If the Celtics Draft a Guard

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

If the Celtics Draft a Guard

The Celtics aren't deep enough to draft "the best athlete available" IMO.  Besides, that hasn't worked out too well in the past.  I think the Celtics will draft a Guard.  A SG unless Danny has strong plans to jettison Rondo.

I don't see any centers that can step in or who are significantly better prospet than Melo.  We have a suitable PF in Sully and I see the Celtics getting either a PF and/or C via trade and/or FA.

Assuming that McLemore, Trey Burke, Muhammed, Oladipo and McCollum are gone in the first 15...

I see the Celtics will pick in order of priority:

1. Carter-Williams (6'6" SG with PG skills) from Syracuse                                                           2. Snell (6'7" SG) solid all around game and replaces Bradley as a starter mid season                                                           3. Caldwell-Pope (6'5" SG - GA) great scorer and good defender                                             

If Danny had the balls and smarts of BB, he would trade out of the first round (#16 for Cleveland 31 and 33 or Philly 35 and 42 or even Portland's 39 and 40?) and maybe get one of those three AND -  Allan Crabbe, Franlklin, Hardaway, Goodwin, Paul, Schroeder (PG) and my favorite - Ledo, 6'7" SG from Providence a facinating high-risk huge-reward pick.

Hoping Danny gets rid of Terry, Crawford, and Williams and brings in any two of the above - preferably Carter-Williams and Ledo (assuming we trade to get a second pick). 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Re: If the Celtics Draft a Guard

Caldwell-Pope sounds like he can fill it up at the NBA level. Why is he not set to get picked higher. Attitude? Trouble creating his shot? What if Muhammid slips out to 12 or so (unlikely); what about trading up to get him? sounds like he'll have the Paul Pierce perma-chip on his shoulder?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

DA has always said the C's draft on talent regardless of position.  I believe him, so I wouldn't be surprised if they draft a 3, 4 or a 5 despite the need for a SG. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Maybe they can move up to grab Cody Zeller - I think he's really the only big man they could have a shot at that may actually have a decent amount of potential.  If they end up with Dieng, then I'll just throw my hands in the air and walk away from the t.v..  He's another raw project.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

The Celtics aren't deep enough to draft "the best athlete available" IMO.  Besides, that hasn't worked out too well in the past.  I think the Celtics will draft a Guard.  A SG unless Danny has strong plans to jettison Rondo.

I don't see any centers that can step in or who are significantly better prospet than Melo.  We have a suitable PF in Sully and I see the Celtics getting either a PF and/or C via trade and/or FA.

Assuming that McLemore, Trey Burke, Muhammed, Oladipo and McCollum are gone in the first 15...

1. Carter-Williams (6'6" SG with PG skills) from Syracuse                                                           2. Snell (6'7" SG) solid all around game and replaces Bradley as a starter mid season                                                           3. Caldwell-Pope (6'5" SG - GA) great scorer and good defender                                             

If Danny had the balls and smarts of BB, he would trade out of the first round (#16 for Cleveland 31 and 33 or Philly 35 and 42 or even Portland's 39 and 40?) and maybe get one of those three AND -  Allan Crabbe, Franlklin, Hardaway, Goodwin, Paul, Schroeder (PG) and my favorite - Ledo, 6'7" SG from Providence a facinating high-risk huge-reward pick.

Hoping Danny gets rid of Terry, Crawford, and Williams and brings in any two of the above - preferably Carter-Williams and Ledo (assuming we trade to get a second pick). 

Melo is a terrible prospect for any NBA center.  I am not sure how to assess who is available this year, but Melo is not going to do a thing for us next year.  A horrible wasted pick.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

Hoping Shabazz or Carter fall to us....

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts