I'll Take Krstic

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

I'll Take Krstic

OK......now that the season is winding down and we look ahead, I thought I'd compare what these guys bring to the table...

Perk......6-10 280/27 years old/starting his 9th year.....career averages:

6.4 PPG
    6.1 RPG
    1.4 BPG
    1.0 APG
    .561 FGP (mostly dunks and tip ins)
    .601 FTP
    22.4 MPG

Krstic....7-0 240/28 years old/starting his 8th year.....career averages:

10.0 PPG
    5.4 RPG
    0.7 BPG
    0.8 APG
    .494 FGP (good jump shooter)
    .730 FTP
    25.2 MPG

Krstic is a better shooter.....Perk's scoring usually comes from close to the basket...Krstic is a better free throw shooter and definitely has the better hands...blocks and assists are very close and favor Perk...minutes are about even...Perk known for his strong interior defense and being an enforcer....Krstic more in the "Vlade" or "Pau" finesse mold....also the better athlete...

All in all, I think Krstic has a better all around game and a higher ceiling....he just needs to understand his role, be it starter or bench player....

Now look at part two of this trade....Jeff Green, 6-9 24 year old athletic swing man...(could develop into a "poor man's James Worthy" type?).......and we gave up Nate for him....

Advantage: Boston.........I hated the trade at the time.....but going forward, I like it a lot as a Celtic fan....even with Perk this year, with Rondo's injury, I don't see us winning....so we are now set up better going forward....thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrrapin. Show terrrapin's posts

Re: I'll Take Krstic

I've been saying all along it was the right deal. No one could have accounted for the injuries. Though I know Shaq and JO are older. Perkins was out and lets not forget that. The guy gets blown by without backside help from KG. The Celtics are better defenseively than OKC. All of Perkins faults are layed out with his new team. Green will be a star in my humble opinion and Kristic wasn't used right by Doc at all. A training camp will solve those problems and I just don't see all the doom and gloom with a couple decent free agent pick-ups. Limit the starters, someone of the three, maybe 2 need to come off the bench. A young line-up with Rondo, West, Green, Kristic and Pierce would work for me.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

Kristic doesn't play as a 7 foot center. He can't jump, can't move his feet on defense, and he doesn't have much lower body strength, so he ends up reaching and short arming rebounds worse than Semih did and he had a bumb shoulder. 

It's great that he can shoot outside like Laimbeer but we need someone who can also mix it up down low like Big Bill. Plus, you already have a 7 ft PF playing outside and around the the top of the key. Sorry but I'll still take Perk for the intangibles.

Defense leads to Turnovers. Turnovers and Rebounds lead to easy Offense.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: I'll Take Krstic:
    Kristic doesn't play as a 7 foot center. He can't jump, can't move his feet on defense, and he doesn't have much lower body strength, so he ends up reaching and short arming rebounds worse than Semih did and he had a bumb shoulder.  It's great that he can shoot outside like Laimbeer but we need someone who can also mix it up down low like Big Bill. Plus, you already have a 7 ft PF playing outside and around the the top of the key. Sorry but I'll still take Perk for the intangibles. Defense leads to Turnovers. Turnovers and Rebounds lead to easy Offense.
    Posted by wfdog

Perk leads to turnovers, Perk leads to the other team getting rebounds, Perk leads to the other team taking technical foul shots.  Perk is barely playing for OKC.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Krystic isn't as good as perk, he gives up more points than he scores. Why is it fans always forget about the defensive side of the ball?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Krstic was a huge rebounder when he arrived...especially on the offensive boards....and he can play at crunch time because of his shooting and his hands...Perk is on the bench at the end of every close game.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

Kristic is horrible on defense.  One poster already said it, he gives up more points than he scores.  We need a big shot blocking defensive center to go with Kristic.  Kristic is nothing more than a back up center who plays soft.  He can give you some quality minutes but can't be in for long stretches. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Krystic has played in a offense 1st system never had the opportunity to settle in here, I think he will be a very good player off the bench. Can score and love to see what they can do with him on the defensive end once he had a camp under his belt. When he 1st came he was a pleasant surprise. He needs 20 minutes to be effective when his playing time was cut to 5 or less he lost his rhythm.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Kristic is horrible on defense.  One poster already said it, he gives up more points than he scores.  We need a big shot blocking defensive center to go with Kristic.  Kristic is nothing more than a back up center who plays soft.  He can give you some quality minutes but can't be in for long stretches. 
    Posted by Mchampion

I think BIG SHOT BLOCKING DEFENSIVE CENTERS are in aisle 7.....

merely a flesh wound.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

In Response to Re: I'll Take Krstic : Perk leads to turnovers, Perk leads to the other team getting rebounds, Perk leads to the other team taking technical foul shots.  Perk is barely playing for OKC.
    Posted by TheDUDDER

Perk's screens lead to open shots. Perk's blocks and hard fouls lead to intimidation. Perk creates space in the paint. Perk keeps other bodies out of the paint. Perk allows for 7 ft PF's to take 15 footers and not having to crash the boards.

Perk does pump way too many times times before going to the rim but so does Kristic! Semih doesn't move his feet on defense and short arms rebounds but so does Kristic! So I guess DA did make some good trades because he combined 2 players' faults into 1, but unfortunately the benefits on that 1 player do not add up to the benefits of Semih & Perk.

Finally, let's not forget that Perk is playing on guts right now. Many say the knee injury from game 6 takes almost 2 years before it's normal and his new knee sprain hasn't had enough time to heal in season either. I'm not saying Perk is Hakeem but I would much rather have the intangibles and guts he brought to the C's than Kristic. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

In Response to Re: I'll Take Krstic : I think BIG SHOT BLOCKING DEFENSIVE CENTERS are in aisle 7..... merely a flesh wound.
    Posted by TheDUDDER

Nice Dudder...how do we get to aisle 7  ....if only Kristic didn't play like a hang nail got in the way of him making a defensive play he would be very good, never mind a flesh wound.....lol

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

my comparison was what we got/lost in Krstic vs. Perk......and the icing on the cake.....Jeff Green for Nate.......Krstic is not an ideal starting center (but then again, how many of them are there right now...?) .....but he gives us more overall game than Perk...in my opinion anyway....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItsNot1966anymor. Show ItsNot1966anymor's posts

Krstic is a glorified Eric Montross.  Or, considering Montross had several years with more rebounds and blocks, you might say a poor man's Eric Montross.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

kirstic, JO, KG, and dalembert makes up the correct rotation

Add in Pierce and green

Ray and Delonte

Rondo and Delonte

That is your 9 man rotation.  Then you have AB, Wafer, Another SF and there is your 12.  Sign and trade for dalembert if you can with BB, even if you have to add a couple of picks(2nd's?) to sweeten the pot.  They are gonna loose him for sure, so a S&T may be the way to get him.

Then use the MLE on the best SF you can get(Battier?).

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Krystic isn't as good as perk, he gives up more points than he scores. Why is it fans always forget about the defensive side of the ball?
    Posted by jtkl

As I said in many other posts, OKC traded a backup center for a backup center.  Had Shaq not gotten hurt, Perk would have backed him up.  Perk has basically been relegated to back up in lieu of Collison and I know you want to talk about matchups, etc.  But a complete player, a good player renders the matchup concept irrelevant.

I don't think anyone that is on this forum ignores one end of the floor or the other (unless of course it pertains to Rondo).  Perk was absolutely crushed by Howard the last few times they met.

In my humble opinion, Perk's best days are behind him and I believe OKC will come to realize this if they have not already.  It has nothing to do with Perk and his stint here, ask me my opinion on any other player on any other team and I will give you my best guess.

Perk has bad hands, no face up game, no back to the basket game, can't shoot free throws, is unathletic and has managed to learn to play good defense and his defense, in my opinion, has been overrated as a result of playing next to what some might call the greatest defensive forward in history. 

I remember someone posting on this board that Perk was what allowed KG to be KG........ I almost s hat myself reading that.  KG was in the hall of fame before Perk was drafted but somehow an unathletic stiff allows KG to be KG?  lmao.

Perk is a journeyman on his absolute best day - he has fantasies about being as good as Dampier......

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

Hey everyone is entitled to their opinion but DA even admitted that he would've kept Perk had he accepted their first in season offer. We may all think that we are experts in evaluating talent here on the boards, so I'll just defer to the people in the NBA who get paid to do it.

The facts are that DA said that many teams were going to pursue Perk in the offseason, all the Celt's competitors were shocked (and happy) that DA traded Perk, and OKC gave Perk (with 2 unhealed knees) a contract that Kristic can only hope to get next year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from larry1717. Show larry1717's posts

Yep, Perk was all washed up and just plain useless when DA traded him for the next Bill Russell (Krstic) and Larry Bird (Green).  What a steal Danny made.

Players from other teams like the Lakers, Heat, Knicks and Magic are just plain foolish and wrong when they state that they "No longer fear the Celtics after the Perk trade".
    Those opposing players know nothing compared to the Dinga-ling posters on this site named Dudder and Duke and others who obviously know more.  SAD!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrrapin. Show terrrapin's posts

Yep, Perk was all washed up and just plain useless when DA traded him for the next Bill Russell (Krstic) and Larry Bird (Green).  What a steal Danny made. Players from other teams like the Lakers, Heat, Knicks and Magic are just plain foolish and wrong when they state that they "No longer fear the Celtics after the Perk trade". Those opposing players know nothing compared to the Dinga-ling posters on this site named Dudder and Duke and others who obviously know more.  SAD!
    Posted by larry1717

Man, Dallas is sure fearing him. Don't you have to be on the court at the end to be feared? Some of you people keep beating the dead horse. Lets pay millions and be saddled with that contract for a 4 and 6 guy, if he has been that good.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigJoedaddyBoston. Show BigJoedaddyBoston's posts

In Response to I'll Take Krstic:
    OK......now that the season is winding down and we look ahead, I thought I'd compare what these guys bring to the table... Perk......6-10 280/27 years old/starting his 9th year.....career averages: 6.4 PPG 6.1 RPG 1.4 BPG 1.0 APG .561 FGP (mostly dunks and tip ins) .601 FTP 22.4 MPG Krstic....7-0 240/28 years old/starting his 8th year.....career averages: 10.0 PPG 5.4 RPG 0.7 BPG 0.8 APG .494 FGP (good jump shooter) .730 FTP 25.2 MPG Krstic is a better shooter.....Perk's scoring usually comes from close to the basket...Krstic is a better free throw shooter and definitely has the better hands...blocks and assists are very close and favor Perk...minutes are about even...Perk known for his strong interior defense and being an enforcer....Krstic more in the "Vlade" or "Pau" finesse mold....also the better athlete... All in all, I think Krstic has a better all around game and a higher ceiling....he just needs to understand his role, be it starter or bench player.... Now look at part two of this trade....Jeff Green, 6-9 24 year old athletic swing man...(could develop into a "poor man's James Worthy" type?).......and we gave up Nate for him.... Advantage: Boston.........I hated the trade at the time.....but going forward, I like it a lot as a Celtic fan....even with Perk this year, with Rondo's injury, I don't see us winning....so we are now set up better going forward....thoughts?
    Posted by Duke4

Good Job Duke!  I agree!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: I'll Take Krstic : As I said in many other posts, OKC traded a backup center for a backup center.  Had Shaq not gotten hurt, Perk would have backed him up.  Perk has basically been relegated to back up in lieu of Collison and I know you want to talk about matchups, etc.  But a complete player, a good player renders the matchup concept irrelevant. I don't think anyone that is on this forum ignores one end of the floor or the other (unless of course it pertains to Rondo).  Perk was absolutely crushed by Howard the last few times they met. In my humble opinion, Perk's best days are behind him and I believe OKC will come to realize this if they have not already.  It has nothing to do with Perk and his stint here, ask me my opinion on any other player on any other team and I will give you my best guess. Perk has bad hands, no face up game, no back to the basket game, can't shoot free throws, is unathletic and has managed to learn to play good defense and his defense, in my opinion, has been overrated as a result of playing next to what some might call the greatest defensive forward in history.  I remember someone posting on this board that Perk was what allowed KG to be KG........ I almost s hat myself reading that.  KG was in the hall of fame before Perk was drafted but somehow an unathletic stiff allows KG to be KG?  lmao. Perk is a journeyman on his absolute best day - he has fantasies about being as good as Dampier......
    Posted by TheDUDDER

A good player renders matchups irrelevant? I guess mark Jackson is terrible because when Scottie Pippen took him out of the ECF Larry Bird responded by having Indiana go with the smaller faster backup point guard. Marc jackson would have started the next series because he was the better player but matchups were the issue. 

BTW you think if Dwight Howard were facing the Thunder Collison would be guarding him? No, so Perk must be better than collison because a good players makes matchups irrelevant. Where do you get this stuff? 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

In Response to Re: I'll Take Krstic : Perk's screens lead to open shots. Perk's blocks and hard fouls lead to intimidation. Perk creates space in the paint. Perk keeps other bodies out of the paint. Perk allows for 7 ft PF's to take 15 footers and not having to crash the boards. Perk does pump way too many times times before going to the rim but so does Kristic! Semih doesn't move his feet on defense and short arms rebounds but so does Kristic! So I guess DA did make some good trades because he combined 2 players' faults into 1, but unfortunately the benefits on that 1 player do not add up to the benefits of Semih & Perk. Finally, let's not forget that Perk is playing on guts right now. Many say the knee injury from game 6 takes almost 2 years before it's normal and his new knee sprain hasn't had enough time to heal in season either. I'm not saying Perk is Hakeem but I would much rather have the intangibles and guts he brought to the C's than Kristic. 
    Posted by wfdog

actually, most of perk's screens lead to free throws for the other team. lol

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from larry1717. Show larry1717's posts

Actually Ray Allen had a lot of difficult nights after Perk was traded because of the lack of proper picks set for him.  Perk was a big wide body and Ray used him effectively to get open.  That stopped when Perk was traded.  Not really a bunch of LOL IMO!  Just a Fact!

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

Krstic is soft and slow, can't jump and has butter-fingers. He's also easily bumped around and out positioned in the lane. Yes, he has a mid-range shot, but he isn't that consistent either. He's only turning 31 in July, but past injuries have taken their toll on him. I don't think the Celtics will go far with him. However, I think he'll do as a reserve particularly if he's willing to accept a low salary.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts