If we could get Rudy then.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RondoIsHustle. Show RondoIsHustle's posts

If we could get Rudy then.....

We should try to trade him with New York for Wilson Chandler(they were ofering him to get rudy)

What do you think?

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/68849/20100826/celtics_looking_at_possible_fernandez_trade/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: If we could get Rudy then.....

The salary cap won't allow the Celtics to get Wilson Chandler and his 2.1m. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RondoIsHustle. Show RondoIsHustle's posts

In Response to Re: If we could get Rudy then.....:
    The salary cap won't allow the Celtics to get Wilson Chandler and his 2.1m. 
    Posted by P34

I know the salary dont match,but it´s a little diference.
    I´m sure if DA get Rudy and the NY still willing to trade Chandler for Rudy they will figure out.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: If we could get Rudy then..... : Good Post! How bout a trade? We still have Laf/Gaf and Davis available. Tell us more about how Davis is irreplaceable. Maybe you've changed your mind since PP is getting anxious for a backup. I think he is untouchable this late in the game unless a Godfather offer comes our way.
    Posted by Mployee8

The Celtics can live without a backup SF but can't live without BBD backing up KG. You're going back and forth regarding trading BBD. When people here say BBD shouldn't be traded you will say that you agree with them. But when there are BBD trade rumors swirling around the net you immediately jump on the bandwagon. 

Last month you said Tolliver would be the ideal backup PF if BBD was traded. Since he's not available anymore I hope you're not still hoping that Josh Boone would become a Celtic. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: If we could get Rudy then..... : I know the salary dont match,but it´s a little diference. I´m sure if DA get Rudy and the NY still willing to trade Chandler for Rudy they will figure out.
    Posted by RondoIsHustle

Don't count on it. The only player the Celtics can trade right now is BBD. I don't think trading your best rebounder and backup PF for a marijuana smoking SF is worth it. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: If we could get Rudy then..... : No I'm not ... if we could get good value for him and another player at his position (assuming the player he was traded for was a SF) to replace him, I'm all for it. My point is, at this point the Tollivers of the world are all signed so it's almost impossible to use him as trade bait now for that SF unless we were to get back a SF and PF which is doubtful. And with most of the decent FA PF's signed there isn't much available to replace him at this point unless somebody decent is cut after training camps.
    Posted by Mployee8

What I don't understand is why do you want to trade BBD, a PF, for a backup SF when a big man is more important than a wing player. BBD is KG's backup and last year's best rebounder. I think he's more valuable than any backup SF out there. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: If we could get Rudy then..... : I think PP is on the downside and we will witness his aging fairly rapidly. Therefore it is imperative that we have a decent backup to save his aging legs and provide more days off as needed.  I think with Shaq at Center we have enough at PF with JON and KG. When JON is at Center that is the only time we will be weak at PF with KG and possibly Luke should Davis be traded. When Perk comes back (provided he's close to 100%) then we have Shaq & Perk at center with KG and JON at PF. So we are only weak at PF until Perk returns and JON has to play both C/PF. I think given those circumstances we'd be more competitive with a creditable SF or SF/PF behind PP than worrying about the backup at PF when we have two guys there already (KG/JON). Amundson and even Joe Smith could provide enough given an affective SF backup should we need to trade Davis to get that SF. So it's a matter of priorities .... I think SF is more important and you think BBD is more important than overplaying PP it seems ... somewhat surprising coming from a guy sporting a PP image for his moniker. 
    Posted by Mployee8

What you're saying is the Celtics need a new SF, not a backup SF. I now understand why you want another SF. The fact that Ainge gave Pierce a 4-year extension means that they still believe in Pierce's abilities. 

The Celtics don't need a SF controversy, like a QB controversy in the NFL. Whether we like it or not Pierce, Ray, and KG will still average at least 30 minutes per game. If you do the math that leaves the backups with only 18 minutes of playing time. 

I don't think this is the time to be thinking that we need another SF because Pierce is in the decline. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RondoIsHustle. Show RondoIsHustle's posts

In Response to Re: If we could get Rudy then..... : What I don't understand is why do you want to trade BBD, a PF, for a backup SF when a big man is more important than a wing player. BBD is KG's backup and last year's best rebounder. I think he's more valuable than any backup SF out there. 
    Posted by P34

I never said i WANT to trade BBD,but if this would make our team better i would
    do it in a heartbeat.
    And i DO think wilson chandler would make our team better.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: If we could get Rudy then..... : I never said i WANT to trade BBD,but if this would make our team better i would do it in a heartbeat. And i DO think wilson chandler would make our team better.
    Posted by RondoIsHustle

The only way the Celtics will get a guy like Chandler is by trading BBD. Do you think the Celtics will be a better team if they traded BBD for Chandler?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoCalCeltFan. Show SoCalCeltFan's posts

Face it folks, DAinge and Doc have got to roll the dice with MDaniels as back up small forward behind Pierce. If he plays up to his capabilities, and doesn't get hurt, he's a fine bench player. Bringing in a malcontent like Fernandez is NOT the answer for the Celts. Let him go back to Europe and average 8.9 pts per game against other Euro trash players!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RondoIsHustle. Show RondoIsHustle's posts

We also have to look how the MELO TRADE will end.
    Look at this article

http://www.bostoncelticsreport.com/2010/08/boston-celtics-danny-ainge-keeping-his-eyes-on-denver.html/

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

P34 & Mployee8    mployee8 & P34 (neither is first or both are first - I'm not adding to this craziness).

