If you were the Cavs...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nutter44. Show nutter44's posts

Re: If you were the Cavs...

Verejao has no offensive game and is not very strong he gets bulled around the basket. Has no leaping ability to speak of and is not a strong finisher.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

I assumed, and would stand corrected, that the original post explained why AV wouldn't become a Celtics player any time soon. It then appeared that some people took it as how it could happen via trades (originally debunked because of the imbalance of such a trade - what would CLE get and why would they do it). But, maybe I read something that wasn't there.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakerfaker. Show lakerfaker's posts

Need is how you determine between Bass and AV.  Bass if you need a shooter/scorer,  AV if you need rebounding and Defense.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I have talked about Varajeo for a long time.  If we get him for Bass and a package the team will be complete. The rebounding issue is more of a problem than ever unless Melo is the surprise of the league.  

To say Varajeo can't score or will get pushed around as some have said on this thread can't even be addressed it is so untrue. The guy is going to be 31 and the Cavs don't need him, we do.  KG needs him more than anyone.  Sullinger may rebound but he will rebound far better with an animal like Varajeo in there with him.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I see your point but I think this trade will get down unless someone wants him more. We may have to wait until after the new year.  We will see.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Varejao, who is 6' 10", averaged 4.8 rebounds and 4.9 points his rookie year! Sullinger, who is 6' 9" is likely to put up similar numbers if he gets playing time! Give Sullinger a chance to develop - perform - succeed!

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In Response to Re: If you were the Cavs...:
    [QUOTE]Varejao, who is 6' 10", averaged 4.8 rebounds and 4.9 points his rookie year! Sullinger, who is 6' 9" is likely to put up similar numbers if he gets playing time! Give Sullinger a chance to develop - perform - succeed!
    Posted by BCSP[/QUOTE]

I don't think that points and rebounds will be that big of an issue.  He may even be a better team defender than Bass.  But I am concerned about his 1-1 and pick-&-roll defense.  Also, I don't see him as a weak side shot blocker.  Plus how well will he run with Rondo?

Sullinger can become a good upgrade over Bass.  But there will still be room for improvement.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If you were the Cavs... : If by trade deadline the Celts will be the #1 team in the east, would you still want to trade for Varejao even if it means breaking up the team?
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]
    If someone steps up and provides rebounding and relief for KG of course not. You know me better than that. We can only speculate about Sullinger at this point.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]Varejao, who is 6' 10", averaged 4.8 rebounds and 4.9 points his rookie year! Sullinger, who is 6' 9" is likely to put up similar numbers if he gets playing time! Give Sullinger a chance to develop - perform - succeed!
    Posted by BCSP[/QUOTE]
    You may be right and hope you are.  Varajeo is a very good player who could be the piece that gives us a chance at a  championship (not saying it can't be someone else).  KG will be in jeopardy until someone comes forward to provide cover for him. The season at center will be very difficult for him due to his body type and his age.  We need to be realistic.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Putting it all on Wilcox or most of it could be dangerous to this team health.  He was injured for quite awhile even with before his heart problem.

You and Rame in my opinion are two of the best posters.  In this case I am with Rame and see the urgency of getting someone like Varajeo in soon.  If it is doable is another thing. Maybe there is someone else. If Green is good as expected, Bass is expendable.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Posted by BCSP[/QUOTE]

I agree, and I think he can reach those numbers, if not exceed them!

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I don't expect Wilcox to be that effective.  Eighteen minutes is a lot and KG needs someone beside him when he is playing to be effective.  Rebounding is a need when KG is in there as well as when he is on the bench.  I don't think it has been addressed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to If you were the Cavs...:
    [QUOTE]

In response to If you were the Cavs...:

I don't expect Wilcox to be that effective.  Eighteen minutes is a lot and KG needs someone beside him when he is playing to be effective.  Rebounding is a need when KG is in there as well as when he is on the bench.  I don't think it has been addressed.

Remember when Wilcox was the starter last season? The Celts were playing much better when Wilcox was the starter. But he had to be shutdown because of a heart problem.

Ainge had the option of going after an unrestricted free-agent if he renounced all the Celts free-agents. But Ainge opted not to do that and signed KG instead. By signing KG for 10m per year, that eliminated the possibility of getting another big.

[/QUOTE]

I agree, but I hope the plan is to get Sully more mins......maybe at the 5.  If the kid can play, he should be out there.  I would like to see KG get limited to about 28 mins per game, and mix up the other 20 between Wilcox, Collins and Sully.  I love Bass off the bench, so the quicker Sully develops, the sooner he can start.......a bench of Bradley, Terry, Green Bass and Wilcox is really fastm, young and can hopefully build on  a lead!

Sections
Shortcuts