If Rondo Played for the......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

If Rondo Played for the......

If Rondo played for Miami or LA, either one of those teams would be a consensus shoo-in to win the title.  That's just my opinion.  An educated guess.  Both are good teams that lack one crucial ingredient -- a good point guard.

Does that make Rondo the best point guard in the NBA?  Not by a long shot.

It's just another case of stupid speculation but one that I'm using to call attention to just how good Rondo is as a point guard.

We could trade for Rose or Paul or Williams (yeah, right!), but there is no guarantee that they would fit into the Celtic mold and take us to the title.  Just look at the Heat.

Rondo, for all his obvious defects, does fit into the Celtic mold.  And if Rondo played for the Heat or the Lakers he would take them to the title, most definitely.

So who is better, who is best is irrelevant.  Who is best equipped to take the Celtics to the title?

So should we shop Rondo around?  Who will we get to replace him, realistically, who available would be better?

Obviously, some of you have not had the pleasure of watching Paul Pierce grow into the player he is today.  Many of you wanted to trade Ray Allen. You're into instant gratification, not watching careers develop, players grow and change. 

But I, for one, look forward to watching Rondo grow into a great player, probably one day, the best point guard in the NBA, and notably, the  most enjoyable and unconventional point guard in the NBA to watch.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: If Rondo Played for the......

This is by my count the 10th Rondo thread in the last 5 days... covering virtually the same ground as all the others.

Some thread discipline might be a good idea at BDC.

Pud

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

In Response to Re: If Rondo Played for the......:
    [QUOTE]This is by my count the 10th Rondo thread in the last 5 days... covering virtually the same ground as all the others. Some thread discipline might be a good idea at BDC. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]
    You of all people should talk. Hilarious.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]This is by my count the 10th Rondo thread in the last 5 days... covering virtually the same ground as all the others. Some thread discipline might be a good idea at BDC. Pud

I bet you posted on everyone of them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

When it comes to Rondo.  You are the one who that is a broken record.  Your lack of self awareness is stunning.  Please don't talk about Rondo Pud, refrain.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

so many posts bc he is the most controversial member of this Celtics squad..name the one member of our team that if we lose, we have 0% chance of winning a title. id bet its rondo, but other ppl will say kg (baby does a OK job), pierce (devastating but maybe we find a shooter) or ray..von wafer would do an OK job. its rondo.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Rondo Played for the...... : so many posts bc he is the most controversial member of this Celtics squad..name the one member of our team that if we lose, we have 0% chance of winning a title. id bet its rondo, but other ppl will say kg (baby does a OK job), pierce (devastating but maybe we find a shooter) or ray..von wafer would do an OK job. its rondo.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

KG, PP are two others we can't lose or there wouldn't be much a chance of winning.  Are you saying the Wafer could fill in for Ray?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Rondo Played for the...... : so many posts bc he is the most controversial member of this Celtics squad..name the one member of our team that if we lose, we have 0% chance of winning a title. id bet its rondo, but other ppl will say kg (baby does a OK job), pierce (devastating but maybe we find a shooter) or ray..von wafer would do an OK job. its rondo.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

Jamez.... Rondo is most controversial indeed! Bitterly so. Agreed.

Then you seem to equate controversial with indispensable???

Very different concepts.

You lost me, friend.

Pud

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

rondo is about the best chip we have going forward. when JO and shaq and ray and paul and KG are all retired, we'll have rondo, big baby and perhaps perk. rondo is valuable today, tomorrow and for the foreseeable future.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Rondo is probably the best point guard in the league at getting the ball to his teammates in position for them to score.  That's why Miami or LA would be hands-down favorites if they had Rondo. 

Perhaps there are lots of Rondo posts because the tenor of the criticism of him on this board seems to be that he is not good enough.  Posters are constantly whining about Rondo. Anyone can see the obvious weaknesses in his game, but despite these weaknesses he is still considered an elite point guard and going to the All Star Game.

FCS, it's like people want five perfect robots out there every night.  Perk and Rondo are players who both have imperfect games but who both bring a lot of skill to their position and a lot of value to their team.

