If Stern allows Paul to go to the Lakers for a bag of used balls he should be removed from office!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Re: If Stern allows Paul to go to the Lakers for a bag of used balls he should be removed from office!

No need to fear Paul is the only value on that team. They are not going to trade off a asset while the Hornets are for sale. He will get a max contract Stern may be biased be he understands dollars. Trading off Paul makes no cents (pun intended)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: If Stern allows Paul to go to the Lakers for a bag of used balls he should be removed from office!

But BiasLewis is on this board making stupid trade proposals.

HAHAHA!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

why would new orleans trade chris paul? new orleans already have a center who is playing decently this year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

I thought Stern favored the Knicks?  I have to admit, the Timberwolves definitely got the best of the Garnett trade, just look at how well they're doing.  Meanwhile Memphis is a gutter team, playing the worst basketball in franchise history. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: If Stern allows Paul to go to the Lakers for a bag of used balls he should be removed from office!:
    I thought Stern favored the Knicks?  I have to admit, the Timberwolves definitely got the best of the Garnett trade, just look at how well they're doing.  Meanwhile Memphis is a gutter team, playing the worst basketball in franchise history. 
    Posted by jofc

Kevin McHale was the one who made the Garnett trade. The Wolves of the present is the work of David Kahn.

When Pau Gasol was a Grizzly they made the playoffs. Ever since Pau Gasol became a Laker the Memphis Grizzlies have never made the playoffs. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from HarryMangurian. Show HarryMangurian's posts

In Response to If Stern allows Paul to go to the Lakers for a bag of used balls he should be removed from office!:
    No breaks for us when Len Bias dies, No breaks when Reggie died, The Lakers need help they get Gasol for garbage and now the League owns the Hornets. If some shady move is pulled this basterd has to go. He hates the Celtics for no damn good reason and it makes me sick! Even them getting Kobe from the Hornets draft night was shady! It's pure BS. It better not happen.
    Posted by DFURY13

Because they bring in the TV viewers they seem to get the edge in "favors" don't they? They even got Shaq to.

But that was one of the sleaziest trades ever

The Dallas Cowboys of the NBA lol

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

In Response to Re: If Stern allows Paul to go to the Lakers for a bag of used balls he should be removed from office!:
    Posted by jofc

I beg to diffe with your view on the Garnett trade with the Wolves. The C's gave up a lot to get Garnett being the main pieces of big Al and the draft rights that ended up landing Kevin Love. However, without K.G, the Celtics don't win a championship in 2008. They don't go to the finals last season. Without K.G who is playing like himself again since his knee is fully healed, we don't have a snow balls chance in HE double hockey sticks of winning a championship again this season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

Hey, he allowed us to get Garnett?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

In Response to Re: If Stern allows Paul to go to the Lakers for a bag of used balls he should be removed from office! : Kevin McHale was the one who made the Garnett trade. The Wolves of the present is the work of David Kahn. When Pau Gasol was a Grizzly they made the playoffs. Ever since Pau Gasol became a Laker the Memphis Grizzlies have never made the playoffs. 
    Posted by P34

Let's not forget they were 22-60 the year before they traded Gasol, and they went 22-60 again the following year (where they had Gasol for the first 3 months). 

I understand where people are coming from though.  It's never fun to see a team you hate acquire a good player as part of another team's "restructuring" strategy.  It happened with Garnett and Gasol. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ReddsGhost. Show ReddsGhost's posts

Posted by jofc

Not even close dude. LA gave up NOTHING. Boston gave up Jefferson/other players, expiring contracts and 3 #1 draft picks (I think it was 3, might have been 2). In other words, IF Minn. knew what they were doing, they would've won that trade battle.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I am glad to see this thread.  It is right on. This trade will happen, if he needs a max contract they will throw in a bunch of junk with Bynum to get Paul.   I even think it is possible the Lakers could steal another player with Paul from the Hornets.  The league and Stern have to keep the flagship in LA going at all times. They know how fickle and stupid the fans are there, remember they could not even support an NFL franchise.  

