If we could get Rudy then.....

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: If we could get Rudy then.....

The Celtics already have 15 players under contract with the signing of Delonte West. That means Rudy Fernandez is out of the picture. Besides, Delonte is better than Fernandez. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: If we could get Rudy then.....:
    Rudy leads his team in rebounds ... Barn burner today between Spain & Greece ... Rudy had 2 pts in 1st half and ends game with 14 pts as Spain advances.
    Posted by Mployee8

With the signing of Delonte you still think Ainge will trade for Fernandez?

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

some people think that Rudy Fernandez can ball even though Petey , one of the smartest posters on this forum by far, annihilated that notion ... Some people are poor evaluators and can't see the forest for the trees ... others can't form their own opinions and hence the term, the blind following the blind.
    Posted by Mployee8

Just like you saw trees like Josh Boone and Anthony Tolliver. lol

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PACelt. Show PACelt's posts

You guys waste an awful lot of time on someone we don't need.

PA

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

You guys waste an awful lot of time on someone we don't need. PA
    Posted by PACelt

Tell that to Mployee8. He watches every game Fernandez plays in the FIBA World Championship and reports it here on this forum. I think he sees Fernandez as the shroud among trees in the forest. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

By Chris Forsberg on 9/1/2010: Is Danny done making deals? : After signing West on Wednesday, I asked Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge if he could grade his offseason moves, which included signing an astounding 11 players (only Garnett, Davis, Rondo, and Perkins were previously under contract). He wouldn't bite, hesitant to close the window on his offseason dealings. "Once we get to training camp, then I'll address all of the offseason things," said Ainge. "We're still in the offseason." While Ainge has positioned the Celtics well for the 2010-11 season, his bargain signings also offers the Celtics some roster mobility should additional moves need to be made during the season , including if any of these low-risk, high-reward signings don't pan out. The 15 best players : Asked what the addition of West, seemingly maxing out the Boston roster, meant for Gaffney and Lafayette (and any other camp invitees), Ainge said they were still in the mix for opening-day roster spots. "They'll have the chance to compete," said Ainge. "We'll keep the best players." In so many words, Ainge seems to be suggesting that the team is willing to eat a contract (or otherwise maneuver to create space) if a player like Gaffney or Lafayette proves themselves worthy of a spot. and that brings us to the next question Forsberg presented to a panel of bloggers .... who would they cut first? /> /> ... our panelists took some risks, too, pointing to players with trade-friendly contracts like Robinson, Bradley and Glen Davis as potential chips to move later in the season. Those sort of moves would constitute more of a major shakeup, but those types of deals happen too. Just ask Eddie House or J.R. Giddens or Bill Walker . <<   Here's my [Forsberg's] take: Keep an eye on Wafer. The Celtics hope he can rekindle the magic that made him such a valuable asset for the Houston Rockets during the 2008-09 season (9.7 points, 1.8 rebounds, 1.1 assists in 19.4 minutes per game). Wafer should also have a lot to prove amidst questions about his attitude (he was once removed from the Houston bench during a playoff contest after an in-game argument with coach Rick Adelman) and a fizzled attempt to cash in overseas (he was waived by Greek club Olympiakos just four months after inking a two-year, $10 million deal). And then there's this: According to the insanely valuable salary site ShamSports.com , Wafer's contract is only $150,000 guaranteed. For what amounts to pennies of Boston's roughly $80 million roster budget, the Celtics can cut ties with Wafer before the season begins (and just marginally more during the season, as Boston is on the hook for only $854,389 overall). While some on our panel pointed to Erden as most likely to go, I think the Celtics envision him as a project and wouldn't be surprised -- particularly with the depth up front this season -- if he bounces between Maine of the NBDL and the parent squad while honing his skills for NBA competition. Plus his deal is fully guaranteed over two seasons (a sum of around $1.26 million) and that doesn't factor in whatever the team paid to earn his release from his Turkish