If we lose Rondo we have 0% chance of winning a title.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Re: If we lose Rondo we have 0% chance of winning a title.

In Response to Re: If we lose Rondo we have 0% chance of winning a title.:
    [QUOTE]Without Rondo's defense, triple doubles, and execution on the fly, the Celtics would not be as consistant night in and out. Can they still win the title/ Absolutely, depending on whe they get in the trade for him. We have enough depth to survive it. But I would not want  to see it happen..
    Posted by Ortiz123[/QUOTE]

Rondo's on the ball defense is overrated and they are not consisten night in and out.  The fact is that they are 20th in the league in scoring.

The Cs have a point guard that really should not even be on the floor in the 4th quarter.  At the end of games Rondo inbounds the ball... think about that - Rondo inbounds the ball.  Your point guard is not even an option in the offense when it is time to win a tight game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Outside of Dudder, we all love Rondo, but all of our comments about areas where he needs to improve are fair (shooting, free throws, end of shot clock management, fighting over picks and not getting lazy by reaching).   If we had to go without him, we would suffer as a team, but we'd at least partially make up for what we miss in Rondo by having what he doesn't deliver (better FT shooting, better jump shot, etc).

Our chances are NOT 0% without Rondo. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Outside of Dudder, we all love Rondo, but all of our comments about areas where he needs to improve are fair (shooting, free throws, end of shot clock management, fighting over picks and not getting lazy by reaching).   If we had to go without him, we would suffer as a team, but we'd at least partially make up for what we miss in Rondo by having what he doesn't deliver (better FT shooting, better jump shot, etc). Our chances are NOT 0% without Rondo. 
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

I don't dislike Rondo, he is a decent player what I do dislike is a ridiculous debate about whether he is the best 1 in the league - there were 5 point guards in the all-star game - Rondo was the 5th best.

Everyone loves him and think that his positives outweigh his negatives but nobody can recognize (because it is sacrilege) that his negatives are what the actual best point guards have as fundamental parts to their game.  Westbrook is the only player in the league averaging 23 points, 8 assists, and 5 boards - he makes his freebies at over 80% and there are reta rds on this board that still think Rondo is better "Rondo is perfect for this team", "Rondo is the best point guard in the league", etc.  Of course the other classic ridiculous statement that I read here all the time is that he is a pass first point guard and people love to trot out how he can score whenever he wants and that he is subjugating parts of his game to make his teammates better.   You put #5, #20, and #34 under laughing gas and they will come up with a dozen point guards (ones that would actually be guarded) who they know deep down in their hearts would make them better or no worse off.

I have nothing against Rondo, it just baffles me that there are people that in year 5 think Rondo still has upside and will become a good shooter, at some point as point guards do actually keep getting better nobody in the league benefits more from who they play with than Rondo.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bopaticuns. Show bopaticuns's posts

"if Delonte West is healthy the Cs lose nothing with him at the point."

I wonder how hard KG, Ray, Paul, Shaq, Doc, Danny, etc., etc., would laugh at some of the statements people make on these boards.    

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]"if Delonte West is healthy the Cs lose nothing with him at the point." I wonder how hard KG, Ray, Paul, Shaq, Doc, Danny, etc., etc., would laugh at some of the statements people make on these boards.    
    Posted by bopaticuns[/QUOTE]

That's why players don't read the silly rantings of us fans!  Instead, they spend their time playing the game.  But, its our right as fans to have and express opinions.  I don't agree that we lose nothing is out (nor do I think our chances go to "0%" if he's out, but I defend the right of whoever said it to express their opinion.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bopaticuns. Show bopaticuns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If we lose Rondo we have 0% chance of winning a title. : That's why players don't read the silly rantings of us fans!  Instead, they spend their time playing the game.  But, its our right as fans to have and express opinions.  I don't agree that we lose nothing is out (nor do I think our chances go to "0%" if he's out, but I defend the right of whoever said it to express their opinion.  
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Who said anything about anybody's rights? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I did.