If we can't get Shaq, Kwame, Rudy looks to be out of the picture and Sheed retires; anyone else have any ideas?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SteveStigmatic. Show SteveStigmatic's posts

If we can't get Shaq, Kwame, Rudy looks to be out of the picture and Sheed retires; anyone else have any ideas?

Reports and rumors have Shaq not to pleased with signing for the minimum, some reports even have him tied with going to Europe for one last $10M deal. Perhaps time is in order, but it is seeming more and more likely Shaq will slowly fade away from Boston talks.

Kwame is the same type of case, he is younger but has probably played past his prime. His only flash of brilliance came in 03-04 where he averaged 10 and 7, now for whatever reason he is demanding more the minimum and the Celtics aren't biting (which is good, IMO).

Then there was the rumor of Rudy, after signing Wafer does anyone actually think this deal could go down?

Sheed hasn't officially announced anything but does anyone believe he will sign on for another season?

With all that said, so far the Celtics have kept the Big three intact, signed J. O'neal, resigned most of the bench minus Tony Allen and the new additions of Wafer and some rookies.

Since none of our offers seem to be luring anyone, does anyone see any other free agent worth signing?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Re: If we can't get Shaq, Kwame, Rudy looks to be out of the picture and Sheed retires; anyone else have any ideas?

What about Earl Barron? with the knicks?  He played PF last year but he is a 7 footer. scored about 12 points with 11 rebounds a game in limited duty. He is under 30. When they played us late last year he got a double  double with 18 rebounds. Only played about 10 games though last year. So who knows. 

Anthony Tolliver is still left. He is undersized at 6' 9'' but he scored 11 a game with 7 rpg

Louis Amunddson From the suns. he is undersized at 6' 9'' as well, but a good hustle player.
    Played well against the Lakers.

After that things get slim.

Rasho Nesterovic
    DJ Mbenga
    etan thomas,
    Joe smith. 

I'm not sure how it works, but I assume Danny can trade Sheed's contract once he officially retires. might get a better player that way. Better than the free agents left anyway.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Re: If we can't get Shaq, Kwame, Rudy looks to be out of the picture and Sheed retires; anyone else have any ideas?

Hi Steve: You did not mention the C's biggest additon this summer being J. O'neal. 
        As far as adding another big, I haven't any other ideas aside from the often talked Shaq and K. Brown.
        Etan Thomas is a good possibility that we haven't talked much about. Maybe it's because he injured this past season if I recall correctly. His stats indicate that he's a good shot blocker and rebounder. He's got center size @6'10 and 260 lbs.
       Nesterovic is a possibility, but he's been around for a long time. I wonder how much he has left.
         Joe Smith can still play, but the C's need a backup center, not a power forward. I haven't seen much of Mbenga, except for him sitting on the Lakers bench.
       Sheed's contract seems to be becoming a remote possibility.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

Nesterovic signed with Olympiacos in Greece. Tolliver want a decent contract with multiple years so you can count him out too.

However I like the idea of Earl Barron.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SteveStigmatic. Show SteveStigmatic's posts

I can't remember where I read it but I rememeber Joe Smith seemed to indicate that he wanted to be brought on half way during the season due to his age. He would be a nice addition half way during the season, since Boston always seems to sign someone half way during the season

However the Earl Barron ideal seems decent after averaging 11 and 11 but..that was for only 7 games with the Knicks, I mean even Bill Walker had a good season with the Knicks and he did little for us in our system. Someone had to score the points... Barron is iffy though, who knows maybe he'll break through.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PACelt. Show PACelt's posts

I'd be ok with Barron or Boone.  I'd also go for Jarvis Hayes to back up the 3.

PG - Rondo, Robinson
    SG - Allen, Wafer, Bradley
    SF - Pierce, Daniels, Hayes
    PF - KG, BBD, Harangody, Erden
    C -  Perk, JO, Barron or Boone

I'd ditch Erden and sign both Barron AND Boone.

The rookies play in the D League until needed to fill out the roster.

PA

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregoBoston. Show GregoBoston's posts

Another idea...wait for the World Championships.  Every single time, a great player comes out of that competition and gets himself a spot in the NBA.  I like the Lithuanian big guys.  They have contracts in Europe but you never know.  The Knicks got Mozgov for peanuts. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Could it be the Celtics have to wait on Rasheed to finally decide if he is retiring?  This would explain the Celtics not moving forward with a decision the past weeks.  Remember Sheed can come back if he wants he has two years left.  I have given up wondering when they will act.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Watch the Bruins.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toineson. Show toineson's posts

In Response to Re: If we can't get Shaq, Kwame, Rudy looks to be out of the picture and Sheed retires; anyone else have any ideas?:
    Hi Steve: You did not mention the C's biggest additon this summer being J. O'neal.      As far as adding another big, I haven't any other ideas aside from the often talked Shaq and K. Brown.     Etan Thomas is a good possibility that we haven't talked much about. Maybe it's because he injured this past season if I recall correctly. His stats indicate that he's a good shot blocker and rebounder. He's got center size @6'10 and 260 lbs.    Nesterovic is a possibility, but he's been around for a long time. I wonder how much he has left.      Joe Smith can still play, but the C's need a backup center, not a power forward. I haven't seen much of Mbenga, except for him sitting on the Lakers bench.    Sheed's contract seems to be becoming a remote possibility.
    Posted by mem17

Mem17--I realize this thread entertains the "what if we don't get Shaq or Kwame possibility", but let's assume that we do get one or the other.... If that's the case, then we should not rule out the important need for another backup forward.  Come playoff time we would already have 3 quality centers--Perkins, Shaq, and J.O..... But if one or more of them gets hurt (which wouldn't be a surprise), then KG would have to slide over to play more center minutes, which means we would need another backup forward for Big Baby, essentially a repeat of last season.  And on the game 7 stage, personally I'm not a fan of the idea of a Gaffney or Harangody or Sims or Erden having to be out there for even 30 seconds.  Experience counts here..... So to fill that 14th or 15th man utility forward spot, I would examine...

Louis Amundson (can we get him for the minimum?)
    Earl Barron (interesting, but keep in mind the stat inflation with Mike D's system)
    Joe Smith (why was Atlanta more interested in Josh Powell?)
    Anthony Tolliver (MichBelgium correctly notes that he'll either go to GS or MN)
    Antoine Walker (try and be objective people, Jermaine O'Neal is worth more than Toine because he plays center, but there's no damn way he's worth 5 times more.... see the "BRING BACK TOINE" thread for more details). 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from HarryMangurian. Show HarryMangurian's posts

Kyrylo Fesenko? Esteban Batista?Nick Fazekas? Toine? Primoz Brezec?

Sections
Shortcuts