I'm All in For Amare

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: I'm All in For Amare

Bad move, bad contract, bad defense, bad knees, bad situation.

too many negatives.

He has already said he would come off the bench numerous times.  This would gut our team.  It would take Green for this to happen and we can't do that for 2-3 weeks.

Not me,  I would never do this. Gasol I would.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

too many negatives.

He has already said he would come off the bench numerous times.  This would gut our team.  It would take Green for this to happen and we can't do that for 2-3 weeks.

[/QUOTE]

AGREE 100%.. Amare another problem to add to our already mountain of problems. The guy was stinking the joint out before getting injured, why expect anything better?

and what the Knicks gonna do with 3 of our players? They already are deep without room for 3 more.

However, I would take Gasol..smart player, good inside out guy... and clutch

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to OneOnOne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

too many negatives.

[/QUOTE]

AGREE 100%.. Amare another problem to add to our already mountain of problems. The guy was stinking the joint out before getting injured, why expect anything better?

and what the Knicks gonna do with 3 of our players? They already are deep without room for 3 more.

However, I would take Gasol..smart player, good inside out guy... and clutch

[/QUOTE]

I don't think either the Knicks or Lakers would do this trade.  I've said it before and I'll say it again, Bass and Lee have NO value.  Bass is a power forward who doesn't rebound and has ZERO low post game.  His only attribute is his 15 footer, which has abandoned him this year.  Lee is an overpaid 2 guard.  Does anyone seriously believe we would be so much worse off if Danny had signed the best 2 guard available from the NBDL last summer to hold us over until AB recovered rather than sign Lee to a 4 year 20 plus million dollar contract?  Or if we had given his minutes to Moore?  Good lord, what was Danny thinking?  If the Knicks would do that trade, then I would do it because we wouldn't really be giving up anything and the Celtics are going nowhere fast.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Sounds good to me, for the reasons Fierce pointed out. It may seem like a bad contract now, but it will be a good contract later!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

A very interesting thread here.........  Danny needs to do something, we are too old, slow, and inconsistant...... I still say that I would make Rondo available to see what he would bring...... If need be, expand the # of players in the talks with Rondo........

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

A definitive NO!

Who wants a big man that plays no defense with a big contract.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I think people here are forgetting how good Amare can be.  When healthy he is one of top offensive players in the NBA and he can board.

his contract however is an issue.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Interesting thought, Fierce.................but..........there are two teams Red never dealt with, and the OTHER was the Knicks!

We just don't do business with them.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think people here are forgetting how good Amare can be.  When healthy he is one of top offensive players in the NBA and he can board.

[/QUOTE]

His contract really isn't that bad.  2 more years after this for max money.  The Celtics are commited to Garnett for 2 years after this.  It would be nice to have thse contracts come off the books at the same time.  The more I think about this trade the more it makes sense.  Celtics aren't going anywhere in the next two years and Stoudemire, if he's healthy, would improve this team and make it more palatable to watch.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to snakeoil123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

His contract really isn't that bad.  2 more years after this for max money.  The Celtics are commited to Garnett for 2 years after this.  It would be nice to have thse contracts come off the books at the same time.  The more I think about this trade the more it makes sense.  Celtics aren't going anywhere in the next two years and Stoudemire, if he's healthy, would improve this team and make it more palatable to watch.

[/QUOTE]

....it would make sense from the Celtics point of view.  I still don't think it makes sense from the Knicks point of view.  We can't say Amare's contract isn't that bad and at the same time say the Knicks would love to get out of that contract.  I just don't know how these players fit on the Knicks.  Is Lee better than J.R. Smith?  I don't think so.  How do Green and Bass fit in?  Green backup 'Melo?  Bass?  I don't think he's better than Copeland.  Knicks are the dumbest franchise.  Maybe they would go for it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Interesting thought, Fierce.................but..........there are two teams Red never dealt with, and the OTHER was the Knicks!

[/QUOTE]

didn't we trade for bob mcadoo? i'm sure red made that trade.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Excellent logic on this Amare thing. The point is, is he healthy?  I think there is reasonable chance he is not and going forward if he is can he stay healthy?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to raider3524's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Wasn't he on the Buffalo Braves or something?

[/QUOTE]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, and it was a disaster.  He didn't tell Coach Cowens.........and we gave up 3 1st rounders.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Yeah the problem is that salary is tied up in one player. The 3 guys we have we may be able to package in other deals.

Does anyone really think the Knicks are stupid enough to trade within the division.

Go after Big Al or Cousins...they're younger and can grow with Rondo.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

Bob McAdoo was traded for in the owner's box by John Y. Brown, and Red was apoplectic enough to threaten to go to the Knicks if co-owner Harry Mangurian didn't buy out Brown, who was a self-important air-head (trying to impress his new wife, Phyllis George).

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

the only way i would trade for amare is if it takes us Collins to get him...and still I would think about it...amare is cancer..

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:
    [QUOTE]

A definitive NO!

Who wants a big man that plays no defense with a big contract.

[/QUOTE]

Why are you not paying attention?

Amare will cost the Celts 45m after this season.

Bass, Lee, and Green will cost the Celts 57.55m after this season.

Are you saying 45m is greater than 57.55m?

No defense?

Are Jeff Green and Brandon Bass playing great defense also?

Bass, Green, and Amare are all not good defensive players. The difference is Amare can give you 20 points almost every night. Can Bass and Green score 20 per game?

[/QUOTE]

combined they can...lol

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yeah the problem is that salary is tied up in one player. The 3 guys we have we may be able to package in other deals.

Does anyone really think the Knicks are stupid enough to trade within the division.

Go after Big Al or Cousins...they're younger and can grow with Rondo.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, I can stomach a young team making mistakes and growing..Like the season they only won 18 games...I still watched them cause I thought they played hard...but another old guy with bad knees, that may only play half a season..I don't like it..If we make a trade lets get younger ...

Sections
Shortcuts