If we had Jeremy Lin

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

If we had Jeremy Lin

He would probably never have gotten meaningful minutes, and therefore remained another obscure journeyman. I know that it's been discussed here numerous times but it aggravates me to see one of our youngsters have a great game, only to mysteriously disappear on the bench again. For example, what happened to E'twuan? Or anyone remember how during the early part of the '08 playoffs Eddie House was mysteriously benched? No Eddie House, no game 7 win over the Cavs, or, no game 4 comeback against the lakers. Does he really think Rondo is that good? I just don't get this about Doc at all. I hope this Jermy Lin thing teaches Doc something about giving young talent the opportunity to succeed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Re: If we had Jeremy Lin

In Response to If we had Jeremy Lin:
    [QUOTE]He would probably never have gotten meaningful minutes, and therefore remained another obscure journeyman. I know that it's been discussed here numerous times but it aggravates me to see one of our youngsters have a great game, only to mysteriously disappear on the bench again. For example, what happened to E'twuan? Or anyone remember how during the early part of the '08 playoffs Eddie House was mysteriously benched? No Eddie House, no game 7 win over the Cavs, or, no game 4 comeback against the lakers. Does he really think Rondo is that good? I just don't get this about Doc at all. I hope this Jermy Lin thing teaches Doc something about giving young talent the opportunity to succeed.
    Posted by OC-CeltsFan[/QUOTE]

Exactly, I dont want DA to start tarding away our rookies without giving them ample playing time. Lin is making Golden State and Houston look bad.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: If we had Jeremy Lin:
    [QUOTE]In Response to If we had Jeremy Lin : Exactly, I dont want DA to start tarding away our rookies without giving them ample playing time. Lin is making Golden State and Houston look bad.
    Posted by CelticFanLA[/QUOTE]

Agree that most of the rookies don't get enough playing time  with the Celtics to properly evaluate their potential.  Most other NBA teams give their rookies and younger players more opportunities. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Who's the Knicks starting small forward, known for his strong defense and good rebounding skills? Sky Walker? Didn't have enough "discipline" if I remember Doc's words right to get minutes for his Celtics.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Who's the Knicks starting small forward, known for his strong defense and good rebounding skills? Sky Walker? Didn't have enough "discipline" if I remember Doc's words right to get minutes for his Celtics.
    Posted by futbal[/QUOTE]

I believe Doc also said he didn't know that Walker had that kind of three point shot.  I thought that to be unreal since he had been watching him practice all those times.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Who knows the Cs may actually have a Jerry Lin on the bench. But that is where he will stay, on the bench and the Cs will never know. DOC will never change. Loyal to the starters to a fault. It is a shame. The Cs could be a tough team if DOC where to just infuse the youth. It was working well when Rondo and Ray and JO were out.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Young teams always play there rookies are young players.  The only older team that infuses youth is San Antonio.  I thought trading Walker was a mistake. Trading 'Gody and Erden was a mistake.  Hudson made the team, but for some reason never trully got minutes.  He was a scorer in college.  Hindsight is 20/20.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In Response to If we had Jeremy Lin:
    [QUOTE]He would probably never have gotten meaningful minutes, and therefore remained another obscure journeyman. I know that it's been discussed here numerous times but it aggravates me to see one of our youngsters have a great game, only to mysteriously disappear on the bench again. For example, what happened to E'twuan? Or anyone remember how during the early part of the '08 playoffs Eddie House was mysteriously benched? No Eddie House, no game 7 win over the Cavs, or, no game 4 comeback against the lakers. Does he really think Rondo is that good? I just don't get this about Doc at all. I hope this Jermy Lin thing teaches Doc something about giving young talent the opportunity to succeed.
    Posted by OC-CeltsFan[/QUOTE]
    The issue of Doc and the Big Three and to an extent Rondo is one of deep loyalty forged in 2008.  He is stubbornly trying to make sure he sticks with these guys until there is no hope for the season. I believe what he saw with the bench leading to victories recently haunts him but with the Big three healthy he has no alternative but to play with them. It is written in blood for him.  He, I believe is willing to sacrifice the season for them.  They may get injured and he will use others due to that, but the season will come to an end with the Big three starting.  I don't believe it will work out very well.  Rondo could be gone however.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

I think DA is on the same page as Doc about sticking with the guys he's familiar with.  How else do you explain giving away Semih after a productive start? And benching Kristic in last year's playoffs in favor of useless big baby.  If it's one guy that got away then it understandable, but clearly there's a pattern with DA and Doc. 

[QUOTE]Young teams always play there rookies are young players.  The only older team that infuses youth is San Antonio.  I thought trading Walker was a mistake. Trading 'Gody and Erden was a mistake.  Hudson made the team, but for some reason never trully got minutes.  He was a scorer in college.  Hindsight is 20/20.
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Doc has to get with the idea of playing rookies. We just don't do it and then point and go "Well he isn't working dump him" then the guy goes somewhere and goes off showing that he could have been a good utility guy. 

That guy we drafted a couple years ago and then went to I forgot I think it was the Wolves or someone else and he dropped 20 on the Lakers. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Its the same everywhere. Lin only got playing time because of injuries to the established players/stars.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

We'd be 15-12

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

[QUOTE]Young teams always play there rookies are young players.  The only older team that infuses youth is San Antonio.  I thought trading Walker was a mistake. Trading 'Gody and Erden was a mistake.  Hudson made the team, but for some reason never trully got minutes.  He was a scorer in college.  Hindsight is 20/20.
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]

gody and erden barely play for the cavs and I'm not sure if Hudson is even in the league anymore.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If we had Jeremy Lin : I believe Doc also said he didn't know that Walker had that kind of three point shot.  I thought that to be unreal since he had been watching him practice all those times.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Walker averaged 12 minutes a game last year.  This year he shooting 32  percent from 3.

I dont think Doc held him back all that much. He averages 5 points a game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If we had Jeremy Lin : Walker averaged 12 minutes a game last year.  This year he shooting 32  percent from 3. I dont think Doc held him back all that much. He averages 5 points a game.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

plus, he isnt a starter when team is healthy

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

Another example: Where did Greg Steimsma go? http://www.celticsblog.com/2012/2/13/2795892/where-did-greg-stiemsma-go#storyjump

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Why we keep saying "IF" we have him.  We had Chancey Billips, Jefferson, Perkins, Joe Johnson, etc, but they were all traded.

There are alot of teams that wish to have whoever they wish for.  Especially for the Portland team who alway have top draft picks every year, and now these fans probably have been saying what if they got Michael Jordan, what if they didnt draft Greg Oden, and got someone else, etc!!

Move on.  There is no perfect GM in NBA today!!  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

Steimsma will be next to get traded and then he will end up in Milwaukee or Golden State and average 11 rebounds and 3 blocks per game.