If they lose tonight the Cetlics are 9 and 10 since the 7 game win steak

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: If they lose tonight the Cetlics are 9 and 10 since the 7 game win steak

In response to Karllost's comment:

Too bad some posters here create imagined theories about phantom statements that dont exist to make a thread and gain some attention.  Then play the part that "others" dont get it when it all blows up in his face. Then feign victory in a transparent attempt to offset the beatdown he just took lol

Move on sonny, youre boring me now.. On to better things

"Blew up in my face?

You take this way too seriously.

Beatdown?

About what?

All i took from this thread is that you can't follow the written word very well.

Read Rally's thread...a few threads down.  There you will find people that think the Celtics are contenders.

Read slow and think.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Thats silly to take away the wins.  So lets take away the losses as well.  We are 9-6 since the 7 game winning streak if we take away the 4 game losing streak.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

Thats silly to take away the wins.  So lets take away the losses as well.  We are 9-6 since the 7 game winning streak if we take away the 4 game losing streak.

My point, which I thought was obvious, is that a lot of people had high hopes after Rondo went down that this team was much improved.

It may be improved, but not much.

It was average then and it is average now.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

It all starts and ends with rebounds.  

If the offense isn't on fire AND the defense isn't playing at maximum energy, we don't win.

The perpetual rebound deficiency is KILLING us.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

It all starts and ends with rebounds.  

If the offense isn't on fire AND the defense isn't playing at maximum energy, we don't win.

The perpetual rebound deficiency is KILLING us.

Agreed.

The problem with this team is bigs and it always has been.  They Celtics have a lot of decent guards and 2 good Small forwards.

Their rotation of bigs is one of the worst in the NBA.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from postal5. Show postal5's posts

I second that agreement.  It is Doc's job to insist the new motion offense continue's when rondo is back or Rondo is benched.  Then put enough bigs who can rebound and defend on the court.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

This team should have been blown up.  This is the early 90s all over again.  Make the playoffs and get bounced in the first round and get a low draft pick that will not make the team or contribute.  

Let's face it Terry is not a point guard and has underachieved so far. Green has been inconsistent. Lee started slow, but doesn't set the world on fire. Bradley is not a point guard and is offensively challenged on most nights.  Crawford, a me first player.  I have not seen enough of him to have an opinion, but he has not lit it up since joining the team.  Same for Williams.  KG and PP are old, slow and should be role players coming off the bench at this stage in their careers.

I think taking the cHEAT to game 7 really gave a lot of fans and ownership dillusions of granduer.  Must we forget we played the 76er's who beat a Derrick Rose-less team.  No way we would have beaten Chicago last year w/ Rose. We barely beat the Hawks.  The cHEAT had Bosh out for most of the series.  Luck of the Irish may have been the curse of the Irish because this team should have been disbanded.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

i think this is a good team missing that one guy to put them over the top. Over the last couple years that guy has been Rondo.

I think its funny that people year after year forget the trend the C's have set..horrible 1st half and turn it up in the 2nd half of the season. So i knew we were going to play better regardless of whether or not we had 9 in the lineup. The difference is now we are getting to the nitty gritty, the games where we need 9, and he isnt there. If Rondo was healthy, AND we were playing with the system we have right now, theres no doubt in my mind we could beat Miami in a series. 

Miami fears Rondo, especially in the playoffs. They just dont fear Courtney Lee, and they shouldnt.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

It isn't about Rondo one way or the other.

This team isn't that good.

That doesn't make me happy but it has been frustrating to have so many people act like because of the loss of Rondo this team was going to be a championship contender.

the 7 game win streak was an aberration.

A lot of us knew that at the time.

"the 7-game win streak was an aberration." Snake, I think that just about EVERYBODY knows that a 7-game win streak is an aberration in the NBA. Very very few teams have them over the course of the season. How is your statement any different than saying "the sky is blue"? You see, the Celtics are 16-10 (.615) since that same line of demarcation. You cannot tally the 7-win streak separate from the subsequent 19- games. And, most importantly, these numbers include a 4-game losing streak during which our C's have lost by an average of 4.25-pts per game. And keep in mind that two of those games where against what many NBA experts are calling the best teams in their perspective conferences, MIAMI and MEMPHIS. But, ANY 7-game winning streak is an ABERRATION, indeed! Go Celtics! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

That doesn't make me happy but it has been frustrating to have so many people act like because of the loss of Rondo this team was going to be a championship contender.

"the 7-game win streak was an aberration." Snake, I think that just about EVERYBODY knows that a 7-game win streak is an aberration in the NBA. Very very few teams have them over the course of the season. How is your statement any different than saying "the sky is blue"? You see, the Celtics are 16-10 (.615) since that same line of demarcation. You cannot tally the 7-win streak separate from the subsequent 19- games. And, most importantly, these numbers include a 4-game losing streak during which our C's have lost by an average of 4.25-pts per game. And keep in mind that two of those games where against what many NBA experts are calling the best teams in their perspective conferences, MIAMI and MEMPHIS. But, ANY 7-game winning streak is an ABERRATION, indeed! Go Celtics! 

