if yahoo story is true

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Re: if yahoo story is true

In Response to Re: if yahoo story is true:
    The deals were not done because Memphis and New Jersey did not go through with them. They were good trades.  
    Posted by concord27

Note to Ainge Bashers.....and whiners that claimed we did'nt do enought at the deadline....either way, we are sitting good...but those two deals are pretty good...what couda been...that mayo deal puts Memphis over the top, they may regret not pulling the trigger on that one...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

"..."
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

All true.  Let's not forget that Mayo's a punk.  He'll sell out anyone - see USC. He's been suspended for drug use, and his play has never justified his draft position.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In Response to Re: if yahoo story is true : OK, you're right.  My mistake.    Revised post:  Ask the Portland Trailblazers about having the 2nd pick in the draft and how it worked out for them.  The point is still the same.  Kwame Brown, Wahl, Bowie, Oden, and many others are a bust.  Having the first (or second in the case of Bowie) pick in the draft is no guarantee. Satisfied now?
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

Just looking out for Sam, it's bad enough he was taken ahead of MJ, it would make it even worse, if he was taken ahead of the dream and Jordan!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to if yahoo story is true:
    how stupid would the celts be if they had a chance to grab a lottery pick oj mayo and get rid of pierce and allen our future would be looking really good now but seeing as it did not go down we will be out of the playoffs in the first maybe if lucky second round and have nothing but an old worn out team. way to go danny boy you s u c k
    Posted by vegasredsox

So they just said on CSNNE that Ainge was turned down on these trades by the Nets and the Grizzlies.

So basically Ainge tried to blow up the team and would have had 4 number 1's next year.  He got turned down.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

how stupid would the celts be if they had a chance to grab a lottery pick oj mayo and get rid of pierce and allen our future would be looking really good now but seeing as it did not go down we will be out of the playoffs in the first maybe if lucky second round and have nothing but an old worn out team. way to go danny boy you s u c k
    Posted by vegasredsox

Sure glad Danny is the GM!

As Always,

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rebels345209. Show Rebels345209's posts

Mayo has zero control on if he was to be traded. And the nets just wanted to get better... I doubt they view Gerald Wallace as a "face of the franchise"

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to if yahoo story is true : So they just said on CSNNE that Ainge was turned down on these trades by the Nets and the Grizzlies. So basically Ainge tried to blow up the team and would have had 4 number 1's next year.  He got turned down.  
    Posted by snakeoil123

Thanks for the updates - as we all suspected, it was MEM

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I would have been upset if Pierce was traded.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

In Response to Re: if yahoo story is true : Thanks for the updates - as we all suspected, it was MEM
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

I absolutely believe DA was shopping Rhondo, KG, Allen and Pierce.  The thing is he wanted the moon.  I cannot fault DA for wanting the moon, but other GM's did not want to be a sucker.  I think DA knew he did bad in the Perkins trade and wanted to make amends on the next big trade.  It was either make a big move or let's get lot's  of cap space for the next season. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

If both those deals could have been done that would have been Danny's second greatest accomplishment. Assuming that grizz pick was this year's 1st rounder, they would have had a potential of 6 picks in the draft, with 4 1st rounders. The Nets likely wouldn't have been a lot better, even with Pierce, and the C's would have been a lot worse. So you would have seen maybe two lotto picks and 2 mid to high twenties in the Memphis/Clippers picks. You can completely round out the starting 5 that way with this year's draft! Mayo isn't even the gain in that trade, he's extra. If he's your starting 2, you have Rondo obviously as your 1, and a lot of lottery balls. If miracles happen, you wind up with the unibrow and whatever center you want to pick. Then your other two picks are pretty much where they have them now. You take a couple of swingmen there, maybe Royce White, and the kid Jeff Taylor I'm pretty high on out of Vandy. Then you have 2 picks in the second round and you just go for the best player. (Assuming the Buck's pick is outside top 44.) Maybe Robert Sacre, the C from Gonzaga and Machado the PG from Iona.

That leaves you with
    Rondo/Machado
    Bradley/Mayo/Moore
    Pietrus/White/Taylor
    Davis/Bass/JJJ
    Zeller/Siemstra/Sacre

And that's without thinking about bringing back Ray or KG. I love what the C's have been able to do, but I really don't think they'll be pulling off a full playoff run. These going through would have left them with a WORLD of possibilities. Bummed it didn't work out.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

If both those deals could have been done that would have been Danny's second greatest accomplishment. Assuming that grizz pick was this year's 1st rounder, they would have had a potential of 6 picks in the draft, with 4 1st rounders. The Nets likely wouldn't have been a lot better, even with Pierce, and the C's would have been a lot worse. So you would have seen maybe two lotto picks and 2 mid to high twenties in the Memphis/Clippers picks. You can completely round out the starting 5 that way with this year's draft! Mayo isn't even the gain in that trade, he's extra. If he's your starting 2, you have Rondo obviously as your 1, and a lot of lottery balls. If miracles happen, you wind up with the unibrow and whatever center you want to pick. Then your other two picks are pretty much where they have them now. You take a couple of swingmen there, maybe Royce White, and the kid Jeff Taylor I'm pretty high on out of Vandy. Then you have 2 picks in the second round and you just go for the best player. (Assuming the Buck's pick is outside top 44.) Maybe Robert Sacre, the C from Gonzaga and Machado the PG from Iona. That leaves you with Rondo/Machado Bradley/Mayo/Moore Pietrus/White/Taylor Davis/Bass/JJJ Zeller/Siemstra/Sacre And that's without thinking about bringing back Ray or KG. I love what the C's have been able to do, but I really don't think they'll be pulling off a full playoff run. These going through would have left them with a WORLD of possibilities. Bummed it didn't work out.
    Posted by jgallag1

