If we trade Rondo what would be fair compensation?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

If we trade Rondo what would be fair compensation?

What are your ideas of what we would get in return thanks fellas. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from vegasredsox. Show vegasredsox's posts

Re: If we trade Rondo what would be fair compensation?

In response to xxcodyfxx's comment:

What are your ideas of what we would get in return thanks fellas. 

lets start with at least a first round pick, and some young talent

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I still think IND is the best choice.  Mahinmi and Hill.

SAC - Thomas and Thompson, although Stauskas may be an option

HOU - Lin and Capela (Lin has 1 year left)

NYK - ??

LAL- Nash and ??

MIL - Sanders?  Ilyasova?

or, of course, the afore-mentioned trade to DET in which we get Monroe.  Like it best, but probably least likely.  Figures, right?

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

He is not getting traded this year.  Rondo controls that cards.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

The best team we could get value from would be Houston if they don't get Melo or LBJ.

They've always been rumored to like Rondo, they'd certainly pay and he'd sign..

We could get Lin, Parsons, and picks

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

The best team we could get value from would be Houston if they don't get Melo or LBJ.

Not worth it.  The last thing that you want is to get stuck with Parsons' salary.  The Celts have a number of picks.  Keep Rondo and if he walks, he walks.  Otherwise overpay to keep him and hope to attract a free agent on the promise of current young and talented roster and future valuable (hopefully high Nets') picks.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I don't think any of us can answer this question, unless someone has an inside track on his progress. 

For the second summer Ill say forget about lin being traded.  nobody wants him, esp at that contract.  he's most useful to houston because of their left over network and fan base in china

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

A couple of used condoms...rinsed, of course.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Joe...you been smokin' with DaC? Put down the 40 OZ. and open a window man!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I fear that Danny will have a hard time trading Rondo now.

At this point, not too many teams that have dispensable assets of value to Danny need a PG and fewer will be willing to accept a $100M Rondo demand next year.   

Maybe Sacto.   Houston less likely now.      

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:

Joe...you been smokin' with DaC? Put down the 40 OZ. and open a window man!

Nah man, Houston's dumb like that! Their picks wouldn't be lotto anyway and they WANT to rid themselves of Lin's contract so pretty much they'd be giving us Parsons for Rondo.

They like Rondo a lot for some reason

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:

The problem with Parsons is he's a RFA.

If a team offers him a contract, the Rockets can match but they can't trade him after matching.

Why not..?

So does that mean if we match say the Heat's offer (example) to AB for 4/28 then we cannot trade him that season? doesn't make sense

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Ainge will not want to be stuck with George Hill's 8m per year.

Or George Hill.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

now that rondo has outed himself as a STILL terrible shooter following a COMPLETE YEAR of rehab much of which he could have been corking set shot free throws and simple set shots  from 14-18 feet by the THOUSANDS............  nobody is going to want rondo.  he will go free agent and find the most anyone wants to offer him is a pay DROP over the 13m he books this year on his backloaded contract.

he's not a leader and he's too expensive at 15M or > to be the third fiddle that he is (MAYBE can be) on a contender.

frankly he's damaged goods buy the way his talent has been managed- that would be exactly zero management by danny and doc.  a head case.  everyone knows it.  cat's out of the bag. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

now that rondo has outed himself as a STILL terrible shooter following a COMPLETE YEAR of rehab much of which he could have been corking set shot free throws and simple set shots  from 14-18 feet by the THOUSANDS............  nobody is going to want rondo.  he will go free agent and find the most anyone wants to offer him is a pay DROP over the 13m he books this year on his backloaded contract.

he's not a leader and he's too expensive at 15M or > to be the third fiddle that he is (MAYBE can be) on a contender.

frankly he's damaged goods buy the way his talent has been managed- that would be exactly zero management by danny and doc.  a head case.  everyone knows it.  cat's out of the bag. 

You know, one thing I simply fail to comprehend is why anyone thinks this clown Rondon't would be a drawing card for ANY decent offensive player. He had three bona fide candidates for the HOF here and basically drove one of them out of town with his petulant attitude and insistence to pound the ball in one spot for 20 seconds out of 24...what established NBA player wants any part of the little malcontent and his nasty contract situation?...some of these guys, like Melo, might know and like Rondodn't outside the game but none of them are crawling over each other to come here to play with him!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q90" rel="nofollow">http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q90

The player cannot be a restricted free agent who has signed an offer sheet with another team (see question number 44).

That says immediately so what's immediate? a month? a year? It doesn't specific. I think we could be a trade at the deadline

• This post has been removed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

The point is Rondo to Houston for Parsons and Lin is not an option right now.

Yes, maybe Rondo gets moved at the trade deadline.

Well that's what I meant. I think Rondo plays at least 2 months in a C's uni. No doubt in my mind

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

The problem with moving Rondo at the trade deadline is that 1). the longer that Rondo stays with the Celtics, the more Danny is compromised (desperate) in negotiations.  2). its very risky and difficult for any new team to insert a starting PG into their system mid-season, and contenders are less likely to bite due to potential chemistry issues.  3). it will become apparent to Rondo that he is being showcased for a trade and knowing the petulant one, he could sulk and quit trying further reducing his return value.   

The time to trade Rondo was yesterday.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Whats fair compensation?  Honestly right now I would take Lin (expiring) and a future Houston first and second round pick.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

Ill take a 1st rounder, a jump shot, 85 percent or higher free throw shooting and a finders fee...........

"Don't touch my Leatherhelmet!!"

• You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Monroe for Rondo straight up, or john Henson, Brandon Knight, Ilyasova to make the money work, for Rondo and future 2nd round pick.

• Sections
    Shortcuts