If Possible, Would you like to see Wade as a Celtic???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

If Possible, Would you like to see Wade as a Celtic???

I do not have the link but I recalled either in a conversation on ESPN or an article that this is the 3rd year with Miami's BIG 3, LeBron, Wade & Bosh. We won a title with our BIG 3 and came within minutes & overcoming an egregious difference in gift foul shots(41 to 17) vs the Lakers in Game 7 of winning another. The comment was that LeBron & Wade just don't really complement eachother & the team might play better with Wade gone and if they don't win a title this year, Wade could be traded.  There are times when I find Wade as close to Kobe, especially when younger, in Avatar athletic shots. So, definitely, not a Michael Jordan, but in the class category of a Rose and Westbrook for sure.

The problem is I really like the guard combo of Rondo and A. Bradley going forward & they could turn out to be one of the best back court duos in the game. Wade, of course is a guard but can he play Small Forward when those two are playing and revert to guard when Rondo or Bradley is out.

Comments ???

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Renato Rodrigues. Show Renato Rodrigues's posts

Re: If Possible, Would you like to see Wade as a Celtic???

No

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

It's only the second year, and if anyone goes, it will be Bosh!  NO to Wade!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Wade will be with the Heat long after Lebron is gone.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

No to a guy who' incredibly athletic and competitive but can't shoot and has only learned to play hero ball. Love to watch Wade but not on me team where I value team ball. He's the Miami icon and will NOT be traded.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from KillaCam2010. Show KillaCam2010's posts

Yes, he is a future hall of famer. Saying that he can only play hero basketball is something that I don't agree with. If he had a good coach that could actually draw up plays I think that he would be just as good at playing team ball. He plays hard defense, there really isn't much not to like about his game. I think he would be a great celtic under doc, that being said out of the three in miami he will be the last to leave, and will most likely retire there.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

I don't like dirty players, so no.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

In Response to Re: If Possible, Would you like to see Wade as a Celtic???:
    [QUOTE]I don't like dirty players, so no.
    Posted by celticsfanmx[/QUOTE]

agreed. he's an extremely dirty player in my opinion. dwight howard has some of that in him as well. would not be interested in wade in boston.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

agreed. Frankly, I'd rather have Lebron, as he's not a dirty players although he lacks "heart" sometimes. Wade is sometimes a disgusting player and I don't like that for my team.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Forget D Wade.

The most interesting news is Ainge targeting Mehmet Okur and how great he'd be with the Celtics....Imagine KG back next year with Okur next to him ?

I think Okur would break the recent streak of big man busts in Boston.

PJ Brown (was terrible, a complete non-factor until the Cleveland playoff)
    Shaq
    Nened Kristic
    Rasheed Wallace
    Jermaine O'Neal

Okur , OJ Mayo coming in to take the Ray Allen spot (along with Avery B.) , Jeff Green back to play 30 minutes in place of the always injured Pietrius, JuJuan Johnson taking over Brandon Bass's minutes,...PLUS an IMPACT BIG MAN ROOKIE
    in the draft.......these are the things I'm excited about - not fantasizing about D Wade in a Celtic uniform (never happen in a million years)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

In a bleeping heartbeat. Who cares if he's a little dirty. We loved ML Carr right? One of the dirtiest in NBA history.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In Response to If Possible, Would you like to see Wade as a Celtic???:
    [QUOTE]I do not have the link but I recalled either in a conversation on ESPN or an article that this is the 3rd year with Miami's BIG 3, LeBron, Wade & Bosh. We won a title with our BIG 3 and came within minutes & overcoming an egregious difference in gift foul shots(41 to 17) vs the Lakers in Game 7 of winning another. The comment was that LeBron & Wade just don't really complement eachother & the team might play better with Wade gone and if they don't win a title this year, Wade could be traded.  There are times when I find Wade as close to Kobe, especially when younger, in Avatar athletic shots. So, definitely, not a Michael Jordan, but in the class category of a Rose and Westbrook for sure. The problem is I really like the guard combo of Rondo and A. Bradley going forward & they could turn out to be one of the best back court duos in the game. Wade, of course is a guard but can he play Small Forward when those two are playing and revert to guard when Rondo or Bradley is out. Comments ???
    Posted by mandobello[/QUOTE]

