If you think this is bad (Detroit winning)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

If you think this is bad (Detroit winning)

We haven't seen nothing yet....just wait till the Cs hit that long road trip! We pretty much suck.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: If you think this is bad (Detroit winning)

You are correct.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

yup..we are getting our butts kicked at home..this team is not good right now..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

So everytime this team loses at home are we going to have to deal with these threads?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In Response to Re: If you think this is bad (Detroit winning):
    [QUOTE]Time for change.  Please, Mr. Ainge, PULL THE TRIGGER!
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]
    Would saying that after this game imply you should deal KG or Pierce to get a forward to keep up with Rondo and Wilcox?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

[QUOTE]So everytime this team loses at home are we going to have to deal with these threads?
    Posted by BosoxJoe5[/QUOTE]

how much have we lost at home already? and it's not even half way yet....we are not that good right now..if you think we are good..you crazy.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

hopefully this will calm down some hyped up peeps in this forum who  are convinced this team just needs to trade its best player to somehow miraculously be in title contention this year. 

When you lose to a bland Pistons team on a back to back it's a pretty darn good sign you aren't sniffing a title.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from datruthpp34. Show datruthpp34's posts

If Pierce is not being our captain we stink for sure but due to pierce not scoring cuz of rondo handling the ball way too much and our best scorer can't get into a good rythm.What do u guys want rondo score 30, 40 50 and lose Pierce score 20+ points and win the game???I mean celtics is not celtics with pierce not scoring,I'd rather run the offence thru pierce than rondo. cuz once pierce is scoring it affect the game.I dont know but I think DA should trade rondo now and make 1 more run with PP and KG and rebuild next season.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

[QUOTE]If Pierce is not being our captain we stink for sure but due to pierce not scoring cuz of rondo handling the ball way too much and our best scorer can't get into a good rythm.What do u guys want rondo score 30, 40 50 and lose Pierce score 20+ points and win the game???I mean celtics is not celtics with pierce not scoring,I'd rather run the offence thru pierce than rondo. cuz once pierce is scoring it affect the game.I dont know but I think DA should trade rondo now and make 1 more run with PP and KG and rebuild next season.
    Posted by datruthpp34[/QUOTE]

You are on to something coz in the 3 games RR scored 30 or more, the Cs lost both of them! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

[QUOTE]So everytime this team loses at home are we going to have to deal with these threads?
    Posted by BosoxJoe5[/QUOTE]
    No... you have options, like not reading them. We lost at home to Detroit dude!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshashaty. Show cshashaty's posts

This road trip will be a season killer in more ways than one. I will be really surprised if they win 2 of the next 5.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from datruthpp34. Show datruthpp34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If you think this is bad (Detroit winning) : You are on to something coz in the 3 games RR scored 30 or more, the Cs lost both of them! 
    Posted by ConnectingRod[/QUOTE]
    Think about it,.it's not just this year ,last year as well..watch the game carefully,.Rondo is an amazing athlete and everything but the lack of shooting is a killer,in crunch time if they faul rondo do u think he can make 2 3 4 FT's in a row?no,In 08 where was rondo in 4th ?bench,. Just notice it how huge a different when rondo was out?cuz evrything he can do bradley or moore can do it with a better shooting range. and it gives our big 3 to do thier thing,.Im gunna say it again if pierce is going to score 24+ points we win even thou rondo wont make a point we will still when,so get the ball to pierce and get out of his way!!STILL PIERCE"S SHIP!!!!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

If you trust in Pierce then your ship is called......

