If you were Celtics GM what would you have done?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

If you were Celtics GM what would you have done?

To my surprise I called some pretty good players, but I've missed a few too. I remember that I wanted us to draft Yi Jianlian(I thought he was the next K.G. WRONG!) 

I wanted to keep Al Jefferson and Gerald Green. (WRONG AGAIN!)

I thought Big Al would be better than Garnett. (Super wrong!)

So basically, I wouldnt have brought us a championship.

I was ready to move Big Baby for Belinelli and C.J. Watson when they were with Golden State. ( That would have been a bad move)

I was also ready to give up on Avery Bradley( Gigantic mistake)

Howeve

r, I would have paid Posey (more rings for us most likely and maybe Garnett never blows his knee from overuse with Posey still backing him up)

I called for Ron Artest over Rasheed Wallace and watched Ron drive the Lakers to some titles instead of us.

I called for Deandre over Giddens, Marshon Brooks over Johnson, and Festus Ezeli over Melo.( I'm proud of these calls. Some of you remember my endless nagging. But i was right about Artest,Posey and these KEYdraft picks.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Re: If you were Celtics GM what would you have done?

Would have kept Perk and Powe. I would not have tried to constantly move Ray Allen. I would gone hard after Key role players like Jamal Crawford and Reggie Evans our Powe type player.

Final analysis. I wouldnt have put together K.G., Pierce and Allen but I could have kept them winning it all IMO.

So you need to hire me as a consultant Danny! Ha ha!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

If i told you what i would have done, you would think i was bragging!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

I am. Join in! Ha ha

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

If possible, I would not have given KG a no-trade clause.....

Our lineup would now be:

Bledsoe - Bradley - Green - Humphries - Jordan

Lee - Terry - Williams - Bass - Teletovic and Wilcox

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Nice Hedley. Good pieces for a short timer(K.G. 2 yrs till retirement)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Jeff Green like Pierce before Toine was traded, will not play like a franchise player untill he has no other choice.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Here are just a few samples. I was all for getting KG, i would not have let Posey get away. I would also have kept Powe, because he gave everything he had for the Celtics. Here is my biggie, when Carmelo was going to be traded, i suggested Pierce and Rondo, for Melo and Lawson. I would have tried hard to pull that off. I would have pulled the trigger on the OJ Mayo for Ray Allen deal, and i was one of the few who was with Bradley from the start!!  Oh yeah, i would make the Green for Perk deal every time.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

Here are just a few samples. I was all for getting KG, i would not have let Posey get away. I would also have kept Powe, because he gave everything he had for the Celtics. Here is my biggie, when Carmelo was going to be traded, i suggested Pierce and Rondo, for Melo and Lawson. I would have tried hard to pull that off. I would have pulled the trigger on the OJ Mayo for Ray Allen deal, and i was one of the few who was with Bradley from the start!!  Oh yeah, i would make the Green for Perk deal every time.

Oh man. Well we obviuosly agree and disagree at the same time. I think Pierce is better than Carmelo even NOW! Rondo is better than Lawson to me too. It's fun to hear these different visions though because we all wantto have a champion!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I agree on the Perk trade......too bad Krstic left.  Imagine if Green did NOT have surgery?  I think he takes us past MIA last year, and PP is traded this year!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to DaCeltics' comment:

To my surprise I called some pretty good players, but I've missed a few too. I remember that I wanted us to draft Yi Jianlian(I thought he was the next K.G. WRONG!) 

I was ready to move Big Baby for Belinelli and C.J. Watson when they were with Golden State. ( That would have been a bad move)

Howeve

r, I would have paid Posey (more rings for us most likely and maybe Garnett never blows his knee from overuse with Posey still backing him up)

I called for Ron Artest over Rasheed Wallace and watched Ron drive the Lakers to some titles instead of us.

I called for Deandre over Giddens, Marshon Brooks over Johnson, and Festus Ezeli over Melo.( I'm proud of these calls. Some of you remember my endless nagging. But i was right about Artest,Posey and these KEYdraft picks.