Here we go again ----- can you two kiss and make up and stick to bball instead of jabbing at each other?  Please, no more "but he said..blah, blah, blah"; get past it already. Fact: people have different views, and they can agree to disagree without continually watching every nuance in every word that the other writes - and people do change their minds form time to time and shouldn't be castigated for it.  The last thing one can do is change another person.  Maybe neither of you is/has been married; you can't change a spouse, you can only alter your own responses to certain stimuli.  Well-adjusted adults don't bother doing this.  No one cares if you're right or wrong because this is just a discussion board and nothing comes of it - no one gets traded, re-signed, or cut because of what is written by us armchair types.A free exchange of ideas is not reserved for universities, but also works quite well in the real world, as well.     

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I am not sold on Rudy Fernandez.  In watching the World Championships, he appears very soft.  He shows no strength.  He looks very light and doesn't appear to play ANY defense.

I hear he is a shooter but, honestly, I'm not seeing that.  Seems that he wants to be a highlight player.  Shows no sound fundamentals for the game. I know, I know, it's only international play.

I seriously question his ability to guard anyone with any strength.  I can see why he makes only $1 million.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: If we could get Rudy then..... : I never said any such thing though I'm sure it's on Danny's list of "Things to do before 2013." I certainly hope so, anyway, don't you?!?! The only controversy is your inability to comprehend basic English ... are you an immigrant or a byproduct of the public school system? Seriously ...
    Posted by Mployee8

You said it yourself that Pierce is on the decline, that you would prefer another SF like Wilson Chandler as an insurance policy. Do you think that Wilson Chandler will be happy with 16-18 minuters per game of playing time? 

Every time someone disagrees with what you're saying you resort to name calling or insults. You have something against immigrants or the public school system? 

It's pretty obvious that you have issues. You're typical of someone insecure. Oh yeah, I forgot, you're overweight or fat for short. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: If we could get Rudy then..... : I think PP is on the downside and we will witness his aging fairly rapidly. Therefore it is imperative that we have a decent backup to save his aging legs and provide more days off as needed.  I think with Shaq at Center we have enough at PF with JON and KG. When JON is at Center that is the only time we will be weak at PF with KG and possibly Luke should Davis be traded. When Perk comes back (provided he's close to 100%) then we have Shaq & Perk at center with KG and JON at PF. So we are only weak at PF until Perk returns and JON has to play both C/PF. I think given those circumstances we'd be more competitive with a creditable SF or SF/PF behind PP than worrying about the backup at PF when we have two guys there already (KG/JON). Amundson and even Joe Smith could provide enough given an affective SF backup should we need to trade Davis to get that SF. So it's a matter of priorities .... I think SF is more important and you think BBD is more important than overplaying PP it seems ... somewhat surprising coming from a guy sporting a PP image for his moniker. 
    Posted by Mployee8

Am I lying when I say that don't believe in Pierce's abilities anymore? The mere fact that you want Wilson Chandler is an indication of not having confidence in Pierce getting the job done anymore. Wilson Chandler is a starter, he's better than TA and he certainly will not settle for 16-18 minutes per game. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: If we could get Rudy then..... : I never said any such thing though I'm sure it's on Danny's list of "Things to do before 2013." I certainly hope so, anyway, don't you?!?! The only controversy is your inability to comprehend basic English ... are you an immigrant or a byproduct of the public school system? Seriously ...
    Posted by Mployee8

Before you go out hating on immigrants and the public school system you should first look at yourself in the mirror. Does your insecurity stem from the fact that you're fat? If that's the case why don't you go to the gym and exercise. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ray2424. Show ray2424's posts

I am not sold on Rudy Fernandez.  In watching the World Championships, he appears very soft.  He shows no strength.  He looks very light and doesn't appear to play ANY defense. I hear he is a shooter but, honestly, I'm not seeing that.  Seems that he wants to be a highlight player.  Shows no sound fundamentals for the game. I know, I know, it's only international play. I seriously question his ability to guard anyone with any strength.  I can see why he makes only $1 million.
    Posted by Petey62

Your right! I'm not sold on Rudy Fernandez either. He's possibly a good shooter but he can't do anything else very well, especially play DEFENSE. I don't think he's a good pick up at all. Kobe will kill him if Celtics and Lakers meet up again in the finals. If he plays point guard, Steve Blake or even D-Fish will handle him. Not worth it!!! We need more defensive players for the point guard and shooting guard position.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

We only need someone who can shoot.  We have enough people for D.  I really believe Bradley will help us.  But we still need a backup to PP

Sections
Shortcuts