TITANIC

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

As I've said, we need offense, not defense!!  We need moves to improve our bench scoring..............man, do we miss Jeff Green this year!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If you think this is bad (Detroit winning) : It's the other way around. Trade Rondo for a big man to help out KG and Pierce.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]
    Who do you think would take Rondo?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]If you trust in Pierce then your ship is called...... TITANIC
    Posted by Elven 32[/QUOTE]

In Mavs we trust along with the big brooms they used last year.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]This road trip will be a season killer in more ways than one. I will be really surprised if they win 2 of the next 5.
    Posted by cshashaty[/QUOTE]

I think that you are right.  I would be surprised if they won more than a couple of games on this road trip.  I don't consider any of the next 5 games as sure wins,  Chicago, Detroit, Dallas, Oklahoma City and Cleveland.  They may win in Detroit and Cleveland, but not even sure that this will happen. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

[QUOTE]If Pierce is not being our captain we stink for sure but due to pierce not scoring cuz of rondo handling the ball way too much and our best scorer can't get into a good rythm.What do u guys want rondo score 30, 40 50 and lose Pierce score 20+ points and win the game???I mean celtics is not celtics with pierce not scoring,I'd rather run the offence thru pierce than rondo. cuz once pierce is scoring it affect the game.I dont know but I think DA should trade rondo now and make 1 more run with PP and KG and rebuild next season.
    Posted by datruthpp34[/QUOTE]

Good Post... Last night was kinda fools gold when it comes to Rondo. If you look at the box score only, you might be thinking wow Rondo had a monster game but he cant do it by himself. At best, that is only partly true. Rondo dominated the game for the 1st three quarters and Pierce and Ray either couldnt get into the flow or they were just off last night. To me the issue is if Rondo is going to dominate the ball and the flow of the offense the way he did last night, he needs to do it for the entire game not just the 1st 3 quarters. When players like Kobe, Westbrook, and Rose take that many shots early on, they want to take just as many shots when the game is on the line in the 4th. Its not fair to Pierce or Ray to be essentially not included in the offense for the 1st 3 quarters, but be expected to carry the team to victory in the 4th. What happened last night really has been happening most of the season, but it has not been as pronounced. Rondo is a major contributor early on, then it falls upon the the old big 3 if the game becomes close in the 4th. The C's cannot maintain any kind of consistency if they are going to play one way quarters 1-3, and another in the 4th.

To Rondo's credit, he has a very difficult job. He has to balance controlling the flow of the game, keeping everyone involved, and being opportunistic with his own offense. In my opinion, he has not done a consistent enough job at those things to make this C's team a legitimate threat in the east this year. The big 3 are no longer good enough to make up for his deficiencies any longer. The C's need to make a move to make them a more consistent and complete team. Rondo needs to be traded if possible for a game changer (Gasol, Nash/Gortat, etc.) in order for this team to compete this year.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from datruthpp34. Show datruthpp34's posts

If the celtics is going to build around rondo i will be very very sad!Rondo can't carry a team,he is a piece but not the whole piece like DA and doc thinks. I knoe PP KG AND RA can no longer do what they used to do but give them a PG who can make passes and make 3's and high% on FT they will still remain as a treat in the east. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to If you think this is bad (Detroit winning):
    [QUOTE]We haven't seen nothing yet....just wait till the Cs hit that long road trip! We pretty much suck.
    Posted by walk2run[/QUOTE]

The Cs beat Memphis withou Zach Randolph and Tony Allen

They beat the Bulls without Rose

They beat the Raptors without Bargnani, Kleiza, and Bayless (or I would trade Rondo for straight up no questions asked).

They beat NJ without Lopez

Let's face it, they are not that good no matter who they put on the floor.....

I believe they have won 4 games against teams above 500... two against Orlando when they were in their funk, once against Indy, and once against the Bulls who were without Rose.....

They are a 500 team at best and the mo rons on this board think that they are back............. by beating the Bulls the other day.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

I believe they have won 4 games against teams above 500... two against Orlando when they were in their funk, once against Indy, and once against the Bulls who were without Rose.....

the grizzlies' loss to the celtics dropped memphis' record to .500. as such, i'm going to go ahead and add another Cs win against above .500 clubs if that's okay.

also, celtic / rondo performance often has a tendency to uptick after dudder relieves himself here. so we got that going for us.

i'm stoked. go celtics.

Sections
Shortcuts