If you were Celtics GM what would you have done?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Re: If you were Celtics GM what would you have done?

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to JG9000's comment:

if i was the Celtics GM i would have fired myself after all the blunders of the past 3 or 4 years.

HAHAHA

Ainge produced a championship in just 5 years in office. 

You really want to fire the guy who brought back the Celtics to prominence?

Fierce, no point in defending Danny against a troll.  JG9000 is the new identity of an old troll.  Right now he is trying to sneak in.  Just let him get bolder and make a fool of himself.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to DaCeltics' comment:

In response to rameakap's comment:

McDyess over Sheed likely = 2010 championship

Ron is just a circus and has been dead weight in LA since his lucky 3... McD would have been a pro, a major part of '10 amd '11 seasons, maybe Perk never gets hurt or his trade goes over better, then retired and saved us 18 million over Ron

What you miss Rame is that Pierce was slowed by Artest. The only guy besides Deng that can do that. If you can't beat Artest, join him (to your team).

My thought then is that you would have killed two birds with one stone.

You'd get one of Pierce's toughest opponents off the table (1)and also have him doing that work for you on Lebron or Kobe.(2)

Those are good points, other than the fact that there are more than just 2 Sf's who slow PP and LBJ is the #1 guy at doing so (the way he exhausts Pierce on D is the #1 reason)

Ron is just too much of a mental miget, completely slimy and crazy person for me to have ever wanted to see him in a Celtics jersey. I have said that the #1 thing that kept us from a finals W in '10 was Ron's dirty play injuring Ray in game 3 and making him go like 0-16 from 3 after he went like 8-11 in LA in game 2.

Had we had Ron then LA would have had Ariza, so its a whole host of other issues there, the '09 team was better than the '10 team and Ariza a younger, faster and better overall player to Ron by then. But yes Ron came up big when needed and yes PP would have had an easier finals and Ray prob wasn't going to get abused and nuetralized for the middle 3 games of the series. But then we'd have had no backup big man or would have had to find one with the BAE.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to prakash's comment:

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to JG9000's comment:

if i was the Celtics GM i would have fired myself after all the blunders of the past 3 or 4 years.

HAHAHA

Ainge produced a championship in just 5 years in office. 

You really want to fire the guy who brought back the Celtics to prominence?

Fierce, no point in defending Danny against a troll.  JG9000 is the new identity of an old troll.  Right now he is trying to sneak in.  Just let him get bolder and make a fool of himself.

JG is Tommy - you are correct - I don't respond to him either!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Best case after 2009 would have been:

A. signing Ariza to the full MLE and BEGGING McDyess to take the bi-annual with PP, KG and Ray showing up at his door (and not lazy fat tard Rasheed's).

B. signing mcDyess to the full MLE and the big 3 BEGGING Grant Hill to take the bi-annual we gave to Marquis Daniels.

No Sheed and no Artest for me thanks, Tony Allen was about to do work as a defender of wings that season anyhow

That same offseason I'd have loved trading Baby (a sign and trade 2 years 8m), Scal (3.25), Giddens (1.25) and House (1 year 2.5) and future 2nd rd picks for Baron Davis (given away with the Kyrie Irving pick for Mo Williams a year later)

This team:

C - Perk (22 mins) McDyess (14) KG (8)

PF - KG (20) McDyess (12) Ariza (16)

SF - Pierce (32) Ariza (8) TA (8)

SG - Ray (28) TA (12) Davis (8)

PG - Davis (20) Rondo (28)

Would have been incredible, won the 2010 and likely 2011 championships. I would have looked into trading Perk (no ACL injury) and Tony Allen (sign and trade) summer of 2010 for Harden and Krstic. TA and Perk would have given OKC the guys they needed to defend Bynum and Kobe.

Then used the MLE on Shaq for that one season, with Krstic and McD on the team instead of JO and Semih the team wouldn't have used Shaq as much and gotten him hurt. He'd have a buyout of 1m for a 2nd season and so we could've traded his dead weight contract with McDyess (planning to retire as well) with picks for David West after back to back titles in '10 and '11.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I hope we're all honest about it because we would all have made some mistakes, but perhaps not as big as Danny's draft mistakes:

I would have taken Anderson over Bradley  as Ray's sharp shooting replacement (slight mistake, obviously)

I would have waited until the summer to do the Perk/Green trade as a sign and trade because Shaq and JON were both weak and going to miss more time.  We needed the big and why a I tearing up a championship calibre team. (Still feel this way today)

I would have Kept Semih Erdan as my backup as again, I think our stength would have been our bigs.

I would have recruited Rasheed like Danny did (mistake).

I would have drafted DeAndre Jordan - I hate to say it but I thought this way on draft night as I watched him drop.   I wondered what Danny ws doing! (I would be right)

I would have given KG his no trade clause as I thought he was the most important signee for the C's given the big names weren't coming here. (stand behind this one today)

I would NOT have traded Pierce, KG, nor let Ray go.  I would continue to build around them with youth and let them play less minutes (ala Pop with Ginobli and Duncan). They would retire as Celtics and continue the tradition of Russell, KC, Sam Jones, Tommy, Bird, McHale, Cowens, Jo Jo, etc, etc, etc.  so more new stars are inclined to havet he loyalty that KG has (don't know if I'm right or not).

I would have signed Powes to 4 years (and then gottenlucky that this thing called amnesty came along and I would have eventually released him under that arrangement).  He would have madea  HUGE difference in 2010.  ( hind sight says I would have been right here).

I would NOT have signed Powe as anyone with yet another injury on the knees who was not critical- would not be critical to me as GM.  (I stand by this one today).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:

I hope we're all honest about it because we would all have made some mistakes, but perhaps not as big as Danny's draft mistakes:

I would have taken Anderson over Bradley  as Ray's sharp shooting replacement (slight mistake, obviously)

I would have waited until the summer to do the Perk/Green trade as a sign and trade because Shaq and JON were both weak and going to miss more time.  We needed the big and why a I tearing up a championship calibre team. (Still feel this way today)

I would have Kept Semih Erdan as my backup as again, I think our stength would have been our bigs.

I would have recruited Rasheed like Danny did (mistake).

I would have drafted DeAndre Jordan - I hate to say it but I thought this way on draft night as I watched him drop.   I wondered what Danny ws doing! (I would be right)

I would have given KG his no trade clause as I thought he was the most important signee for the C's given the big names weren't coming here. (stand behind this one today)

I would NOT have traded Pierce, KG, nor let Ray go.  I would continue to build around them with youth and let them play less minutes (ala Pop with Ginobli and Duncan). They would retire as Celtics and continue the tradition of Russell, KC, Sam Jones, Tommy, Bird, McHale, Cowens, Jo Jo, etc, etc, etc.  so more new stars are inclined to havet he loyalty that KG has (don't know if I'm right or not).

I would have signed Powes to 4 years (and then gottenlucky that this thing called amnesty came along and I would have eventually released him under that arrangement).  He would have madea  HUGE difference in 2010.  ( hind sight says I would have been right here).

I would NOT have signed Powe as anyone with yet another injury on the knees who was not critical- would not be critical to me as GM.  (I stand by this one today).

I loved Powe but he never did anything in the NBA after he left Boston. I find it odd that so many people act like it was a mistake letting him go.

Sections
Shortcuts