If you were the Cavs...

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: If you were the Cavs...

Great post! The only issue I have with Varejao is his durability. He has only played in 56-games the past 2-seasons! Is it the begining of the end for this 8-year pro?

Bass is strong, always in shape, and durable!

On the other side of the coin, Varejao is definately a better rebounder. Per 36-minutes he out rebounds Bass 13.2 to 7.0!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In Response to Re: If you were the Cavs...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to If you were the Cavs... : Cleveland would never make this trade. Boston gave Bass and Lee too many years and too much money. Bass and Lee have common skills that can be replicated by many players in the league.
    Posted by TommyRules[/QUOTE]

I disagree, you can not replicate heart!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TyiUjqP8cM

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The trades are either:

A. Bass, Melo and 2 first rd picks

B. Lee, Sully and maybe one 1st rd pick

Interesting to see fierce the hypocrite now dedicate so much of his time to my trade ideas, after saying he refused to discuss them until Feb (Ha!) but that was AFTER he said we didn't need Varejao b/c Jeff Green plays in the last 5 mins vs. Heat small ball

I mean there are 43 other mins and 28 other teams....haha.... but here we have the guy who was all over the Rondo for Gasol trade, threw the team under the bus last spring, and who made it quite clear 2 days ago he not only thought the team didn't need Varejao but that he wouldn't discuss any trade ideas in August.... now starting threads about them? Hahahaha

Fierce will always remain amusing, when he loses an argument you can be sure he will relentlessly pursue all avenue's he can to discredit and smear the person who bettered him and change around the original intent of the topic until it fits his agenda...

what a winner... aren't there teenage Laker trolls for you to be throwing rocks and mud at Fierce? I'm an adult and a Celtic fan, ur garbage doesn't work on me

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I have already answered these questions but I guess you force me to do so again by starting an entire thread

Zeller and Mayo are a pair of 21 year old Center's, one with offensive ?'s known for having a huge defensive upside and the other the opposite. They fit well together. Melo is 9 years younger than Varejao and likely, come Feb, gets the Cavs the 5th-9th pick in the draft instead of the much worse 10th-15th.

Or they get Sully who is an OSU guys fans will love whose low post game gels well with Thompson.

Thompson is a combo-forward like Jeff Green.

Bass is an undersized PF.

Can Green and Bass play together?

Thompson can get 8-16 mins at SF and 16-24 mins at PF. Bass can play 20-28 mins at PF. They have contrasting styles of play that benefit a team. Bass is also a great locker room guy for young kids, one of the reasons they team wants to keep Andy around. He will be a good soldier for a year, maybe even help them make a run at the 2014 playoffs, and could then be traded to a contender for another draft pick in the 20's or younger rotation player down the road. (Lee is the same type of vet only at SG instead of PF, and Waiters in a combo-guard in the way Thompson is a combo-forward).

and a 1st rd pick always has value, even at 24-27. If we include out 2015 pick (lotto protected) the Cavs could get an even better future pick.

I have always said other teams could trump our offer. But the one above is VERY VERY fair for a young rebuilding team that at best (with Varejao) gets the 8th seed and is blown out by LeBron as Gilbert looks on wishing he had a lotto pick instead. Byt he time the young core is ready to make a go at the 2nd rd or beyind Varejao will be 32 and a FA.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]rame What Mayo are you talking about? 
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Haha Melo

I just got done telling TICKET that Harden and Mayo had qualifying offers for the same $ amount

But I guess since I mentioned Bass/Melo and picks for Varejao a DOZEN times the last 4 days

and it was quite obvious who I meant, nit-picking is all you are left being able to do when people answer you dull senseless questions, meant only to attack and bother, with the solid facts that prove you wrong

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Bass, Melo and 1-2 1st rd draft picks is a VERY fair offer for Varejao

Other teams are welcome to trump it

At this point if such value is being offered the Cavs for Varejao in Jan/Feb that rebuilding club would be wise to consider moving a player who only adds wins when they need a better position in the draft

The closer Varejao gets to FA the less value he has

end of story

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Wow your pathetic fall continues

and yes, the closer to 2014-15, when the team has an option for Varejao and he gets older and older, the less value he has

He will have more value in Feb of 2013 then he will next summer or Feb of 2014

but at no point will he really be worth holding onto and making '13/'14 draft picks worse, not adding youth to that team, just so that when the team is finally ready to contend he has 1 or 0 years left

It is likely Melo or Sully will be better than him by that option year... but he won't be this year, and all the C's should care about is this year

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I hardly look like a fool with Moultrie, you were shown the facts/stats repeatedly that proved you Jeff Green comparison wrong and my Ibaka/Bosh comparisons more likely. Just b/c Philly now has 3 C's, when they only had 1 at the time we talked doesn't mean Moultrie is suddently going to be a good shooting combo-forward. If he was on the Celtics or 20 other teams he'd be in the mix as a PF/C. 

and the word 'likely' is one that makes it impossible to say I am speaking in absolutes... I thinking something is likely means I give a higher % of one of those players being better in 2015 than Varejao... it is a prediction, not a guarantee.

Wow, so we're going to other discussions and nit-picking comments again...

how relentless you are in digging this hole for yourself

around and around we go and at no point do you look to have a shred of maturity or any kind of grasp on how sad, petty and pointless you look

what is this proving... trying to smear the reputation of others b/c you were caught with your pants down looking like a jerk when it came to my decision to talk future trades?

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Fierce:

Waaaahhhh

I lost the argument

I'm now going to keep pointing for the upteenth time to the guys rame said might be good offseason targets (before the offseason started) as a completely irrelevant to the current topic personal attack that just makes me look more immature and clueless

who cares if I was proven a fool when tryign to comment on the validity of the Varejao a trade or looked like a complete jerk when trying to tell people on this forum what they can and cannot have conversations about...

rame listed names of free agents who never came here! string him up!

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

And there it is, your grand comeback, mock someone's list of potential free agent targets in June after you lose an argument in August

what an absolute pathetic loser you have turned into Fierce

It was a disgusting performance, but in the end you lowered yourself to depths I never thought were possible, what a shame, I pity you

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]Great post! The only issue I have with Varejao is his durability. He has only played in 56-games the past 2-seasons! Is it the begining of the end for this 8-year pro? Bass is strong, always in shape, and durable! On the other side of the coin, Varejao is definately a better rebounder. Per 36-minutes he out rebounds Bass 13.2 to 7.0!
    Posted by BCSP[/QUOTE]

13.2 rebounds sounds real nice... I can't remember the last time someone in Boston got 13.2 rebounds... Parish? McHale? Bird?

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedCoach. Show RedCoach's posts

Varejao is a role player.  He's not even an All-Star.

Sections
Shortcuts