If the Lakers will refuse to trade Howard for Griffin/Bledsoe then Blake should be included in deal with Pierce

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

If the Lakers will refuse to trade Howard for Griffin/Bledsoe then Blake should be included in deal with Pierce

I mentioned this earlier today as soon as I read Lakers will not do a sign and trade of Howard.

Adrian Wojnarowski: Lakers have fully resisted Clippers overtures on a sign-and-trade for Dwight Howard. "They will never do it," source with knowledge tells Y!

Brad Turner: An NBA executive said the Lakers will either, A, sign Dwight Howard, or B, let him walk if he wants and have ample cap space next summer.

This means the trade should be:

Celtics: Griffin, Jordan, Butler, Bledsoe and Jamal Crawford

Clippers: KG, Pierce and (maybe)Jordan Crawford. Doc would obviously follow, but first rd picks probably wouldn't be needed anymore.

Once they waive Pierce for 5m the Clips have more than enough cap space, even with our Crawford in there, to sign Howard and Paul. Those two with KG and 1-2 mil per guys like Odom, Barnes, Billups, Willie Green and (maybe) Crawford would be pretty scary.

The big deal is that Pierce would agree to return to the Clippers for the veteran minimum (or possibly the MLE?) and only make 6-8 million next season after the buyout.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: If the Lakers will refuse to trade Howard for Griffin/Bledsoe then Blake should be included in deal with Pierce

The Clippers want to trade Bledsoe and Griffin for Howard after getting KG. Well in this deal they essentially get Howard and Pierce for Griffin, Bledsoe, Crawford and Butler. Based on cap space being created and Pierce coming back after he is waived. Win-win for everyone but the Lakers:-)

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: If the Lakers will refuse to trade Howard for Griffin/Bledsoe then Blake should be included in deal with Pierce

In response to Fierce34's comment:

I already made that trade proposal yesterday.

You both did.  I hope it happens, but the chances are very slim so who cares who thought of it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

[QUOTE]

You both did.  I hope it happens, but the chances are very slim so who cares who thought of it.

[/QUOTE]

Well I ignore Fierce Concord, just have to occasionally see his bullying my way is the only way posts when quoted in others, but I've been making these Clippers type trade proposals/ideas for weeks now

The multitude of media guys today claiming Lakers would prefer cap space to EVER signing and trading Howard makes this type of move with the Clippers possible.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well I ignore Fierce Concord, just have to occasionally see his bullying my way is the only way posts when quoted in others, but I've been making these Clippers type trade proposals/ideas for weeks now

The multitude of media guys today claiming Lakers would prefer cap space to EVER signing and trading Howard makes this type of move with the Clippers possible.

[/QUOTE]

I know you have been.  I hope it happens.  I think by the way Doc is gone now.  He won't come back after all this no matter what happens.  I feel bad about this guy who signed his last contract saying "I guess I am Celtic."  Now he is the next Phil Jackson cherry picking his location.  As I said it is sad. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

My first thought is that the Clipps have some nerve because it seems like they are backing off the value of players established just last February and now they want Doc too, so I hope DA holds his ground and calls b.s. on the Clipps' FO and their offer of money instead of Bledsoe.

Secondly, if any of these deals go down and we also add Vinnie as our new coach it would have to be one of the oddest exchanges of talent and coaching in the NBA since the back room dealing days of Walter Brown and Red back in the early 50's!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

All these is cr@p by Rivers. Big fan before, not so much anymore. Stars want to play with stars and now coaches want to coach championship contenders. Ridiculous! He had lost credibility in the way he incorporates and uses players anyways... I hope san antonio wins. It would send the league a clear message and it would send doc a clear message as well...total shame...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I know you have been.  I hope it happens.  I think by the way Doc is gone now.  He won't come back after all this no matter what happens.  I feel bad about this guy who signed his last contract saying "I guess I am Celtic."  Now he is the next Phil Jackson cherry picking his location.  As I said it is sad. 

[/QUOTE]

Yeah it is a little bittersweet. But it isn't like the Heat fired 'Spo after his '11 loss to the Mavs and then hired free agent Doc Rivers for no compensation. That would have hurt.

I'm sad, but some of the best coaches in team history left right when it looked like their championship window was closed. Russell (cuz he retired as a player) Tommy (when Hondo was going down, although I think he had health issues too), K.C. Jones (after the '88 ECF finals when the big 3 were basically done).