It's very easy to criticize a glaring imperfection, it's another thing to want to have the knowledge and understanding of the game that allows you to see the big picture and appreciate the more subtle aspects of the game and the positive things each player brings.

It's easy to sit back and criticize players, but often the criticism is rooted in ignorance of the game, the league, a lack of information, or misinterpretation of information.  So posters are ripe targets for criticism too.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from oyinda. Show oyinda's posts

rondo is not that good and can't consistently hit a jump shot.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]rondo is not that good and can't consistently hit a jump shot.

Posted by oyinda[/QUOTE]

-

Thank you.

You illustrate my point very well.

"It's very easy to criticize a glaring imperfection, it's another thing to want to have the knowledge and understanding of the game that allows you to see the big picture and appreciate the more subtle aspects of the game and the positive things each player brings.

It's easy to sit back and criticize players, but often the criticism is rooted in ignorance of the game, the league, a lack of information, or misinterpretation of information.  So posters are ripe targets for criticism too."

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Good post, as always Rondowski!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Thread discipline?? You have some nerve brother! Jeez.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Rondo Played for the...... : Thread discipline?? You have some nerve brother! Jeez.
    Posted by basketbert[/QUOTE]

Indeed.

Maybe Rondo needs some of my NERVE?

Can't hurt.

Might help him to step into the big shot.

Pud

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

I don't know pud I bet Rondo would have the nerve to troll anonymously on a sports board.  Just a guess.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]I don't know pud I bet Rondo would have the nerve to troll anonymously on a sports board.  Just a guess.
    Posted by Icon11[/QUOTE]

If Rondo had been trolling here at BDC, he certainly would have been shamed into rounding out his game by now.

Wouldn't you think?

Pud

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

Some of us fans including myself get a little greedy.  We want to see players on teams, that we like, never make a mistake including missing shots.  Then we look up the stats after the game and find out they did very well anyway.  Its just human nature.  If Rondo could shoot like an expert, he would be an A+ superstar.  As it stands right now, he is that kind of a superstar -1.  Looking at all the great point guards in the league, there probably isn't a one that you could call perfect.  Rondo is among the best.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

NO way to know how he would do, but I suspect he would have real problems playing on a regular team.  He can't shoot or won't shoot and he plays defense when he wants to.  Truth is if West can't come back soon , we need to get a point, because Rondo is the only point we have.  Fact is we need a 1 and a three.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I think the Lakers if they had Rondo would be moving like locomotive toward a three-peat.  Instead with Fisher they are sinking like a stone.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]NO way to know how he would do, but I suspect he would have real problems playing on a regular team.  He can't shoot or won't shoot and he plays defense when he wants to.  Truth is if West can't come back soon , we need to get a point, because Rondo is the only point we have.  Fact is we need a 1 and a three.
    Posted by maryngary[/QUOTE]

He certainly had real problems playing on Team USA.

We desperately need DWest back in uniform and head screwed on straight to close out games.

Pud

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]I think the Lakers if they had Rondo would be moving like locomotive toward a three-peat.  Instead with Fisher they are sinking like a stone.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Hard to know.

In the open court, Rondo is certainly an upgrade.

In the half court and at crunch time, Fisher gets the nod.

Pud

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrycole. Show jerrycole's posts

maryngary, sorry to see that you've swallowed the haters' criticism hook, line and sinker.  As I've posted previously, while the haters weren't looking, Rondo has become a good jump shooter.  This year, his percentage of jump shots made is right up there with that of the best shooting PGs in the league.  He and the high-scoring DRose are TIED at 45.3% of J-shots made.

Pud, you are either making stuff up or you are woefully ignorant.  Overall Fisher shoots 37.4%.  During crunch time, he shoots 25%!!  And he hits crunch time jump shots at a rate of 18.2%.  Rondo, on the other hand, hits at an overall 50% rate, AND the same percentage in crunch time.  Rondo is so much better than Fisher at shooting that to assert otherwise is laughably wrong.

Come back when you at least have a clue about what you are talking about.

Sections
Shortcuts