fOR HEAVENS SAKE,NO,NO AND NO

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Wade will be with the Heat long after Lebron is gone.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Agree with you.  If anyone leaves Miami it would be LeBron, not Wade.  I don't know what they will do if they don't win the championship soon, but I don't expect that many changes would happen this year 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Yes, he is a future hall of famer. Saying that he can only play hero basketball is something that I don't agree with. If he had a good coach that could actually draw up plays I think that he would be just as good at playing team ball. He plays hard defense, there really isn't much not to like about his game. I think he would be a great celtic under doc, that being said out of the three in miami he will be the last to leave, and will most likely retire there.
    Posted by KillaCam2010[/QUOTE]

As I said, he's very athletic and a GREAT defensive player.  Great on fast breaks and does a lot of dirty work around the basket.  The guy is a fantastic player.  

However, what do Kobe, MJ, Dirk, Magic, KG, Pierce, Ewing, etc all have in common?   As they got older, they learned they can always jump over and trough and around people - so they developed a little fall away/step back jumper that ws deadly.  Even Lebron is getting MUCH better at his jumper.  I think Wade gets hurt a lot and has not learned he can't be the athletic hero all the time. He hasn't learned to have a deadly jumper like those guys I listed above.   

I admire the guy tremendously, but I don't see him playing Deltic type basketball and its difficult for a coach (even Doc) to change a guy after all these years of learning to do one on one.   I freely admit that I could be wrong, but that's my opinion.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Gawd awful typing on my part - I meant they "Can't" jump over people and obviously, I meant "Celtic" not Deltic.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

[QUOTE]Gawd awful typing on my part - I meant they "Can't" jump over people and obviously, I meant "Celtic" not Deltic.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]
    why not just go back and edit flawed post?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Never. He is one, if not the dirtiest player in the league. I can't stand to see what he gets away with (and how many say he is not dirty) because he is Wade. I would never want to see him in green. Winning is not everything. No.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

We got Bradley...enough said

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

He's one of the few proven winners in the league, absolutely took over the final they won over the Mavs, because the team was set up right. The reason they won't win is the combo of him and LeBron. You pair Wade with a star center (not Bosh, I'm talking a real bruising center like Howard) and all you need is role players. Give him a solid rebounding PF like Humphries, a pg to set it up...most of them, and a swingman who can spread the floor with an outside shot at SF, and you have a very competitive team. Even the current Heat would be much better if LeBron could play Pippen, but he doesn't have that mentality.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I feel like wade's prone to injury.  I'm surprised he made it through the last two seasons as healthy as he has.  It probably helps that he defers to lebron a lot.  Put him back in a position to have to carry a team and I think he would break down.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: If Possible, Would you like to see Wade as a Celtic???": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Possible, Would you like to see Wade as a Celtic??? : why not just go back and edit flawed post? Posted by BaileyPowe[/QUOTE] Smile.....didn't see the typos until after the post went in. Sometimes, just moving too fast.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: If Possible, Would you like to see Wade as a Celtic???": Smile.....didn't see the typos until after the post went in. Sometimes, just moving too fast.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]
    not to quibble, Celtsfan4life, i'm just saying the Edit post button solves that.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: If Possible, Would you like to see Wade as a Celtic???": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Possible, Would you like to see Wade as a Celtic??? : not to quibble, Celtsfan4life, i'm just saying the Edit post button solves that. Posted by BaileyPowe[/QUOTE] Really? Learned something new because I never noticed that button. Thanks!

Sections
Shortcuts