The point was more the mass hysteria around how much better the team was when the winning streak was going on.

I could pull up some old threads and bump them up. There were a LOT of people acting like all of a sudden the Celtics were a much improved team and could now contend.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

The thing is that the Cs can still contend, at least if you consider reaching the ECF equals contending. It's true that they aren't very good, but so are none of the other teams in the east with the exception of Miami.

That said i agreed they should have blown in up and gotten one or two good rebounders.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

I too wanted to blow it up at the half point...but I lost my time machine so lets move on...

make the best of it..and hope KG is not seriously injured..no need to turn on each other..

we have the trolls....

Could be worse...100 mil payroll and no lotto picks!!!lol

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

If Garnett is for some reason out for a couple of weeks we could slip out of the playoffs altogether.  Five games in seven nights next week.

You are right.  The Celtics could not make the playoffs or almost as bad end up as the 8th seed.  I wouldn't give them much chance of advancing as the 8th seed. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

The point was more the mass hysteria around how much better the team was when the winning streak was going on.

I could pull up some old threads and bump them up. There were a LOT of people acting like all of a sudden the Celtics were a much improved team and could now contend.

Yeah, but from 0-6 to 7-0 IS all of a sudden, NO? I still believe the team is much improved and nothing during these last 4-games changes that in my mind aside from the fact that any further porlonged injuries would be  death nail in this season. I still think they are much better since RR's injury. The numbers still prove that. We are 16-10 and counting. Lets see what happens in these last 13......Remember SNAKE, 4-games does not a legit "sample size" make!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

Geez, you sure are reacting like a trained chimp... Youre having a problem backing up your own words quote:

"That doesn't make me happy but it has been frustrating to have so many people act like because of the loss of Rondo this team was going to be a championship contender."

So who are the so many people you're talking about that posted that posted the C's were championship contenders??? Simple enough, stop avoiding the your own statement..

Utterly disingenuous drivel. Classic strawman argument from our fairy tale writer.

No one suggested that Rondo's loss would change Cs into serious contender.

A better team... yes. More team oriented.... yes. More balanced and competitive.... yes.

A serious contender for #18.... not hardly.

Its been all too clear that the Cs weren't going to win #18 with Rondo and certainly not w/o him.

Pud

Thanks for agreeing with my post.

Look at Rally C's post where he says the Celtics might be able to beat Miami as an 8th seed. That means he thinks they are a championship contender.

Take it up with him.

Snake, that isn't what I said. I said that my opinion was the best chance the C's had to beat MIAMI was to play them in the first round. That's all. I didn't say they would win a championship, but I also didn't say that they wouldn't. READ SLOWLY, as you said earlier........

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Geez, you sure are reacting like a trained chimp... Youre having a problem backing up your own words quote:

"That doesn't make me happy but it has been frustrating to have so many people act like because of the loss of Rondo this team was going to be a championship contender."

So who are the so many people you're talking about that posted that posted the C's were championship contenders??? Simple enough, stop avoiding the your own statement..

Utterly disingenuous drivel. Classic strawman argument from our fairy tale writer.

A better team... yes. More team oriented.... yes. More balanced and competitive.... yes.

Its been all too clear that the Cs weren't going to win #18 with Rondo and certainly not w/o him.

Pud

Look at Rally C's post where he says the Celtics might be able to beat Miami as an 8th seed. That means he thinks they are a championship contender.

Take it up with him.

Snake, that isn't what I said. I said that my opinion was the best chance the C's had to beat MIAMI was to play them in the first round. That's all. I didn't say they would win a championship, but I also didn't say that they wouldn't. READ SLOWLY, as you said earlier........

Why do people think the word "contender" means that the team would win? A contending team is a team that has a chance.

A contender is a team with a chance to win a championship. Anyone that thinks that the Celtics have a chance to beat the Heat thinks they are a contender to win a championship.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Pud

Take it up with him.

Snake has a habit of putting words in peoples mouth so his posts gain some credibility... According to him, everyone on the planet said the Celtics would sweep to the NBA title... everyone except him , of course.. He was able to side step the mass hysteria (as he puts it) and think rationally..  According to his math, the C's are 0-10 since ROndos injury because all the 16 wins were abberations...

One more thing, going from a 20-23 record to 16-10 isnt much of a change according to the genius lol.. In fact, in Snakes world, thats a worse record because the wins dont really count...

Good luck arguing with this simpleton.... I threw in the towel..lost cause.. Hes right no matter what, only way he see it

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Pud

Take it up with him.