New Orleans to those of you who think there are doing fine are 21 and 16 after as going undefeated for 8 games.  Since the league took over they have imploded.

Bynum super stiff will be a Hornet before the deadline.  Unless the Lakers and league can figure out a way to give up even less for Paul.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I am glad to see this thread.  It is right on. This trade will happen, if he needs a max contract they will throw in a bunch of junk with Bynum to get Paul.   I even think it is possible the Lakers could steal another player with Paul from the Hornets.  The league and Stern have to keep the flagship in LA going at all times. They know how fickle and stupid the fans are there, remember they could not even support an NFL franchise.   New Orleans to those of you who think there are doing fine are 21 and 16 after as going undefeated for 8 games.  Since the league took over they have imploded. Bynum super stiff will be a Hornet before the deadline.  Unless the Lakers and league can figure out a way to give up even less for Paul.
    Posted by concord27

Agree that it would be surprising for New Orleans to trade Paul for a center.  They already have a decent center.  Who would be their starting point guard?
    It doesn't make sense at all. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Steve Blake or Derek Fisher.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to If Stern allows Paul to go to the Lakers for a bag of used balls he should be removed from office!:
    No breaks for us when Len Bias dies, No breaks when Reggie died, The Lakers need help they get Gasol for garbage and now the League owns the Hornets. If some shady move is pulled this basterd has to go. He hates the Celtics for no damn good reason and it makes me sick! Even them getting Kobe from the Hornets draft night was shady! It's pure BS. It better not happen.
    Posted by DFURY13

Maybe because there is no evidence that Chris Paul is a cocaine addict whereas for the two that you mention, there is not even white stuff on the ground in Maine, NH, and Vermont to measure up to what when through their nasal cavities......

Just like every trade in the league, the salaries have to match within 15%, so if there is a trade, the Lakers will be sending a substantial asset away or some expiring contracts (um... the only way the Cs got KG and Ray - hypocrite!!!!) or some draft picks and a bag of balls - so Wally S and Theo Ratliff and a bag of balls is ok for Ray and KG but some expiring contracts and a bag a balls is not ok for CP3?  Right?  Right......

Take your head off the pillow - the coffee is ready, wake up and smell it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to If Stern allows Paul to go to the Lakers for a bag of used balls he should be removed from office! : Maybe because there is no evidence that Chris Paul is a cocaine addict whereas for the two that you mention, there is not even white stuff on the ground in Maine, NH, and Vermont to measure up to what when through their nasal cavities...... Just like every trade in the league, the salaries have to match within 15%, so if there is a trade, the Lakers will be sending a substantial asset away or some expiring contracts (um... the only way the Cs got KG and Ray - hypocrite!!!!) or some draft picks and a bag of balls - so Wally S and Theo Ratliff and a bag of balls is ok for Ray and KG but some expiring contracts and a bag a balls is not ok for CP3?  Right?  Right...... Take your head off the pillow - the coffee is ready, wake up and smell it.
    Posted by TheDUDDER

Just how much coke did they do?  As I recall Bias had only done it a couple of times.  Of course I am sure you know more about it than anyone else. 

As far as the C's trades, nearly everyone Boston traded is still in the league getting minutes on their team.  Of course when they were here you said there was players drafted every years as good as they were.  If thats the case I wonder why they are still playing?   Hmmmm

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigbird1111. Show Bigbird1111's posts

Posted by DFURY13

Defury13
    I agree with your post 100 percent however i believe stern needs to go regardless.  Last month I post Integrity of game Compromised because of the way he controls the officials and fines anyone with negative comments involved with the NBA.  Bill Kennedy and Bob Delaney are 2 of Sterns favorites. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Stern's worse act is how he lets officials be above question.  Every fan knows the officials suffer from bias and that they are NOT held accountable for that bias.  Get angry with an official and just watch the calls you will no longer get.  Watch how LeBron gets calls that NO ONE else will get because Stern wants desperately to replace Michael Jordan with another icon.  

