If the Pacers had Rondo...what happens?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: If the Pacers had Rondo...what happens?

In response to BaileyPowe's comment:

i'm looking at hoopdata reg season 2013 stats, acie. rondo shoots from 16-23 ft much better than george hill. i'm not saying rondo doesn't have quirks and flaws. i am saying if one would rather have another pg than rondo, then geo hill is a weakass choice.

bp

i would not want george hill or rondo for point guard.  period. 

but i'll tell you this, a 25 year old john bagley is a better point guard than rondo, becuase he COULD DO ALL THE THINGS THAT PG'S ARE SUPPOSED TO DO.  over-controlling the ball to lead the league in dimes is not "good".  under-shooting the wide open gimme shots, not good.  rondo did both, and will likely do both forever.

in addition to that, our pace was slower than frozen wizz rolling uphill in the winter this year- all because rondo wanted it that way.  set the team free with NO POINT GUARD AT ALL and you get green and some other youngs running for easy buckets like they SHOULD HAVE BEEN ALL ALONG.  of course that did not last because we had NO BACKUP PG who could even fake it. 

all of these things i describe- tempo, shooting, over-controlling- should never happen with a "good" point guard.  george hill does not even interest me enough as a player to look up his stats- but here's one thing- he was #2 guard in SA Spurs to tony parker at point....  right?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to DaCeltics' comment:

If Rondo is an all-star starter by the fans, how do the Rondo haters explain this phenomenon? He's bad for the team right? The fans say he's the best PG in the East.

sugary crap with no substance goes a long way these days.  those fancy ball fakes- that's what people think of when they think of rondo.  then ALL THOSE ASSISTS that were killing our team the last 2-3 years with tempo strangling......  "he leads the league" in something.  oooooooo, aaaaahhhhh

your average basketball fan today does not really understand what the game is all about.  so i can see how rondo would get AS votes.  but he should have never been an all star as a 50 something % shooting point guard- if you think back to the 1980s, where were all the 50% shooting free throw point guards?  none in the NBA.  they were all playing in italy, if at all

furthermore, the epidemic of the "2 minute highlight reel" at ESPN is another thing that makes rondo seem much better than he is.  people who watch that and then don't have to suffer through the games of the NIL tempo, POOR effort on defense, LOUSY free throw shooting, UNAGRESSIVE offensive play and general aloofness and un-coachability would definitely think rondo was all that!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Stats are good as a tool but are very deceptive and nothing compared to watching the games. The only thing worse is watching the games and not understanding basketball, like fierce.

Its been demonstrated time and again, the Celtics play better minus their fugazy AS PG... Oh. the fans voted him in... lol  

Best thing for the C's is getting rid of Rondo... further, I despise Rondos game, his attitude, his laziness but I dont blame ROndo for playing his game to the detriment of the team. I blame that over rated, untrained coach Doc Rivers.... who got a free pass when DA pulled off a great trade and assembled the BIg 3 and allowed Doc to take the bows riding their coatails.....

Docs the inept coach that not only allowed ROndo to wreck the team both on the court and psychologically but also enables him by coddling and annointing him TEAM LEADER... a title so misplaced and akin to naming Michael Vick chairman of the ASPCA

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Shaq played for Pat Riley and Phil Jackson and he loves Doc Rivers. Explain that.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Not sure that Rondo would be the answer for the Pacers but a better point guard definitely would help them.  They may have won this series if they had a better ball handler. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to DaCeltics' comment:

Shaq played for Pat Riley and Phil Jackson and he loves Doc Rivers. Explain that.

Where did you learn Shaq loves Doc, just curious...

AS a kid I loved my 9th grade accounting teacher cause he let me do as I pleased and was real easy on homework and gave me better grades than I deserved cause we were kinda pals.... in retrospect I realized he wasnt a very good teacher...

Doc has a soft hand with his star vets or havent you noticed??

Wonder how Shaq would answer which of those 3 were better coaches, thats really all that counts, not his alleged "love" for Doc??

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Rondo internet slap fight number 710.

Sections
Shortcuts