If we could get Rudy then.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

Re: If we could get Rudy then.....

In Response to Re: If we could get Rudy then.....:
    A tease for those still hoping: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxFTc-Su2GI From Oregonlive.com: "Can Blazers GM Rich Cho get something done with Fernandez in five weeks? Cho has said repeatedly that he will only do a deal that is in the best interests of the Blazers, absolutely the correct stance to take. And Fernandez's frustrations aren't necessarily going to end with a trade. As Evans Clinchy writes on NESN.com, if Fernandez goes to Boston, one of his desired destinations, his role could be just as limited as he thinks it is with the Blazers." True, but only temporarily ... should he pan out he'd be the go to guy behind RA and/or PP after this year so there is a light at the end of the tunnel unlike the one in Portland.
    Posted by Mployee8

Sorry to say Rudy would never be the go-to guy for the Celtics!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

heirplan, I agree, Rudy would never be a go-to guy for the Celtics.  On the contrary, I just haven't seen much from him.  Honestly, I've never seen a game in which he got hot and did anything significant.  He's an NBA player for Spain and, honestly, he's about the 5th or 6th best player that I've seen on their team.

When you look at the defense Pierce plays on a player like Lebron and the defense Ray plays on a guy like Kobe, I just don't see Rudy as a viable backup to either of these guys.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KB24RULZ. Show KB24RULZ's posts

heirplan, I agree, Rudy would never be a go-to guy for the Celtics.  On the contrary, I just haven't seen much from him.  Honestly, I've never seen a game in which he got hot and did anything significant.  He's an NBA player for Spain and, honestly, he's about the 5th or 6th best player that I've seen on their team. When you look at the defense Pierce plays on a player like Lebron and the defense Ray plays on a guy like Kobe, I just don't see Rudy as a viable backup to either of these guys.
    Posted by Petey62

KB24 averaged 28.6 points a game against Boston in the Finals. You call that defense by Ray?? KB24's average in the regular season was 26 so where is this mythical defense by ray??

As for wheelchair's defense against LBJ, laughable. I won't use stats again to shut you down as the posts I've seen you make speak volumes about your knowledge about basketball!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

In Response to Re: If we could get Rudy then..... : KB24 averaged 28.6 points a game against Boston in the Finals. You call that defense by Ray?? KB24's average in the regular season was 26 so where is this mythical defense by ray?? As for wheelchair's defense against LBJ, laughable. I won't use stats again to shut you down as the posts I've seen you make speak volumes about your knowledge about basketball!!
    Posted by KB24RULZ

I am not going to get into a back and forth with you.  You watched the Finals and you saw how extremely hard Kobe worked to get his.  Other than the 3rd quarter in one of those games (don't remember the game number), Kobe got the majority of his points because he shot so much.  His shooting percentage was horrible but you call it what you want.

As for the regular season, he played in one of the two games and it took a difficult shot in the final seconds to bring home the Laker win.  Let's not argue over this.  If you feel Kobe dominated and you dismiss the defense played on him by Ray and Tony Allen, then believe what you believe.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KB24RULZ. Show KB24RULZ's posts

In Response to Re: If we could get Rudy then..... : I am not going to get into a back and forth with you.  You watched the Finals and you saw how extremely hard Kobe worked to get his.  Other than the 3rd quarter in one of those games (don't remember the game number), Kobe got the majority of his points because he shot so much.  His shooting percentage was horrible but you call it what you want. As for the regular season, he played in one of the two games and it took a difficult shot in the final seconds to bring home the Laker win.  Let's not argue over this.  If you feel Kobe dominated and you dismiss the defense played on him by Ray and Tony Allen, then believe what you believe.
    Posted by Petey62

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CZGXOhVBio&feature=fvsr

Says it all about rays defense (or total lack of!)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: If we could get Rudy then..... : Before you go out hating on immigrants and the public school system you should first look at yourself in the mirror. Does your insecurity stem from the fact that you're fat? If that's the case why don't you go to the gym and exercise. 
    Posted by P34

You two get along like the original Pierce and Walker.
    Or Martin and Lewis
    Or Shaq and koME
    Or Simon and Garfunkel!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

