If we all knew it was a multi year rebuild...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

If we all knew it was a multi year rebuild...

.. then why all the surprise and consternation?  

We have multiple #1 picks and good young talent; relax.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Re: If we all knew it was a multi year rebuild...

Some of us are old

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

That's because there are only a few who believe this is a multi-year rebuild.

Some here are saying the Celts can be contenders in 18 months after losing KG and Pierce.

I even heard someone saying the Celts will be contenders by 2016.

The ones who believe this is a multi-year rebuild, I myself included, are the minority.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to billge's comment:

Some of us are old

If you're old then you're lucky to have witnessed the Celtic championships of the 60s, 70s, 80s, and 2008.

That's why I set a goal.

If the Celts win Banner 18, mission accomplished.

Anything beyond 18 will be a bonus.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

In response to FierceBrand's comment:

Some here are saying the Celts can be contenders in 18 months after losing KG and Pierce.

The ones who believe this is a multi-year rebuild, I myself included, are the minority.

Me too.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

Hopefully playoff in 2016.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to CeltsFanInNH's comment:

Agree.

I think the Celts will be in the playoff hunt by 2015-16.

But if the Celts get Kevin Love then the Celts will be in the playoffs this coming season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Cmon guys no one is expecting #18 this year or next. What we are looking for is progress in a very weak Eastern Conference. Remember THIS was suppose to be a deep draft. I would've like to have seen us get 4 players out of this draft verses 2 players. In a deep draft not to move up/down or pick up another pick is disappointing. This is why I'm all in for the Love deal.

Why do we HAVE to be bad for 3-4 years. Who says that's the only way to rebuild? We aren't starting for nothing we have assets. 

You can't have it both ways. You can't say we are going to stink for 3-4 years and then say we have good players that are learning. By the time they all learn they will be RFA or FAs. Either they are showing promise or we need better players and all I'm saying is we need better players.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Agree.

I think the Celts will be in the playoff hunt by 2015-16.

But if the Celts get Kevin Love then the Celts will be in the playoffs this coming season.

Exactly!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

Cmon guys no one is expecting #18 this year or next. What we are looking for is progress in a very weak Eastern Conference. Remember THIS was suppose to be a deep draft. I would've like to have seen us get 4 players out of this draft verses 2 players. In a deep draft not to move up/down or pick up another pick is disappointing. This is why I'm all in for the Love deal.

Why do we HAVE to be bad for 3-4 years. Who says that's the only way to rebuild? We aren't starting for nothing we have assets. 

You can't have it both ways. You can't say we are going to stink for 3-4 years and then say we have good players that are learning. By the time they all learn they will be RFA or FAs. Either they are showing promise or we need better players and all I'm saying is we need better players.

Other NBA teams are not in the business of helping the Boston Celtics win championships.

Just because Ainge, the owner, and Celtic fans want a trade to happen, that doesn't mean other NBA teams will oblige.

And in case you didn't know, Ainge was trying to get another pick on draft night.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

Exactly!

But you can't force the Wolves to trade Love to Boston.

Again, it's not like Ainge is not trying.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ktronic. Show ktronic's posts

Exactly!

It's just like any other job. Got to get it done! He's trying but apparently it hasn't been good enough. No excuses. He must make something happen! It's his job.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

In response to ktronic's comment:

Exactly!

It's just like any other job. Got to get it done! He's trying but apparently it hasn't been good enough. No excuses. He must make something happen! It's his job.

Yep I agree. You can't collect 9 #1 picks and then expect to use all of them. Again we have assets. No one is saying sell the farm but we have picks, expiring deals, TPE, NG Contracts and young players. It's not like we are old and have no way to get a deal done.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

The Celtics are NOT getting Lovey Dovey...build the old fashioned way...have faith and patience

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I have a couple of appointments now, but later on tonight I will post a thread about the rebuild.

For right now - nibble on this:

We need to climb over one team in the East at a time.  IF James goes to CLE, we are better than MIA.