club. Our panel weighs in with their thoughts below. Brian Robb, CelticsHub (Semih Erden) The front line is easily the deepest position on this roster heading into the season, so if Kendrick Perkins returns on a timely basis Ainge is looking to add one more player midseason for increased depth at the wing, Erden is the most logical fit to be on the chopping block. I don't necessarily expect it to happen, given the guy is on a two-year deal, but if push comes to shove and a roster spot needs to be had, he is probably the guy least likely to help this team the next two years, making him the most expendable. Jay Ouellette, Red's Army (Nate Robinson) This is a tough one. But I have a feeling that Robinson won't last the season. He has a friendly contract for a trade and I doubt he'll be here long term. He may be the player the C's ultimately trade for Rudy Fernandez once his trade restriction expires. Robinson is a Seattle native and I'm sure he wouldn't mind running with his boy Brandon Roy . Jimmy Toscano, CelticsBlog (Oliver Lafayette) I'm going to go with Lafayette here, especially with the signing of West (yes, I cheated and waited until West was signed to answer this question). I still think Lafayette has the talent to be on a team somewhere in the NBA, just not here, at least now. There are too many guys who I would play over him at any point in the game, I just don't see it happening for Ollie here. Now, if we're talking bigger names and trades here, I can see Davis or Perkins being traded. The Celtics reportedly tried to shop Perkins during the draft but didn't get anywhere, and while Davis has seemed to (somewhat) shape-up recently, he's probably not the favorite child of Danny, Doc or Wyc. On a team stacked with bigs, these guys are expendable. Greg Payne, CelticsBlog (Oliver Lafayette/Tony Gaffney) I can't see the Celtics making too many trades this season, only because each player who could crack Doc Rivers' rotation should be integral to the team's success. Davis is probably the team's most realistic trade chip right now (because of his upside and his expiring contract), but the team would have to have a glaring need outside of its frontcourt. Plus, the Celtics likely won't risk trading away a player who should have a larger role with the team in the future. I also see it being difficult for the Celtics to trade a perimeter player like Wafer or Daniels, unless it's for an upgrade at that spot. If the Celtics elect to offer a roster spot to Lafayette or Gaffney, I could see them keeping them on for the first half of the season and cutting them if a quality veteran becomes available. Tommy King, Celtics Town (Oliver Lafayette) Lafayette has a non-guaranteed contract. With three point guards ahead of him ( Rajon Rondo , Robinson, Bradley), Lafayette won't survive training camp. Brandon Paul, Gino's Jungle (Semih Erden) I don't know a whole heck of a lot about Erden and I guess that's why I put his name down. He's spent a few years overseas trying to prepare for the league and his numbers weren't astonishing. If he can't do it over there, there's likely no way he can do it over here. I think he'll see some time with the Maine Red Claws but eventually will be cut or included in a trade. Lee Herman, North Station Sports (Semih Erden) I would say the Turk gets cut. I haven't followed his career at all, but what I have read leads me to believe he is not NBA ready, with reports suggesting a lack of focus and an inability to rebound in traffic. When a 7-footer cannot rebound the ball consistently, I don't think a team can take a chance on him being able to solve that problem. Jon Duke, Celtics Stuff Live (Von Wafer) The first departure for the Celtics during the 2010-11 season will be Wafer. Though the Celtics desperately need wing players and 3-point shooting, Wafer's inability to stick elsewhere in the league has had more to do with focus than ability. If the Celtics can package Wafer with a 2011 first-rounder to add a solid wing to play behind Pierce and Allen, why not look in that direction early on?   [Edit: Sounds like a reference to Rudy] Chris Forsberg is the Celtics reporter for ESPNBoston.com.
    Posted by Mployee8

-

I usually don't respond to threads beginning wth, If we could Get Rudy then . .
    but Mployee8's post is just so great I could not resist.  Clever don't begin to tell the story, witty don't begin to describe, humourous, intelligent .  . well, let's not go there, though we could, but enough is enough.

I admit I have not read a single other post on this thread, because . . . the title . . . it just doesn't interest me.  My loss.

I don't want to waste my time or yours pointing out just why and how good his post is, just read it and weep . . .  we can only dream this kind of stuff.