In Response to Re: If we could get Rudy then..... : You two get along like the original Pierce and Walker. Or Martin and Lewis Or Shaq and koME Or Simon and Garfunkel!
    Posted by hedleylamarr

I got a good laugh from this reply.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: If we could get Rudy then..... : Sorry, I disagree ... he could easily be RA's replacement after being his understudy for a year. If you think Allen was so good defensively then you won't be disappointed in Rudy in a year after being indoctrinated into the system. That said, I'm still intrigued with J Hayes ... I don't know where Fierce gets the idea that I want Chandler.
    Posted by Mployee8

Then put on record who do you think will get traded for BBD. Since you think the SF position is more of a concern than keeping BBD then who do you think will get traded for BBD? 

If you have been watching the FIBA World Championships then you must know that right now Fernandez is only worth a 2nd round pick. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: If we could get Rudy then..... : I never said any such thing though I'm sure it's on Danny's list of "Things to do before 2013." I certainly hope so, anyway, don't you?!?! The only controversy is your inability to comprehend basic English ... are you an immigrant or a byproduct of the public school system? Seriously ...
    Posted by Mployee8

That statement CLEARLY STATES that if a person is an immigrant or is a byproduct of the public school system then he or she is not as "comprehensive" as regular Americans or people that attend private schools. It only shows that you look down on immigrants and people from public schools. Discrimination is what it is.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: If we could get Rudy then..... : I never said any such thing though I'm sure it's on Danny's list of "Things to do before 2013." I certainly hope so, anyway, don't you?!?! The only controversy is your inability to comprehend basic English ... are you an immigrant or a byproduct of the public school system? Seriously ...
    Posted by Mployee8

Seiously, as a high school teacher in a public school, I am offended by this comment.

"We am not al stoopid."

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

KB24 averaged 28.6 points a game against Boston in the Finals. You call that defense by Ray?? KB24's average in the regular season was 26 so where is this mythical defense by ray??

Let's look at bit inside the numbers.  Bryant's FG% vs the C's in the Finals was 40.5% / 3pt% 3.2%,in the regular season it was 45.6% / 3pt% 3.7%.  Vs Pheonix it was 52.1% / 3pt% 4.3%, Utah 52.3% / 3pt% 2.5% and vs OKC 40.8%/4.3%. 

Clearly Bryant put up more shots, far less (5% less) effectively to get more points.  That points to the excellent defensive effort put forth by RA. OKC also was effective vs Bryant. Bryant was able to light up inferior defensive squads from PHO and Utah

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

croc, thanks for backing up my point with the numbers.  KB24RULZ just puts up some PPG numbers like that's all that matters.  He appears to be well-informed so he should agree that the stats YOU add show Kobe worked hard/struggled and was not as "Kobe-esque" in the Finals.  The funny thing is that we all saw the Finals and it was obvious, regardless of statistics, that Ray and Tony Allen did an admirable job on him.

But again, this thread is about Rudy.

Mployee8, Rudy could be Ray's understudy for a year.  However, I truly believe Von Wafer can be that too.  We need someone who can score but, more important, someone who can back up Pierce from a defensive standpoint.  PP worked really hard and was a solid defensive man on man defender.  With Bradley, Nate and Wafer providing some scoring punch off the bench, I'm not so sure Marquis can be that backup to PP.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: If we could get Rudy then..... : I wasn't talking about people in general ... I was talking to YOU , as you prove my point that you don't read to understand but read to judge. Only an immigrant who doesn't understand the English language or a native (not meant to be perceived as Indian) who went (or failed to show up) to public school and apply themselves exhibits the poor reading comprehension as displayed by you over and over and over ... It's discrimination against your poor judgement of other peoples' writing ... PERIOD!!!
    Posted by Mployee8

posted at 9/1/2010 9:59 AM EDT
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=9db3c87664865e2a06b777d116cf14b3&plckUserId=9db3c87664865e2a06b777d116cf14b3">
    First: 1/16/2010
    Last: 9/1/2010
    In Response to Re: If we could get Rudy then.....:
    In Response to Re: If we could get Rudy then..... : I never said any such thing though I'm sure it's on Danny's list of "Things to do before 2013." I certainly hope so, anyway, don't you?!?! The only controversy is your inability to comprehend basic English ... are you an immigrant or a byproduct of the public school system? Seriously ...
    Posted by Mployee8

Seiously, as a high school teacher in a public school, I am offended by this comment.

