iF Rondo is good....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

iF Rondo is good....

How come he did not try for FIBA world cup?

NOT GOOD ENOUGH?

Is Rondo better than: Stephen Curry ? DeMar DeRozan? James Harden? Gordon Hayward? Kyrie Irving? Damian Lillard ? Derrick Rose? Klay Thompson?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Re: iF Rondo is good....

I think Mike Krzyzewski does not like him based on one of the past USA team tryouts.  Also I think you need to be invited, and Rondo probably was not, which probably stems from what happened before in one of the tryouts years ago.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Rondo is in the league with LeBron, Kobe, Dwight, Durant, ........  He does not need to prove that he belongs in the FIBA world cup.  Now if they could come up with a greater challenge, he might get interested.

Rondo!!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

In response to prakash's comment:

Rondo is in the league with LeBron, Kobe, Dwight, Durant, ........  He does not need to prove that he belongs in the FIBA world cup.  Now if they could come up with a greater challenge, he might get interested.

Rondo!!!!!

But Rondo did not make past USA or Olympic teams with those players, maybe he is too good for them too instead of being in the same league?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to scubber's comment:

Rondo!!!!!

But Rondo did not make past USA or Olympic teams with those players, maybe he is too good for them too instead of being in the same league?

You know how I feel about this issue...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

And for all my young friends in the Rondo Youth Brigade, let me say it for you!

"Mommy, mommy, the big bad old man doesn't like the player I like, make him stoooooooop!"

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Its pretty simple.  Rondo wasn't selected because he's not as good as the PGs who were invited, including Wall who was the last cut.  Rondo may have been invited if they wanted the 9th-11th best PG in the NBA.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Rondo!!!!!

Nah, he just withdrew from the team. Not challenging enough. What is the point in playing with such a stacked deck.

Rondo!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I thought for sure Coach K would extend Rondo an invite this time around. If not as a player, then in the spirit of Bobby Boucher of Waterboy fame. He'd still be part of the team and would provide the players with much needed high quality H2O.

and why not.. They're both from the south, socially inept with anger issues and share similarities in speech & mannerisms. Bobby Boucher came out a winner for the experience, why not our roller skating pal??

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Rondo has already said he wont be competing in FIBA or Olympic festivities anymore bc he needs and enjoys his offseasons and wants to spend some of his time doing something OTHER than basketball, which is understandable. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

It is either Rondo too good or too busy and rather not waste his precious time with representing the USA or he couldn't make it last time and now because he tried and resigned after the writings were on the wall after he pretty much riding the pine through many exhibition games.  Which is more accurate of a picture?  Last time it was between him and Rose, Westbrook, Billups, and Curry.   Anyone thinks he should have have been on the team instead of any of those players?

You have to be able to shoot from the outside in International styles and rules with zone defense.  It is not hard to see why Rondo did not catch on.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

It is either Rondo too good or too busy and rather not waste his precious time with representing the USA or he couldn't make it last time and now because he tried and resigned after the writings were on the wall after he pretty much riding the pine through many exhibition games.  Which is more accurate of a picture?  Last time it was between him and Rose, Westbrook, Billups, and Curry.   Anyone thinks he should have have been on the team instead of any of those players?

You have to be able to shoot from the outside in International styles and rules with zone defense.  It is not hard to see why Rondo did not catch on.

What is wrong with experimenting with something beyond basketball?  Cooking, flying, building a batmobile, finding an antidote for green kryptonite?  He is special enough to attempt all that.  No other NBA player can.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

In response to CHEisCHE's comment:

Is Rondo better than: Stephen Curry ? DeMar DeRozan? James Harden? Gordon Hayward? Kyrie Irving? Damian Lillard ? Derrick Rose? Klay Thompson?

No.

...the King of the Rumba Beat...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

What is wrong with experimenting with something beyond basketball?  Cooking, flying, building a batmobile, finding an antidote for green kryptonite?  He is special enough to attempt all that.  No other NBA player can.

Nothing wrong with that.  I don't know myself.  I am just wondering what is the reality and who knows for sure what it is besides Rondo himself?  Whether his not wanting to play FIBA is a simple self-serving PR or is it just a realization or a feeling that he won't make coach K team?

There is no question that he was on a bubble last time when he quit the team.  A similar question can be asked in that situation.  Did he quit because he wanted to do something else or was he about to be cut?  And he had a DNP in the previous exhibition game before he quit.  If it was me, I might have done the same thing if I knew I was about to be cut, and I would definitely be reluctant to go back and try again after the somewhat humbling experience.  Or maybe he just likes to stay home and work out, lifting weights, or be a super-hero, etc...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

In response to JamezHill24's comment:

Rondo has already said he wont be competing in FIBA or Olympic festivities anymore bc he needs and enjoys his offseasons and wants to spend some of his time doing something OTHER than basketball, which is understandable. 

He should also be working on his free throws and outside shot in the offseason.  Priorities.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Most of the people you are comparing Rondo to are number one picks or top five draft picks. 

I challenge you to produce a single player in the league who is better than Rondo who was drafted past #20 in the league, except for Tony Parker, Ginobli, and Marc Gasol. 