Bro those are hypothetical and no way any GM does that. The realistic point of view is DA wanted the moon and no GM would be a part of it.  Now DA has to do it in the offseason. Anyone who congratulates the C's for not going to the Finals is insane.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from frommaine. Show frommaine's posts

I look at these posts sometimes but it seems clear that many authors/contibutors are not Celtic fans and a substantial number are trolls for other teams.  Consider all the negative comments about Rondo before the trade deadline.  Does anyone really think they had the best interest in the Celtic's future?

I put this story in the same category.  Is it true?  I doubt it.  Was it "leaked" to try to stir up trouble in team chemistry?  Probably.  I do wish there was a place for real Celtics fans to discuss the team, but guess in today's world that is not possible.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

It says here that Ainge was asking alot for Ray Allen

http://articles.boston.com/2012-03-10/sports/31143429_1_celtics-paul-pierce-chemistry

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

In Response to Re: if yahoo story is true : Bro those are hypothetical and no way any GM does that. The realistic point of view is DA wanted the moon and no GM would be a part of it.  Now DA has to do it in the offseason. Anyone who congratulates the C's for not going to the Finals is insane.
    Posted by kobedaman

Of course they're hypothetical, I just kinda got into a what could have been moment and got on a bit of a roll

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

If baby was 7ft tall (or 6-10) he'd be kevin duckworth.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: if yahoo story is true":
    If baby was 7ft tall (or 6-10) he'd be kevin duckworth. Posted by cole-ely
    Hmmm, I bet you're one of maybe 2 or 3 people in the world that believes that! No way....this guy can play. With height, he'd be tremendous.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I love Ray Allen the player as well as the classy person, including his foundation and philanthropic approach to life (and his Mom's, too). But maybe it's time for Ray to move on. If I'm Ray, I would not be loyal to the C's any longer. Protect your family by getting the largest contract you can in your last years. Each year many fans want you traded no matter how well you are playing. Danny clearly dangles Ray every year. People question your loyalty while you do whatever you're asked. So, why stay? There comes a time when the organization doesn't need you no matter who you are, so before it gets ugly, I think Ray should move on. I'll root for the guy wherever he plays but I really hate to see his relationship with the C's come to an ugly end. So why not head out at free agency this summer and keep the memories positive?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Posted by vegasredsox

The Nets chose G. Wallace OVER Pierce... Simmons and other reports indicated this... dumb by them... but it was a TOP 3 PROTECTED 1st rd pick... so the Nets coulda got pick 1-3 this year then given the Celts a pick in the 7-12 range in a weak draft next year

NOT WORTH PAUL PIERCE NOT ENDING HIS CAREER AS A CELTIC

Then Mayo is a free agent... Memphis won't be able to afford him... so we can use our cap space if we want to get him... so then we are looking at OJ vs. Ray as 6th men for '12 only... regardless of who backed out of the deal (clearly Memphis if Doc was calling Ray) it really is hard to know who would help the current club... the better 3 point shooter who knows the system or the younger legs who defends better but has to learn the playbook

either way... a wash to me unless we could be assured of extending Mayo with a reasonable contract and getting a nets pick in the 4-7 range THIS draft.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to "Re: if yahoo story is true": Hmmm, I bet you're one of maybe 2 or 3 people in the world that believes that! No way....this guy can play. With height, he'd be tremendous.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

good comparison, Duckworth was a 16-17 point 6-7 rebound guy as a tubby 7 footer... a lot like Baby

but that was only for like 5-6 seasons... baby would likely be a 20-9 guy for a decade if he was 3" taller

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jokerblue. Show Jokerblue's posts

The story is FALSE....FALSE....and FALSE....Really Is there some stupid person who believes this story?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: if yahoo story is true":
    In Response to if yahoo story is true : The Nets chose G. Wallace OVER Pierce... Simmons and other reports indicated this... dumb by them... but it was a TOP 3 PROTECTED 1st rd pick... so the Nets coulda got pick 1-3 this year then given the Celts a pick in the 7-12 range in a weak draft next year NOT WORTH PAUL PIERCE NOT ENDING HIS CAREER AS A CELTIC Then Mayo is a free agent... Memphis won't be able to afford him... so we can use our cap space if we want to get him... so then we are looking at OJ vs. Ray as 6th men for '12 only... regardless of who backed out of the deal (clearly Memphis if Doc was calling Ray) it really is hard to know who would help the current club... the better 3 point shooter who knows the system or the younger legs who defends better but has to learn the playbook either way... a wash to me unless we could be assured of extending Mayo with a reasonable contract and getting a nets pick in the 4-7 range THIS draft. Posted by rameakap
    We'll never know for sure but if the Nets had Pierce the way he's playing with DWill and Lopez and Humpries - they would be a playoff team THIS year, not a lottery pick. I'm sure Danny knew this and realized it would be another pick that was non-lottery.

Sections
Shortcuts