If the Clippers want KG ...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

If the Clippers want KG ...

Why not a 3-way trade to get something we actually want. I dont see Ainge wanting Butler or Bledsoe, though Bledsoe is a really good player we have the backcourt all set right now. So why not:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a5b3pmv

BOS: Al Jefferson

UTA: Butler, Bledsoe, Melo

LAC: KG

I think all three teams do that trade. Of course if the Celtics ship out KG, there would likely be opportunities for Jet and Paul to end their careers elsewhere. Another 3-way with Jet and ORL to land Reddick for next year would be shweet. What do you think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Re: If the Clippers want KG ...

*DISCLAIMER*

If I'm Ainge, I make no major trades, unless we can upgrade Bass. See how deep PP can lead our team and go all in next year with a new & improved Rondo, Sullinger, and a contributing Melo.

But,,, its always fun to play the what-if game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

*DISCLAIMER*

If I'm Ainge, I make no major trades, unless we can upgrade Bass. See how deep PP can lead our team and go all in next year with a new & improved Rondo, Sullinger, and a contributing Melo.

The Celtics go back to Jefferson after six years of KG?  Please consider Big Al will bring nothing in terms of winning here.  You have to know that.  We need to rebuild a winner not get retreads who we jettisoned out of here to get a winning culture.  If you want a trade figure out a way to get Al Jefferson here now with KG and you will see the Celtics make a possible run like last year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

*DISCLAIMER*

please explain the "new and improved Rondo"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

Why not a 3-way trade to get something we actually want. I dont see Ainge wanting Butler or Bledsoe, though Bledsoe is a really good player we have the backcourt all set right now. So why not:

I think all three teams do that trade. Of course if the Celtics ship out KG, there would likely be opportunities for Jet and Paul to end their careers elsewhere. Another 3-way with Jet and ORL to land Reddick for next year would be shweet. What do you think?

Unfortunately we would need KG or a developed Melo(after KG retires) to cover for AJ's defensive deficiencies.Sad but true...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

*DISCLAIMER*

please explain the "new and improved Rondo"

Definitely an assumption, but based on how far medical treatment & technology has come, I think players have the ability to come back quicker and better. Rondo's tear can't be that bad, so I assume it won't be as tough of a rehab. They say Rondo is a hard worker and will pour everything into a recovery, I belive that. They also say that players typically come back as better shooters because of all the time they have on their hands where all they can do is work on their jumpshot. I also think Rondo benefits from watching our team from the sidelines. Hopefully he will remain engaged, and reflect hard on what he brings to our team and what he needs to do to make us better.

I think we are lucky to see D. Rose come back this year in the playoffs. His recovery will definitely be an indication of what to expect from Rondo.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Is Al Jefferson's defense really THAT bad? I know he's no defensive force, but  he can rebound, score, he's big and has heart. He's contributing 17 & 10 in Utah with a block, a steal and two assists per game. I think he and Sully would make a good pair, no?

Of course if we could land Jefferson while retaining KG, we'd be a force. But, that just isn't going to happen unless we deal Pierce.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

Is Al Jefferson's defense really THAT bad? I know he's no defensive force, but  he can rebound, score, he's big and has heart. He's contributing 17 & 10 in Utah with a block, a steal and two assists per game. I think he and Sully would make a good pair, no?

Of course if we could land Jefferson while retaining KG, we'd be a force. But, that just isn't going to happen unless we deal Pierce.

True about Pierce. I don't see much of Utah's games but a dominating theme regarding AJ's lack of defensive is frequently mentioned in their forums. So much so that a significant amount want him traded not only for his defense but because he stagnates their offense as well. I imagine these thoughts aren't just appearing in a vacuum. Utah does not have any real veteran presence(both players and coach) to keep this stagnation in check. Does Boston? More than likely. But @ the expense of our only current play maker(Pierce)? I would hate to import the very thing WE are trying to get away from...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

True about Pierce. I don't see much of Utah's games but a dominating theme regarding AJ's lack of defensive is frequently mentioned in their forums. So much so that a significant amount want him traded not only for his defense but because he stagnates their offense as well. I imagine these thoughts aren't just appearing in a vacuum. Utah does not have any real veteran presence(both players and coach) to keep this stagnation in check. Does Boston? More than likely. But @ the expense of our only current play maker(Pierce)? I would hate to import the very thing WE are trying to get away from...

[/QUOTE]

Good points all around. I think that if DA pulled of the trade I propsed above, things could change for AJ in Boston. First of all, he wouldn't be a 1st or 2nd option on offense. If he stagnates, it wouldn't be as impactful because we would still have Pierce, Green, Terry, Barbosa, Rondo (next year) ...

Defensively, the Celtics play Team defense. KG is tough as nails and our defensive leader, but realistically he isn't the same physical force. KG excels at defense because he inspires the other 4 guys around him and they work together. I think if Al Jef is put on the floor with Paul, Jeff, Avery & Rondo he would have a better defensive supporting cast. It would be a risk, but it could work.

The question is, at age 28, would he want a raise (above the 15M this year) or could we persuade him to take a cut to be on a real contending team. Rondo is 26, in his prime. Jeff is nearing that point, Courtney is at that same stage in his career. I think Melo may just be too far away from developing into a starting center in the next few years. Why waste Rondo's prime trying to rebuild. I think Al could be enough to bridge the gap from KG.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

KG is the heart and soul of this team. As you notice it's the Clippers exploring, not the Celtics. If the Celtics are really thinking of blowing this thing up think about the years of mediocrity that will be ahead. Can anybody remember the Pitino and ML Carr years? This is what they wil be looking at. I think they need an infusion while the old vets are slowly phased out. Being the laughing stock of the NBA is no good, see Lakers.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

If Al Jeferson is the "best" we can do for KG, then why bother !!!!