Snake has a habit of putting words in peoples mouth so his posts gain some credibility... According to him, everyone on the planet said the Celtics would sweep to the NBA title... everyone except him , of course.. He was able to side step the mass hysteria (as he puts it) and think rationally..  According to his math, the C's are 0-10 since ROndos injury because all the 16 wins were abberations...

One more thing, going from a 20-23 record to 16-10 isnt much of a change according to the genius lol.. In fact, in Snakes world, thats a worse record because the wins dont really count...

Good luck arguing with this simpleton.... I threw in the towel..lost cause.. Hes right no matter what, only way he see it

Actually the problem is you have a hard time understanding things Karl.

First of all  you say that I   said "everyone on the planet said the Celtics would sweep to the NBa title except me" You made that up.  why you made that up I have no idea, and honestly I don't care.

Secondly I think the team has been playing better since Rondo's injury. I don't know why you keep thinking I don't. It must be that problem you have understanding things I guess.

Third it is quite a difference going from 20-23 to 16-10. This thread was about despite the 16-10 record, the Celtics are just 9-10 over their last 19 and are not playing well.

Do you disagree with anything I said above Karl? of course you don't you just didn't understand my post and as much as I try to help your little brain grasp it, you still don't get it.

I am sorry you are still struggling to understand what I am saying.  I understand your anger. It must be hard to not understand things.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

The following is a dumbed down post for Karllost. Forgive me everyone else who knew what I was saying all along.

The Celtics have been playing better since Rondo has been hurt.

Some people got really excited when the Celtics went 7 and 0 right after the injury.

Now the Celtics have gone 9 and 10 over the last 19.

They have come back down to earth.

Whether or not the Celtics have Rondo this team is mediocre.

My apologies to everyone else. Karl needed me to do that. He has been grumpy all day because he gets confused.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Pud

Take it up with him.

First of all  you say that I   said "everyone on the planet said the Celtics would sweep to the NBa title except me" You made that up.  why you made that up I have no idea, and honestly I don't care.

Secondly I think the team has been playing better since Rondo's injury. I don't know why you keep thinking I don't. It must be that problem you have understanding things I guess.

Third it is quite a difference going from 20-23 to 16-10. This thread was about despite the 16-10 record, the Celtics are just 9-10 over their last 19 and are not playing well.

Do you disagree with anything I said above Karl? of course you don't you just didn't understand my post and as much as I try to help your little brain grasp it, you still don't get it.

I am sorry you are still struggling to understand what I am saying.  I understand your anger. It must be hard to not understand things.

Your responses are getting longer  and longer and more frequent..did I hit a nerve? 

Youve backpeddled so much off your original claims that I cant even take you seriously.. I was gone for several hours but I see you been staring at this thread waiting to respond...

you care, thats precious

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Pud

Take it up with him.

Your responses are getting longer  and longer and more frequent..did I hit a nerve? 

Youve backpeddled so much off your original claims that I cant even take you seriously.. I was gone for several hours but I see you been staring at this thread waiting to respond...

you care, thats precious

You are really an odd dude. I have no idea what you are so angry about.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Pud

Take it up with him.

you care, thats precious

What were my original claims my angry friend?

Were you talking about when I said it had nothing to do with Rondo and then you got mad and kept talking about Rondo? 

I work freelance friend. I have been on the computer all day long..  Some days I am not on the computer all day long.

You thinking I hang out here all waiting for you to respond? 

that is adorable.  Sorry everyone I have to post this again. Karl still cant understand.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Pud

Take it up with him.

Why do people think the word "contender" means that the team would win? A contending team is a team that has a chance.

A contender is a team with a chance to win a championship. Anyone that thinks that the Celtics have a chance to beat the Heat thinks they are a contender to win a championship.

Snake, If what you say here is true then ANY team who makes the playoffs is a "contender" by virtue of the 82-game emilination tournament known as the regular season. So why do you categorize the C's as a contender only if they beat MIAMI in a series? That is a given before they beat them, no? OK, We all know it is possible for a team to win a first round series and still not be a serious conteder for the championship. We see it all the time in sports. My focus was simply on the potential 1st round series and not about the guantlet of a run to a championship. I understand what you are saying, but you are streatching the situation a bit.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

The only teams that are not contenders are those that don't make the playoffs.

All the others have a chance. Do I think the celts will win 3 series to get to the finals? No.

But there's always a chance and that's what makes it fun. At least for me.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

[QUOTE]

If Garnett is for some reason out for a couple of weeks we could slip out of the playoffs altogether.  Five games in seven nights next week.

[QUOTE]

It's very unlikely that the Celtics will miss the playoffs. They are 9 games ahead of the Sixers, each team has 13 games left.

Sections
Shortcuts