IF Melo goes to the lakers, we are better than the Knicks

3 Eastern teams had multiple picks - BOS, PHI and ORL.  Who got the better players?  Time will tell, but all indications are that Gordon and Payton will struggle, while Saric and Embiid won't even play.  So, we should be better than, at least PHI.  We may be better than CHA..........and if not now, then a year from now, we will be better than BKN.

One team at a time, one player at a time.  With LeBron, CLE, WAS, CHI and IND are the 4 best teams.  After that, it's a crap shoot!

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

People are already down on Smart after the second summer league game.  Not to say that Smart will definitely pan out but I hear rumbling about Ainge has got to do something or anything soon, a shade of Billups and Joe Johnson all over again.  Ainge is not that short-sighted.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to scubber's comment:

People are already down on Smart after the second summer league game.  Not to say that Smart will definitely pan out but I hear rumbling about Ainge has got to do something or anything soon, a shade of Billups and Joe Johnson all over again.  Ainge is not that short-sighted.

Bingo!

And they said I was crazy for thinking this rebuild could take 5-10 years.

HAHAHA

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

I am down on Smart and I don't think Ainge has to do anything soon. The two things are not mutually exclusive. One can recognize that the rebuild can be slow and still not be happy with one particular draft pick.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

In response to sycophant123's comment:

I am down on Smart and I don't think Ainge has to do anything soon. The two things are not mutually exclusive. One can recognize that the rebuild can be slow and still not be happy with one particular draft pick.

Not that I singled you out.  I was wrong many times in the past on certain players thinking they are no good at first and vice versa.  You are entitled to your opinion and your instinct about things but this is way too early to judge a player, I believe.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

Not that I singled you out.  I was wrong many times in the past on certain players thinking they are no good at first and vice versa.  You are entitled to your opinion and your instinct about things but this is way too early to judge a player, I believe.

Everyone is judging him. Some people just judge him higher than others. Believe me I have been wrong before, and I will be again. I just don't see how his game translates into being an elite NBA player. I see him being a decent starter, possibly.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

Everyone is judging him. Some people just judge him higher than others. Believe me I have been wrong before, and I will be again. I just don't see how his game translates into being an elite NBA player. I see him being a decent starter, possibly.

Did you see Chauncey as an elite NBA player? Were you upset when he was traded?  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

Did you see Chauncey as an elite NBA player? Were you upset when he was traded?  

yes, yes.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

If Smart has a rookie season where he averages 11 points and 4 assists a game, which is what Billups did I would be very happy.

I said in another thread I could see Smart averaging 12 points and 5 assists a game.

I don't know what is wrong with people around here, I say I think Smart will be "decent" but not that good and people get upset.

It's funny.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

Well if you get a decent starter out of a six pick, that is probably about average. Also probably what we should expect out of Marcus.  He is basically Bradley except he can pass and finish in traffic. So a top average of 12-14pts, and 5 or 6 assists while being a contender for second team All-Defense is a pretty good bet.  

He's fiery and fun to watch as well, so I don't see why anyone should be upset if that's what he turned into.  Hopefully he will end up being the third best player we Draft during this rebuild. And in that case I feel like he is perfect in that role. 

I'm hoping we can get a dynamic SF in next years draft, then in 2016 the big fish, Thon Maker, will be the next Celtic HOFer that leads them to multiple years of contention. Farfetched, I know. A man can dream.

http://youtu.be/BTQxfvHHvIQ" rel="nofollow">http://youtu.be/BTQxfvHHvIQ

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Looks like a 20+ year rebuild through the draft, the guys we will be able to draft will not be alpha dogs unless we get lucky, and the guys on our team are medium at best in the NBA.  WE have not acquired a player that can score under pressure, so we are headed for the bottom next year and for the next 20 years are so.  Please forget about all the picks we have , they are useless , unless used in a trade for an established player.

Sections
Shortcuts