Oh, Chris Forsberg wrote all of that . . . well, never mind.  Great post, anyway.

-

Dat bean said, I's a hopin dat dis C's team's is, an R, so grate, clicks so well, dat no trades R a necessarrity.

But ifin necessarity rears its ugly head, den I tink R Mployee8, wit his direct line ta Danny, an 'is a-cute insites, will make da necessarity adjustatments ta keep da teamn on da winning track, an dats what counts da mos, winning.  Afer all.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

News out of Portland would seem to suport the theory that they are about to make a trade ... Rudy back on the front burner? http://blog.oregonlive.com/behindblazersbeat/2010/09/patty_mills_done_with_trail_bl.html /> The Blazers already have 15 players tied to guaranteed contracts for this season, which starts Tuesday with two-a-day practices, so it’s unclear how Mills will fit. His contract is not guaranteed, so the Blazers will either have to waive him before the regular season starts or make a move to free up a roster spot for him. It seems unlikely he will make the team. < /> Although Mills played well, leading the team in scoring (14.2 points per game) and assists (23), Johnson beat Mills out for the Blazers’ 15th and final roster spot. But the Blazers insisted throughout the offseason that they valued Mills’ potential and said there was a chance he could make the team if they made a trade over the summer that opened a roster spot. There remains a chance that could happen during camp.<
    Posted by Mployee8

You're still hoping the Celtics will get Fernandez?

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Nope ... just posting the latest news so you won't be sorprised if something does happen.
    Posted by Mployee8

Then post it on the NBA thread. The Celtics and Fernandez are not going to be working together so you're off topic. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

How's it off topic if the C's have made an offer for the guy?
    Posted by Mployee8

The Celtics went in another direction and signed Delonte West instead. 

Right now the Celtics have a full roster. They even cut Oliver Lafayette so that he can join another team. 

After watching Fernandez play in Turkey I don't think he's even worth a 2nd round pick. Get over it.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Yeah Rudy was terrible ... Not for nothing but, if the C's are done, why have they invited all these other guys to camp ... McCants, Morrison, Gaffney, Lasme, Mobley & Hassell. Seems like they're leaving the door open with non-guaranteed contracts to both Wafer and West. I don't think they're in a hurry to cut Gaffney either ... if they do someone will pick him up. Still think they make a two for one sooner or later ... they ain't done.
    Posted by Mployee8

Of course the Celtics are not done. The point is you keep bumping this topic about Rudy Fernandez when this is old news and irrelevant to the Celtics right now. 

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

When your GM has made an offer for a player what makes you think he's changed his mind and no longer has interest? Ainge was under the gun to sign a player after House got away and Portland left Danny standing at the alter. He didn't go in a different direction with West ... he signed Wafer after giving up on Portland. If he were happy/sure of his change in direction then why did he leave himself outs with both Wafer and West? If anything, after Rudy's play in the Fiba games, Ainge should be more assured about his attempt to acquire Rudy. That said, I think he'd like to make room for Gafney but he has to move two for one to open another spot. It's too soon to tell which two players he'd be willing to move. Training camp may clear that up ... we shall see.
    Posted by Mployee8

The only reason why Ainge made sure the Celtics have "outs" for Wafer and West is because the Celtics had leverage. No other team was really interested in them, that's why the Celtics got them at the lowest possible price. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Plan B for Wafer ... http://www.niubball.com/2010/09/zheijiang-prefer-wafer-over-alston/ /> /> With Delonte West brought on board earlier this month to solidify Boston’s backcourt rotation, Wafer is no longer a lock to make the team.  He is seen to be competing with former UMASS standout, Tony Gaffney. If Wafer is cut, Zhejiang will move to formally negotiate a deal with him first.  If Wafer remains a Celtic, however, the team will move onto Plan B, which is Alston.  Alston and the team have held talks, but remain apart on salary.  Alston has reportedly decided that he will be playing in the CBA this upcoming season, and will come to China to work out with Guangsha at the end of the month. <<
    Posted by Mployee8

I think you're more interested in seeing where players end up playing than seeing them play basketball. Cool

Sections
Shortcuts