Nice one Bill! I agree! 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

You don't trade a player like KG. It would be stupid.

Is it really THAT stupid to trade KG? What if he retires after this failed year? Would it not make sense to get something back for him this year?

IF PP and KG plan to play out the next two years, then yes - keep him. If nt, does it not make some sense to send PP and KG out to contenders in order to get pieces for next year NOW and have them start building chemistry?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

*DISCLAIMER*

The Celtics go back to Jefferson after six years of KG?  Please consider Big Al will bring nothing in terms of winning here.  You have to know that.  We need to rebuild a winner not get retreads who we jettisoned out of here to get a winning culture.  If you want a trade figure out a way to get Al Jefferson here now with KG and you will see the Celtics make a possible run like last year.

Definitely agree with you.  Trading KG for Al Jefferson doesn't really help us.  We would still need another big man.  We already lost Sullinger for the rest of the season.  Adding another big man who is better than any of our current bench players is what we need to improve this team for the rest of the season. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I had been thinking a 3-way trade along those lines with Utah as well.

It'd be nice if we could also take the expiring Odom contract for Bass and maybe give up a 1st and get Hayward as well. He's like a taller Redick.

Big Al remains a guy who will get you 16-19 points a game and 9-10 boards. He can be the 3rd best player on a champion. Rondo can be the 2nd best. Certainly Green, Avery, Lee, Sullinger and Pierce (for 2 more years) can all fall in the range of 4th-6th best player on a champion. Only issue is this team won't have a true #1 unless Rondo can make that leap off an ACL surgery and Green or Avery can leap from 4th best to 2nd best player. Al is what he is.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

If they're going to blow it up they might as well go all the way:

Clippers: KG, Pierce, Terry, Wilcox, (moving 30m for 34 million)

Boston: DeAndre Jordan, Big Al, Hayward, Willie Green, Earl Watoson (moving 35 for 31m, getting under the lux tax) 

Utah: Butler, Odom, Bledsoe, Melo, a future 1st rd pick from the Clippers

It would be nice if we could take Odom and move Bass to Utah...

A future of Jordan, Al, Sully, Green, Hayward, Lee, Avery, Rondo and a pick in the teens is pretty solid.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

It'd be nice if we could also take the expiring Odom contract for Bass and maybe give up a 1st and get Hayward as well. He's like a taller Redick.

Big Al remains a guy who will get you 16-19 points a game and 9-10 boards. He can be the 3rd best player on a champion. Rondo can be the 2nd best. Certainly Green, Avery, Lee, Sullinger and Pierce (for 2 more years) can all fall in the range of 4th-6th best player on a champion. Only issue is this team won't have a true #1 unless Rondo can make that leap off an ACL surgery and Green or Avery can leap from 4th best to 2nd best player. Al is what he is.

I understand that you want the expiring contract and that is logical. BUT, i fracking hate Odom. What a bum. Does not deserve the 8M. I'd rather pay Bass 6M for the next four years to warm our bench than having to call Odom a Celtic. YUCK!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

THE TRUTH! What current contending NBA team would have its Center as its #1 guy? I think Rondo, Bradley, Green, Sullinger, Al is a contender. Especially if AB, JG, and JS take big steps forward and Rondo comes back even better. I mean, who else is out there that we could possibly get? Maybe we let go of Sully and gor for J.Smith. Rondo, Bradley, Green, Smith, Al. All we would need it a cold hearted SG shooter who could close out games for Bradley. Like a Reddick off the bench...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

so now Al Jefferson is a scrub? 

this is a trade id think long and hard about..some of you are allowing emotions to get in the way of smart decisions. We arent going anywhere in the playoffs this year, so building for this year is pointless.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

THE TRUTH! What current contending NBA team would have its Center as its #1 guy? I think Rondo, Bradley, Green, Sullinger, Al is a contender. Especially if AB, JG, and JS take big steps forward and Rondo comes back even better. I mean, who else is out there that we could possibly get? Maybe we let go of Sully and gor for J.Smith. Rondo, Bradley, Green, Smith, Al. All we would need it a cold hearted SG shooter who could close out games for Bradley. Like a Reddick off the bench...

Say its something like:

Boston: Jefferson, Hayward

Clippers: KG, Barbosa, Wilcox, Collins

Jazz: Bledsoe, Melo, Butler, Willie Green, Clippers 1st in '14

Then you are correct that is an interesting younger team that could make noise if it had a lot of guys get better and a rebounding big man, Pierce and DeAndre Jordan are no longer involved, but still you have:

C - Al, ?

PF - Sully, Bass

SF - Green, Pierce, Hayward

SG - Avery, Lee, Hayward

PG - Rondo, Terry

I'd try to move Lee with one of Bass/Terry (depending on what we draft) for a big, kinda like where we were all this season, its basically subtracting KG for Al, but adding a young shooter in Hayward and a better pick than we all expected.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

If somebody dangles a good young player and or 1st pick...Danny will consider and talk to KG or

PP...has to...its a business decision..

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrmccook. Show jrmccook's posts

kg to the clippers for bledsoe, butler and a 2nd rounder. the flip bledsoe to detroit for either drummond or monroe.

Sections
Shortcuts