"We am not al stoopid."

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: If we could get Rudy then..... : I wasn't talking about people in general ... I was talking to YOU , as you prove my point that you don't read to understand but read to judge. Only an immigrant who doesn't understand the English language or a native (not meant to be perceived as Indian) who went (or failed to show up) to public school and apply themselves exhibits the poor reading comprehension as displayed by you over and over and over ... It's discrimination against your poor judgement of other peoples' writing ... PERIOD!!!
    Posted by Mployee8

Stop trying to wiggle your way out of trouble. Even Hedley got offended by what you said. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to: Then put on record who do you think will get traded for BBD. Since you think the SF position is more of a concern than keeping BBD then who do you think will get traded for BBD?  If you have been watching theIBA World Championships then you must know that right now Fernandez is only worth a 2nd round pick. Posted by P34
    You want me to pick a SF out of all the players in the league that might be traded for BBD? You're Delonte West, right? I'm not Danny Ainge and I never said the C's would trade BBD for Rudy. Rudy could be had for Gaffney & Lafayette with a draft pick ... 2nd or first, doesn't make much difference if you think the C's come in 1st or 2nd in the East. BBD would only be a part of an expanded trade if Portland put another player in the pot.
    Posted by Mployee8

Name calling again? Look in the mirror and you might find similarities between yourself and Mike Sweetney. 

In case you didn't hear Delonte West will sign with the Celtics today. So much for your Rudy Fernandez being Ray Allen's understudy.

• This post has been removed.

• This post has been removed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: If we could get Rudy then..... : Trouble? Even Hedley has a sense of humor ... catch the post script quote? I'm sure Hedley understands that all teachers and students are not created equal ... that said, I will now put you on ignore since you're a waste of time as are your posts.
    Posted by Mployee8

Even if you put me on ignore it still won't change the fact that you look down on immigrants and people that came from the public school system. 

If teachers and students are not created equal then why did you come to the conclusion that I'm either an immigrant or from the public school system? Do you have experience in dealing with immigrants or people from public schools?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Name calling again? Look in the mirror and you might find similarities between yourself and Mike Sweetney.  In case you didn't hear Delonte West will sign with the Celtics today. So much for your Rudy Fernandez being Ray Allen's understudy. Posted by P34
    Ainge is accumulating assets that can be used in a trade later ... doubtful he keeps West, Wafer, Bradley & Nate to backup Rondo & Allen. And again, I said he could be, not would be Allen's understudy ... unbelieveable how caught up you are at trying to discredit other peoples' posts. The Great Fierce has predicted or decreed that the C's will no longer entertain the idea of acquiring Rudy Fernandez. Danny watched the FIBA games and decided that West was his man. Good luck Paul Pierce - pray Marquis Daniels wakes up and thinks it's 2008 all over again.
    Posted by Mployee8

A player that is rumored to be sleeping with his teammate's mom is an asset?

Somone that carries loaded guns in a guitar case is an asset for the CIA maybe.
  •  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Aside from P34 going off the reservation for a little while and calling someone else fat, he pretty much owned this thread. 

I did learn some interesting things: some people think calling someone an immigrant is a funny insult, some people think that Rudy Fernandez can ball even though Petey, one of the smartest posters on this forum by far, annihilated that notion, some people stupidly think that we should trade BBD even though our most likely rivals in the east (Chicago, Orlando, Miami), all have either big bodies we need to match up against or in the case of Miami, one weakness we can exploit if we have the personnel. It's not so much that we don't need a backup for Pierce, sure it would be nice, but shouldn't we hope Daniels can play that role at this point? 

I also learned I'll need to put KB24 on ignore to get through the season, what a horrible addition to the forum this no-life troll is.

• Sections
    Shortcuts