(And Parker and Ginobli wouldn't have lasted as long anymore, they only lasted that long because the Spurs were watching the international game more closely than anyone else). 

Rondo has way overachieved from where he was drafted and on a very reasonable contract. 

The rest is just junk you and other Rondo haters are making up. No one ever claimed he was Derrick Rose, nor was he drafted number one like Derrick Rose - who by the way can't stay on the field. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shamrock1000. Show shamrock1000's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:

Rondo!!!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

"Mommy, mommy, the big bad old man doesn't like the player I like, make him stoooooooop!"

Smells - I'm seriously worried about you bud, you seem to be unraveling. You gotta learn to keep things in perspective. Like the "Rondo Youth Brigade" - it’s just a bogeyman... I know it can be scary, but you gotta keep telling yourself that it's not real. It's not real. It’s not real....

Now - take a deep breath, log off your computer, climb the stairs out of your basement, and get outside. Feel the sun on your face. Admire the deep blue of the sky. Listen to the birds. Nothing bad will happen, I promise. Your basement and BDC will still be there for you when you return....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to shamrock1000's comment:

Rondo!!!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Smells - I'm seriously worried about you bud, you seem to be unraveling. You gotta learn to keep things in perspective. Like the "Rondo Youth Brigade" - it’s just a bogeyman... I know it can be scary, but you gotta keep telling yourself that it's not real. It's not real. It’s not real....

Now - take a deep breath, log off your computer, climb the stairs out of your basement, and get outside. Feel the sun on your face. Admire the deep blue of the sky. Listen to the birds. Nothing bad will happen, I promise. Your basement and BDC will still be there for you when you return....

You sound a lot like a certain NY Jets fan from the Pats board....

Then again, you could be 37's doppleganger...

Either way, time to click the "IGNORE" button...Enjoy it when your little malcontent isn't here anymore...I know I will!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

Most of the people you are comparing Rondo to are number one picks or top five draft picks. 

I challenge you to produce a single player in the league who is better than Rondo who was drafted past #20 in the league, except for Tony Parker, Ginobli, and Marc Gasol. 

(And Parker and Ginobli wouldn't have lasted as long anymore, they only lasted that long because the Spurs were watching the international game more closely than anyone else). 

Rondo has way overachieved from where he was drafted and on a very reasonable contract. 

The rest is just junk you and other Rondo haters are making up. No one ever claimed he was Derrick Rose, nor was he drafted number one like Derrick Rose - who by the way can't stay on the field. 

So...let him stay there....right there and not a penny more...he's not worth a penny more...nobody who shoots as badly as he does, especially in the clutch, is worth a penny more!

And it's stay on the court...it's called a basketball court. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shamrock1000. Show shamrock1000's posts

In response to shamrock1000's comment:

Rondo!!!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

You sound a lot like a certain NY Jets fan from the Pats board....

Then again, you could be 37's doppleganger...

Either way, time to click the "IGNORE" button...Enjoy it when your little malcontent isn't here anymore...I know I will!

Awww - Smelly.. I'm genuinely touched that you've spent so much time and energy trying to figure out who I am.

But I'm also concerned - I don't want you to lose focus on posting on BDC 24/7. After all, if not for you, who would protect us from the terrible awful Rondo Youth Brigade??? Don't get me wrong, for someone with your abilities, really doing a really terrific job! Just don't let yourself get sidetracked, ok?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I cant answer your question cause its not interesting enough to research for the answer. However, for the sake of debate I'll stipulate your #20 draft pick or worse and respond by saying...if the Celtics only played teams with rosters consisting  of players drafted #20 or worse, your point might be relevant. However, since thats not the case, then Rondo is compared to all players drafted and your point is moot

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

(And Parker and Ginobli wouldn't have lasted as long anymore, they only lasted that long because the Spurs were watching the international game more closely than anyone else). For a start, none has won a championship. 

Thank you. What would a stat look like if players were indexed and ranked by draft order, all-star games, and championships per years in the League? How many of those listed at the start of the thread would be ranked higher than Rondo? When Parker and Ginobli are added, Rondo moves down but stays above the rest. The folly of rankings, in basketball or elsewhere, is most times based on a subjective use of numbers - two people can use the same numbers to ostensibly prove opposing points. Objectivity is difficult, especially for those whose bias precludes facts or who ignore facts to attempt to establish credibility. The US Department of Education is a very strong case in point. They want to rank colleges and universities based on some things over which the institutions have no direct control, but they still create mandates and regulations based on the Department being infallible, which it is not.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

Great! Let's encase him in amber so we can study what an overachieving 20th or underachieving 5th pick looks like in his prime. When the amber is broken it will reveal only one championship ring(granted one more than me). The downside is that his cup will be unavailable to his adoring masses

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

the cup. the cup. always the cup. what is it with you and the cup, tomo?

bp

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to BaileyPowe's comment:

the cup. the cup. always the cup. what is it with you and the cup, tomo?

bp

Distance

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

mm hmm.      

bp

Sections
Shortcuts