I'm just excited that if he does leave to coach a contender that we'll get some good young kids. and I don't mind seeing KG and maybe PP go to their home area to try and win a title. It'd be fun watching those guys humiliate the Lakers and battle OKC and Miami for a title.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

[QUOTE]

I mentioned this earlier today as soon as I read Lakers will not do a sign and trade of Howard.

Adrian Wojnarowski: Lakers have fully resisted Clippers overtures on a sign-and-trade for Dwight Howard. "They will never do it," source with knowledge tells Y!

Brad Turner: An NBA executive said the Lakers will either, A, sign Dwight Howard, or B, let him walk if he wants and have ample cap space next summer.

This means the trade should be:

Celtics: Griffin, Jordan, Butler, Bledsoe and Jamal Crawford

Clippers: KG, Pierce and (maybe)Jordan Crawford. Doc would obviously follow, but first rd picks probably wouldn't be needed anymore.

Once they waive Pierce for 5m the Clips have more than enough cap space, even with our Crawford in there, to sign Howard and Paul. Those two with KG and 1-2 mil per guys like Odom, Barnes, Billups, Willie Green and (maybe) Crawford would be pretty scary.

The big deal is that Pierce would agree to return to the Clippers for the veteran minimum (or possibly the MLE?) and only make 6-8 million next season after the buyout.

=============================

Re: Celtics: Griffin, Jordan, Butler, Bledsoe and Jamal Crawford

We basically get the Clippers present team but without Paul & it did not win the Western Division. Yup, we'd have Rondo but he ain't no Paul !!! Don't like the deal !

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

The Clippers seems to think they have the leverage to try and take without giving,oh well they are wrong! DA has all the leverage in this case and Doc isn't going anywheres unless DA gets what he wants in return,hopefully he's asking for Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan and then at least one pick.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejuice1. Show thejuice1's posts

I don't want Griffin. He's probably the most overrated player in the league. All he can do is dunk. He has no offensive game and he's no where near the rebound he should be. Give me bledsoe jordan and the 2 picks for doc and kg and new done with it

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

I'd like griffin. He and rondo would at least be great fun to watch. And he would sell tickets, which is not important for us but it would be for the owners. So you can bet they'd be all for it.

Remember only one team wins it all every year, so i don't get too hung up about championship contending.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Come on Celtics fans.  Let's not overvalue our players.  There is no reason in the world the Clips would trade their whole team to pair DH12 with KG and PP.  We're crazy to think the Clips would trade Blake for PP especially when PP will be available after being waived by the Celtics by June 30.

The deal to be had, which should be the only deal, is Doc and KG to LA for Jordan, Bledsoe and a combination of draft pick(s) and cash considerations.  After we waive PP, he's then free to do whatever he wants.  He's earned that right.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Petey62's comment:

Come on Celtics fans.  Let's not overvalue our players.  There is no reason in the world the Clips would trade their whole team to pair DH12 with KG and PP.  We're crazy to think the Clips would trade Blake for PP especially when PP will be available after being waived by the Celtics by June 30.

The deal to be had, which should be the only deal, is Doc and KG to LA for Jordan, Bledsoe and a combination of draft pick(s) and cash considerations.  After we waive PP, he's then free to do whatever he wants.  He's earned that right.

What about Doc?  What happened he and KG said they bled green three months ago?  This trade will make little difference.  The players coming are hardly game changers. Draft picks are late first round.  Jordan flat out stinks at 11 million.  Bledsoe is a bench player.  We lose a signature player and coach who bled green.  More like a disaster except for Doc and KG who seem to have got what they wanted.  If the trade doesn't happen Doc and KG will never return.  This was the end of an era and not the start of anything  good at all.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to Petey62's comment:

Correct, it makes no sense to trade Griffin, Butler and Bledsoe in the deal for just Pierce added if they cannot guarantee getting both Howard and Pierce.

Based on tampering rules and perhaps the contract demands of both players (Dwight and PP), plus the lack of depth it leaves the Clippers, there are prob just too many obstacles for a deal like the one I proposed to be completed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

The Clippers seems to think they have the leverage to try and take without giving,oh well they are wrong! DA has all the leverage in this case and Doc isn't going anywheres unless DA gets what he wants in return,hopefully he's asking for Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan and then at least one pick.

The more I think about it the more I realize that Griffin isn't really going to be a possibility in this trade. The Clippers see him as like 70% of Dwight Howard, with Bledsoe worth the other 30% of they make that trade.

Also the Magic can use their Howard trade exception to claim Pierce off waivers. If the Clips and Pierce have some handshake agreement in place where Paul signs on the cheap after being waived and the Clippers getting Howard, then the Magic cans tep in and claim Pierce and make Howard's championship persuit harder.