IF the Celtics Have the 5th Draft Pick? (FFF)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

IF the Celtics Have the 5th Draft Pick? (FFF)

and Wiggins, Parker, Randle and Smart are off the board, who do you take?? and Why??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

Re: IF the Celtics Have the 5th Draft Pick? (FFF)

In response to Eldunker's comment:

and Wiggins, Parker, Randle and Smart are off the board, who do you take?? and Why??

joel embiid

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

if we got wiggins. 

way back 2007 sonics

Durant-Green = Wiggins-Green(Cs version)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Hey Ticket05.  Why Embiid over Willie?  

I think Willie will be more NBA ready.  Embiid coming straight from HS only weighed 230 and needs some strenghthening and more development.  At least Willie will have 2 years of college ball under his belt which is important IMO.  But agree he has lots of potential.  Great athlete for his size.

I actually think Dakari Johnson, (second string C behind Willie at Kentucky) has more potential than both. He is a true center at 7'0" 260lbs.  If he entered the draft in 2014 (which I don't think he would do) he could be available and a great grab with our second 1st round pick!!  Dude could be #1 pick in 2015, so he'll be advised to stay in school one more year IMO.   

Since both Cauley-Stein and Embiid are more hybrid PF/C like Oly, I pass on both with our #5 pick.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

So easy.

Dante Exum or Aaron Gordon.

What are you thinking, Eldunko?

The only question being, which one. I'm leaning toward Gordon.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

[QUOTE]

So easy.

Dante Exum or Aaron Gordon.

What are you thinking, Eldunko?

The only question being, which one. I'm leaning toward Gordon.

[/QUOTE]

We don't need yet another PF with so much talent on the board at positions of need.

I take Andrew Harrison. 6'5" PG Kentucky. Big. Athletic. Tough. All around strong game.  Be curious to see how his range develops from the outside this year.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

[QUOTE]

We don't need yet another PF with so much talent on the board at positions of need.

I take Andrew Harrison. 6'5" PG Kentucky. Big. Athletic. Tough. All around strong game.  Be curious to see how his range develops from the outside this year.

When you're a rebuilding team, you draft the best player available.

It would've been a disaster if Rick Pitino didn't draft Paul Pierce because the Celtics already had Ron Mercer at that time.

[/QUOTE]

+1

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Generally true, but not in this case.

Gordon is not, IMO the best player available at #5.

There are arguablly 5 players that are as good or probably better than Gordon.

Gordon is an undersized PF at 6'8"

We alredy have 2 PF that provide a foundation to the rebuild.  and every other position needs help. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]

When you're a rebuilding team, you draft the best player available.

It would've been a disaster if Rick Pitino didn't draft Paul Pierce because the Celtics already had Ron Mercer at that time.

[/QUOTE]

Another Goober flip flop... just a few days ago he insisted we're a tanking team.. now that everyone ripped his head off for being so ignorant and short sighted, he's switched gears again to rebuilding.. what a lemming

HAHAHAHAHAHA

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

tanking and rebuilding are not mutually exclusive. one is a means to the other. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from fbombfury. Show fbombfury's posts

If the C's do secure a top 5 pick then you trade Rondo and other picks to secure another pick to be in the top 10 of next years draft.  Deep drafts are hard to come by in the NBA just look at history.  It will be at least a 5 yr build, but worth it if they can secure a big and shooter who can fill the hoop every night.  I better be quiet and hope DA is not reading this!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to kaktug's comment:

tanking and rebuilding are not mutually exclusive. one is a means to the other. 

On the other hand, when you have a major rebuild like we do, you don't necessarily tank or even try to tank.  Tanking is the wrong term.  It implies purposeful losing.  We'll play hard to win, but we'll just naturally stink.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts