II can't watch this team anymore

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

II can't watch this team anymore

This team is flawed in so many ways it's not even funny. Big leads disappear like it's magic and we just have a collection of players, not a team.

The two guys who have played the best and most consistent have been AB and Bass. Everyone else is so inconsistent it's hard to know who to rely on night in and night out.

I expect Ainge to gut this team by the deadline.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Re: II can't watch this team anymore

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:
    [QUOTE]

This team is flawed in so many ways it's not even funny. Big leads disappear like it's magic and we just have a collection of players, not a team.

The two guys who have played the best and most consistent have been AB and Bass. Everyone else is so inconsistent it's hard to know who to rely on night in and night out.

[/QUOTE]

Bass has come back down to earth after playing over his head for a couple of months.  It's difficult, but I find reasons to watch.  I focus alot on Sully and wish the Celtics would utilize him more and feed him constantly in the low post.  This is where I'm becoming frustrated with Stevens.  He should be playing Olynyk more - not because he's been productive - but so we can find out if he can play and and what level he can produce.  We should be using this time to develop players.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

I love this team.

They mainly keep it close and play competitively and then reward us wit an L.

Crawford needs to get back on his meds.  (Rondo will make sure Crawford gets back on his meds in a couple of weeks)  Green needs another heart transplant; find one that works on a consistent basis.  (but bear in mind, if he moves without the ball, in a couple of weeks he will have a great point guard feeding and rewarding him so that every basket wont involve dribbling into three defenders)  Gerald Wallace needs to fall down a flight of stairs.  (Wallace makes a decent bench 3 though he is being paid to be more)

Even with those deficiencies, I love this team.

I remember my expectations very well.  This is a rebuilding year and Danny Ainge has done a fantastic job positioniong the Celtics to take full advantage of every possible angle.  The only real problem is Wallace's contract.  Maybe we have to live with that, or maybe we haveto give up something good to get rid of it.  Beyond that, what would you have the Celtics do?

In Danny we trust.  Rondo solves a lot of problems.  A legitimate NBA center puts our 4s back into position.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

This is all part of Ainge's plan.....he wasn't trying to assemble a playoff team. 

That said Green is really hard to watch - he's like that girl you dated who went great for a while, but then always ended up back on her meds.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I would just rather them be very bad. Don't tease us when we get these big leads against good teams and then just stop playing and lose down the stretch.

Nothing worse in the NBA than being middle of the road. Either be real good or real bad.

I wasn't expecting the playoffs this year and knew it would be tough but don't waste my time for 3 quarters and then just disappear.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

HE BETTER......

I EXPECT AINGE TO TRADE 5 PLAYERS AT LEAST...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

I am looking forward to the future....

2014 - two first round picks, ours and the worse of the Nets and the Hawks
    2015 - two first round picks, ours and the Clippers
    2016 - two first round picks, ours and the Nets
    2017 - one first round pick, the better of ours or the Nets
    2018 - two first round picks, ours and the Nets

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

At least we aren't the Lakers losing to the Clippers by more than 40 points. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I think the opposite.  I think they're fun to watch.  I love it when they play a great game, almost beat a good team away, then in the end get one game closer to that top 5 pick.

i imagine how it will look when sully is playing next to embid

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    A true celtic fan will support the team in good and bad times.Be patient.The team just start the rebuilding program.Better days ahead.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Whatever, this team mirrors Jeff Green...teases us for a week and then dissapears when we really need a win.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

In response to chris33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I am looking forward to the future....

2014 - two first round picks, ours and the worse of the Nets and the Hawks
    2015 - two first round picks, ours and the Clippers
    2016 - two first round picks, ours and the Nets
    2017 - one first round pick, the better of ours or the Nets
    2018 - two first round picks, ours and the Nets

[/QUOTE]

Now this puts a smile on my face. I think we are going to have to flip some of these picks for vets and S&Ts

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]

Whatever, this team mirrors Jeff Green...teases us for a week and then dissapears when we really need a win.

[/QUOTE]

This team has mirrored Rondo for years. Very good when he  decides to play with intensity/urgency.

Very lackluster when he doesn't show.

Neither Green nor Rondo (both teasers) can provide the leadership the team needs on a consistent basis.

I'm enjoying watching management search for players to lead the franchise with no great pressure to win now or in the near future.

I suspect those  "difference-maker" players will show up in future drafts.... with the exception of Sully who is already here.

Pud

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This team has mirrored Rondo for years. Very good when he  decides to play with intensity/urgency.

Very lackluster when he doesn't show.

Neither Green nor Rondo (both teasers) can provide the leadership the team needs on a consistent basis.

I'm enjoying watching management search for players to lead the franchise with no great pressure to win now or in the near future.

I suspect those  "difference-maker" players will show up in future drafts.... with the exception of Sully who is already here.

Pud

[/QUOTE]

This is true, very low expectations for this year. Imagine if doc was still coaching people would want his head on a platter.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to cole-ely's comment:

I think the opposite.  I think they're fun to watch.  I love it when they play a great game, almost beat a good team away, then in the end get one game closer to that top 5 pick.

i imagine how it will look when sully is playing next to embid

I agree with you that sometimes they play with the energy of a college team and for the most part they are young. Other than OKC and the Clippers, they have been in close games recently with GS and Portland. Yup, they lose & blow leads but keep in mind that except perhaps for A. Bradly & Sully, all the other players would be on the bench and not even 6th men.  They have not gotten blown out like the Lakers did the other night and had a "give up" atitude.

I would start a Core of the above 2, AB & Sully, and Rondo, hoping he recovers from injury, trade/let all the rest go without shedding a tear and build from the draft. I'd play Oly alot and see if he develops as we did with Fav Melo who didn't.

Living in the SF Bay area I go to a lot of Warriors games, love hearing "Beat LA, Beat LA" as if I were in Boston but now in addition to the Lakers it includes the Clippers. The Warriors are a young team that has largely been built through the draft. With Stephen Curry( the best 3 pt shooter in the game, I think) , Klay Thompson and Harrison Barnes all drafted in the first round, the Warriors have become an extremely competitive & fun team to watch under the coaching of Mark Jackson and I think the "Cs" could do the same with a great draft & coaching under College Minded Stevens who has worked well with younger players.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You sound surprised.

Root against them. Consider a win to be a loss and vice versa. I watch them all the time now. It's a lot more fun that way.

With a great class of freshmen expected to declare for the draft, each loss increases the chance of getting one of these guys.

Sections
Shortcuts