I'm All in For Amare

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: I'm All in For Amare

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

That's because you're too dumb to know what repeater tax is, acie.

Do some research first because you go yappin' about fish oil caplets.

Seriously, acie, all you do is complain. 

Only a moron would believe Acie Earl is an MVP!

[/QUOTE]

and you are too simple to understand satire.  you and your 19,000,0000,00000000,0000 posts

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wow!

Insulting other people like that? 

Just look at your avatar and your screen name and that says it all!

[/QUOTE]

oh my cripes- now a quick step back into political correctness as a shelter for being a feckless moron?

it's NOT MY FAULT that softemire plays terrible defense!  he gets hurt a lot too!  his average is "more" than regular season in the playoffs because.....  you guessed it, more minutes played.  per 36 minutes he's a career 22.5 scorer regular season AND playoffs.  and rebounds slip slightly from 9.1 per 36 min regular season to 8.9 in the playoffs.

so there goes that theory that he's "better" in the playoffs- he's the same.  which is a good accomplishment- many players have a fall off when dealing with higher pressure situations.

what strikes me the most is that his playoff stats are HORRENDOUS since coming to the east from the fancy free no-defense-played west- check 'em out 2 sweep series in 2 years and 14.5 and 7.8 and 15.3 and 6.7.....  i can't get excited about the project.

and then you peek at his last year in NYK 2011-12 and his per 36's take a dive in the regular season to 19.2 pts and 8.6 rebs, blocks are down 50% and FTA are down 33% from his career PER 36 averages.  so he gets some help in melo and his field goal percentage goes down, he gets to play less minutes which would indicate he'd be "fresher" yet his per 36 drops.

i see all the hallmarks of a guy who has reached his apex and is only going to decline from here.  the microfracture guys do not last forever.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

doesn't look too great, I agree. And you get his injury issues as well.

Is he ready to play right now, anyway?

I wouldn't give up that much for him.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from StrongArmHnz. Show StrongArmHnz's posts

[QUOTE]

What are drinking and smoking ? Why not add Rondo for Felton. Come on Now.

Beggars cant' be choosers.

Knicks coach Woodson says Amare will come off the bench. Even if Amare says he'll agree to do it, come on, who are you kidding!

Lee, Bass, and Green for Amare.

Rondo and Amare will have expiring contracts at the end of the 2014-15 season. So if doesn't work out, the Celts only lost money.

Why something like this might work?

1. The Celts don't need to sacrifice Bradley, Sully, and Melo.

2. Amare is a scorer. Something the Celts desperately need right now.

3. In the long run, Celts save money by trading Amare for Green, Lee, and Bass.

[/QUOTE]

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]

acie

I made a suggestion, if you don't agree with it then fine. You don't need to reply with a thousand words.

Now it's your turn, who do you think the Celtics should get?

I'm all ears for your suggestions, acie.

[/QUOTE]

c'mon fierce you're always flashing the stats and "facts" around- i admitted i was wrong about gortat's contract, it's okay for you to admit that you didn't even look at amare's steady recent decline in PER numbers the last 2 years and he hasn't yet played a game this year coming off of another injury. 

you looked at his global CAREER playoff numbers that have been weighed down by horrible sweeper years the last two years for NYK....  how can you ignore that?  in the eastern, more physical conference, he has not exactly been the same player.

to say he's not "injury prone" is a STRETCH.  when one has two microfracture surgeries plus back issues and now more knee surgery???  and the PER numbers are in the elevator going down as he gets more help from melo? 

amare has proven he's great when he's the only horse in town on offense- and then he HAS to go for 30 a night to make the 25 he generally gave up to his own man from the PHO days worth having....  and then shak showed up in PHO and remember how that wasn't exactly a synergy festival. 

amare is another guy beyond his years as far as SEVERE injuries go.  i give him credit for making unlikely comebacks from serious injuries but the guy is going on 30 and his best days are done.  our roster is filled with "best days are done" material.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to aciemvp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

c'mon fierce you're always flashing the stats and "facts" around- i admitted i was wrong about gortat's contract, it's okay for you to admit that you didn't even look at amare's steady recent decline in PER numbers the last 2 years and he hasn't yet played a game this year coming off of another injury. 