Ron hit a lucky 3 and drove LA to ONE title... the correct move was McDyess over Rasheed

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

Howeve

Ron hit a lucky 3 and drove LA to ONE title... the correct move was McDyess over Rasheed

McDyess didn't help anyone that much!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

McDyess over Sheed likely = 2010 championship

Ron is just a circus and has been dead weight in LA since his lucky 3... McD would have been a pro, a major part of '10 amd '11 seasons, maybe Perk never gets hurt or his trade goes over better, then retired and saved us 18 million over Ron

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I would've done about the same thing DA did. There was no deal out there where we would get good value to us. KG and PP have more value to us than they do to any other team. Terrence Williams was a good move,Crawford has talent and he could benefit from being on this team. I think we can make a run and have some options starting this offseason.Worse case scenario we get in the lottery and have some cap options and Rondo,PP,KG,AB,Lee,Jet,Williams,Crawford, Green, Sully and Bass all coming back.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

Where would we be now if Ainge had taken DeAndre Jordan instead of Giddens?

I still haven't figured out what Ainge was thinking on that one. If he wanted Giddens, he could still have gotten him in the late 2nd round, he wasn't even on anyones radar.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Obviously there are many like me who would have taken Jordan on draft day, its not hindsight is 20-20, but there are another 12 teams that wouldhave taken him that draft, so we can't rip Ainge so bad like he took Darko over Melo or Bosh. He had Perk who was a 24 year old defensive C and needed depth behind his old wings PP and Ray.

But yes that still goes down as a big blunder.

What would I have done (AT THE TIME - not looking back now):

- Matt Barnes and Birdman for our MLE in '08, not that Patrick O'Bryant BS

- Made a run at Baron Davis before the '09 and '10 seasons with Scal, Baby. House and others in the package, brought Rondo off the bench

- The already mentioned McDyess over Sheed, or Ariza (def NOT Artest) and had the bifg 3 show up at McDyess door begging him to take the mid-level (not given it to 'Quis)

- Traded the Jujuan Johnson pick at '11 deadline with Perk and gotten Harden... not accepted Jeff Green once OKC threw in the Melo pick

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

If possible, I would not have given KG a no-trade clause.....

Our lineup would now be:

Bledsoe - Bradley - Green - Humphries - Jordan

Lee - Terry - Williams - Bass - Teletovic and Wilcox

I think we could figure a better way to get to the lottery than with that lineup.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

McDyess over Sheed likely = 2010 championship

Ron is just a circus and has been dead weight in LA since his lucky 3... McD would have been a pro, a major part of '10 amd '11 seasons, maybe Perk never gets hurt or his trade goes over better, then retired and saved us 18 million over Ron

What you miss Rame is that Pierce was slowed by Artest. The only guy besides Deng that can do that. If you can't beat Artest, join him (to your team).

My thought then is that you would have killed two birds with one stone.

You'd get one of Pierce's toughest opponents off the table (1)and also have him doing that work for you on Lebron or Kobe.(2)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

I still haven't figured out what Ainge was thinking on that one. If he wanted Giddens, he could still have gotten him in the late 2nd round, he wasn't even on anyones radar.

I am STILL scratching my head. We only had Perk on the roster! This guy was projected as having a ceiling of Dwight Howard on NBAdraft.net! (Where I do all my scouting supplemented by youtube)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JG9000. Show JG9000's posts

I am STILL scratching my head. We only had Perk on the roster! This guy was projected as having a ceiling of Dwight Howard on NBAdraft.net! (Where I do all my scouting supplemented by youtube)

if i was the Celtics GM i would have fired myself after all the blunders of the past 3 or 4 years.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to DaCeltics's comment:

Agree with both of you.  Not drafting DeAndre Jordan was a big mistake by Ainge. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to JG9000's comment:

if i was the Celtics GM i would have fired myself after all the blunders of the past 3 or 4 years.

HAHAHA

Ainge produced a championship in just 5 years in office. 

You really want to fire the guy who brought back the Celtics to prominence?

Ainge needs to improve his drafting/trades in the future.  We still desperately need another big man.  Hopefully, it will happen sometime this summer.