And as noted by Bigbird, the fines are so obvious in their attempt to shut everyone up and not let them question poor performance.    In EVERY profession, one has to question and fix poor performance.  Stern won't let his own people (coaches, players, owners) question the weakest part of his league - officiating!

Stern, himself, makes us question the integrity of the league.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

Paranoia. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsalas67m. Show rsalas67m's posts

You guys are paranoid in Boston. I've yet to read anywhere that Chris Paul is going to the Lakers. As for trading Bynum, get your heads out of your rears...

Have you been watching the Lakers lately with Bynum back? They are a different team altogether. Andrew is the anchor of L.A.'s defense. No way that Drew gets traded. 

As for Memphis getting nothing from L.A. for Pau Gasol, another bold face lie. Marc Gasol and Zach Randolph are a direct consequence of the trade. With Pau, Memphis was going nowhere. They had to shed contracts and free up money.

Whenever a team wishes to trade a quality player, they never get back what is the true value of the super star. Look what happened to the Lakers when they traded Shaq to Miami in order to keep Kobe? L.A. went from being in the finals to not making the playoffs. That's the year they drafted an untried and risky high schooler named Andrew Bynum.

Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett were traded to shed salary from teams that weren't going anywhere. Boston became competitive because of the system that's in place in the NBA. Looking at Oklahoma has compelled losing franchises to blow up a team and have fire sales to save millions. 

Far too often hate can cloud logic.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

The Celtics got KG and Ray because they has some good looking young talent and KG and Ray both has used up their prime years without making consistent and serious noise in the playoffs.  We gambled on their age and gas left in the tank.  NOW Lakers git Gasol at his prime, and Shack at his prime, and others.  At this time there are five good teams in the East and three very good teams.  The power is shifting to the East from the West, but LA, Spurs, Dallas, and Jazz are quality teams who can still win it all. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

What about Chris Paul for the Celtics? Rondo, Baby, and some bags of balls and draft picks as well. Why not?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

Woah, put on the brakes.  The Lakers signed Shaq as a free agent.  Were these same conspiracy theorists complaining when LA lost Shaq?  Or when LA lost Caron Butler for Kwame Brown?  The Gasol trade was good for LA, but it came on the heels of several bad trades. 

And honestly, how does this come back to David Stern?  Last time I looked, there were restrictions to trades in the NBA.  If a proposal isn't outside those restrictions, and both (all) teams agree, then it's a fair trade. 

Look, Boston got the best of the Allen and Garnett trades, and LA got the best of the Gasol trade.  Both teams ended up in the Finals as a result.  It's pure fan bias that makes anyone think there was anything dubious about any of those trades.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

Woah, put on the brakes.  The Lakers signed Shaq as a free agent.  Were these same conspiracy theorists complaining when LA lost Shaq?  Or when LA lost Caron Butler for Kwame Brown?  The Gasol trade was good for LA, but it came on the heels of several bad trades.  And honestly, how does this come back to David Stern?  Last time I looked, there were restrictions to trades in the NBA.  If a proposal isn't outside those restrictions, and both (all) teams agree, then it's a fair trade.  Look, Boston got the best of the Allen and Garnett trades, and LA got the best of the Gasol trade.  Both teams ended up in the Finals as a result.  It's pure fan bias that makes anyone think there was anything dubious about any of those trades.
    Posted by jofc

Well said. I guess you never really left, but your even-handed presence around this board has been missed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

What about Chris Paul for the Celtics? Rondo, Baby, and some bags of balls and draft picks as well. Why not?
    Posted by futbal

I would love to have Chris Paul on the current Celtics team.  He is one of my favorite players in the NBA.  Not sure if he would be a better fit than Rondo though.    

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from stiorevo. Show stiorevo's posts

I agree that Stern is not a Boston fan.  From the playoffs to some of the games this year, it makes me think.  Question is, what can we do about it?

Sections
Shortcuts