, adds 10 of muscle, strengthens his core and all the muscles in his back with a disc issue solved (one that likely contributed to how his body developed and looked these past few years) he could be better than ever, have a few inches more vert... all good stuff.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

I'm pretty sure the science and technology is better in the 24 years since Pip had his surgery as well.

Sully will be better than ever, and hopefully motivated even more by not only a a minor health scare but that it proved all the teams who passed on him right b/c he did need the surgery.

Now if he drops 20 lbs of fat, adds 10 of muscle, strengthens his core and all the muscles in his back with a disc issue solved (one that likely contributed to how his body developed and looked these past few years) he could be better than ever, have a few inches more vert... all good stuff.

Good point about weight loss! Now that his back has been surgically repaired, he will need to drop some weight and get in better shape! 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

From experience with this myself,  I would say the biggest thing he will need to do is lose some of the weight he was carrying.  You are correct,  they are continuing to get better at this each year in back repair.  Being young is also a big positive.  One downer though is EVERYONE reacts differently to this type surgery.  All you have to do is google it if you don't believe me.   I think he will come back better than before though and we have a walking double double machine.  How many of those are in the NBA these days?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

From experience with this myself,  I would say the biggest thing he will need to do is lose some of the weight he was carrying.  You are correct,  they are continuing to get better at this each year in back repair.  Being young is also a big positive.  One downer though is EVERYONE reacts differently to this type surgery.  All you have to do is google it if you don't believe me.   I think he will come back better than before though and we have a walking double double machine.  How many of those are in the NBA these days?

A great point about age! The body heals quicker and is more forgiving of injuries at a younger age! 

I can't wait to see Sully back on the court next season! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

There are different types of disc surgery, some open and some done laproscopically with minimal invasion.  We don't know the extent of the original damage to the disc or what was done to repair it.  No matter, disc surgery is not necessarily the worst scenario - it can remove the problem completely and the athlete can return to full activity.  Much of the prognosis can be based on whqat happens post-surgically - PT and that's where pro athletes get the best care.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

Agree about the medical field getting better and better on all prceedures.  Some things are abosolutely remarkable that they can do now, that were not possible 20 years ago.  My father (72) just had double hip replacement surgery last week and was up and walking the next day.  Double hip replacement up until a couple years ago was unheard of, let alone walking within 24 hours.  One week later he is going for walks in the morning without walker or cain.  Medical science has come so far and will improve way beyond our wildest dreams.

Sections
Shortcuts