If we kept KG, PP, and Doc..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxCsBruins. Show SoxCsBruins's posts

If we kept KG, PP, and Doc..

How do you think we would have faired in these eastern conference playoffs? I just watched the final game of the Wizards Bulls series, and i feel that we could have beaten either team easily. Had Danny known that the Knicks were going to suck this bad and that the Pacers were going to crash in the playoffs, I think that we would be getting warmed up for a Celtics Heat ECF right now. 

Danny definitely made the right move for the short term and the long term, and if I were GM I would have done exactly what he did. But don't you agree that had the Celtics kept the core around we would be in line for an ECF rematch against the Heat this year? It would have been the first time that KG, Pierce, Rondo, and Green all played at the same time healthy. Add Sullinger and Olynyk to the mix, and it would have been a good series.

"The competition, the naysayers, the owners who talk too much. The people who don't think a 36-year-old can do what I do. I take a lot of pride in my craft, I work really hard at my craft everyday, and I'm a true professional."

-- Kevin Garnett, identifying what motivates him after taking a Game 5 win over Miami.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Re: If we kept KG, PP, and Doc..

Nope...they were pretty much used up two years ago...we want rings, not chances to get deeper into the playoffs...that's not how they do things on the C's...that's why the deals were made and Doc left...even those two players knew it was time to move on, and so did Doc,  that the team needed to get younger and re-tool...

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to SoxCsBruins' comment:

How do you think we would have faired in these eastern conference playoffs? I just watched the final game of the Wizards Bulls series, and i feel that we could have beaten either team easily. Had Danny known that the Knicks were going to suck this bad and that the Pacers were going to crash in the playoffs, I think that we would be getting warmed up for a Celtics Heat ECF right now. 

Danny definitely made the right move for the short term and the long term, and if I were GM I would have done exactly what he did. But don't you agree that had the Celtics kept the core around we would be in line for an ECF rematch against the Heat this year? It would have been the first time that KG, Pierce, Rondo, and Green all played at the same time healthy. Add Sullinger and Olynyk to the mix, and it would have been a good series.

"The competition, the naysayers, the owners who talk too much. The people who don't think a 36-year-old can do what I do. I take a lot of pride in my craft, I work really hard at my craft everyday, and I'm a true professional."

-- Kevin Garnett, identifying what motivates him after taking a Game 5 win over Miami.

I dont think we would have made the playoffs...

Have you watched KG's game lately??  As much as I admire him ,hes pretty much washed up.. cant jump, gets pushed around fairly easily and beaten off the dribble.

Pierce has it in spurts but he also has some stars around him taking the burden off his shoulders.. wouldnt be the case in Boston..

and Doc would be the biggest reason we wouldnt make the playoffs... he'd surely allow his anointed team leader, roller skating brat to continue on his merry way of playing Rondo ball...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

That aging core would've been a playoff team but really, their window of being true contenders was shut.  I'd rather they rebuild and/or acquire assets. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

But the Brooklyn Nets have a very deep team, and they are not even looking like a NBA title.  Sound like PP and Garnett isnt playing like a NBA title team's player anymore.  Allen isnt playing much for the Heat either.  

Move on.  Just hope Ainge know what he is doing for the next two years.  I just think he need to trade Rondo, and draft Napier!!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I dont think the C's make the playoffs with PP and KG on the team.

I also think Danny is much more enamored with next years draft class, Okafor, Turner, Alexander, Lyles, Townes all look like bigs that will be one and done

The current team of C's as constructed IMO has a championship contending PG, a 6th man (Sully if he ever gets in shape) and a 7th man (KO). If Bradley stays, which I dont think he does, he fits on this team as well. Thats it.

This rebuild is a 3 year project, 2 drafts and then a free agent signing or 2....then, IMO Danny walks away

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

This team wouldn't have been in the playoffs.  The numbers put up by the players Boston traded to Brooklyn aren't even better than the ones put up by the players they received.  Boston missed tying for the 8th spot by 13 games.

Fierce says 6th or 7th seed.  They finished 18 games behind a tie for the 7th and 19 games behind a tie for 6th.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

I am watching Paul and KG and thinking the same thing..  Paul looks pretty good, I hope he advances.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Boston would have at the very least made it to the ECF.