you looked at his global CAREER playoff numbers that have been weighed down by horrible sweeper years the last two years for NYK....  how can you ignore that?  in the eastern, more physical conference, he has not exactly been the same player.

to say he's not "injury prone" is a STRETCH.  when one has two microfracture surgeries plus back issues and now more knee surgery???  and the PER numbers are in the elevator going down as he gets more help from melo? 

amare has proven he's great when he's the only horse in town on offense- and then he HAS to go for 30 a night to make the 25 he generally gave up to his own man from the PHO days worth having....  and then shak showed up in PHO and remember how that wasn't exactly a synergy festival. 

amare is another guy beyond his years as far as SEVERE injuries go.  i give him credit for making unlikely comebacks from serious injuries but the guy is going on 30 and his best days are done.  our roster is filled with "best days are done" material.

[/QUOTE]

Like I said, acie, I don't disagree with what you're saying. I'm simply asking you who do you think the Celtics should get? 

The only reason why I said Amare is because everyone knows he's available.

Now, who do you think the Celtics should trade for?

[/QUOTE]

That is the question I just asked you on the game thread.  Who can we get?  It is not simple and since the ship is sinking it is hard to know what can be accomplished. The last six games or so have seen the Celtics look like a potential lottery team.   Something has happened that makes this team so mediocre.  Doc and nobody else has addressed it.  Amare may be the only trade out there.  

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

Amare can't make our defense any worse than it is right now.  It stinks.  And as one poster said he can score. Right now we have no big.  nothing and that is why we are losing and getting smashed onthe boards.  I don't know the answer but something needs to change in a hurry.  If we can keep the core RR, AB, PP, KG and add a big everyone else can go.  It doesn't matter.  We need a good starting 5 and some roll players off the bench.  We will certainly keep Terry but everyone else is game send them packing if you have too.  Your only going 8 deep in the playoffs anyway.  The first thing I do before any trade is get Fab up here and let him play, he can't be worse than Collins its impossible.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]

True.

Amare is not really the ideal big man for the Celts. I know that. But would you rather stick with Green, Lee, and Bass knowing the Celts would just be an 8th seed and exit in the 1st round, or would you take a chance with Amare?

[/QUOTE]

i will never be able to understand loading up on a guy who is showing all of the signs of being the tracks to "has been" status (like much of our roster), who is at MAX SALARY??  20 MILLION and 21.6 MILLION next year???  for a guy on the decline?  you've got to be kidding me.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to Mchampion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Amare can't make our defense any worse than it is right now.  It stinks.  And as one poster said he can score. Right now we have no big.  nothing and that is why we are losing and getting smashed onthe boards.  I don't know the answer but something needs to change in a hurry.  If we can keep the core RR, AB, PP, KG and add a big everyone else can go.  It doesn't matter.  We need a good starting 5 and some roll players off the bench.  We will certainly keep Terry but everyone else is game send them packing if you have too.  Your only going 8 deep in the playoffs anyway.  The first thing I do before any trade is get Fab up here and let him play, he can't be worse than Collins its impossible.

[/QUOTE]  The core is our main problem, PP, KG too old, Rondo offensively limited, and way overrated by Celtic fans! The bench players are not the ones winning or losing games, it's the over the hill core!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

That is the question I just asked you on the game thread.  Who can we get?  It is not simple and since the ship is sinking it is hard to know what can be accomplished. The last six games or so have seen the Celtics look like a potential lottery team.   Something has happened that makes this team so mediocre.  Doc and nobody else has addressed it.  Amare may be the only trade out there.  

[/QUOTE]

True.

Amare is not really the ideal big man for the Celts. I know that. But would you rather stick with Green, Lee, and Bass knowing the Celts would just be an 8th seed and exit in the 1st round, or would you take a chance with Amare?

[/QUOTE]

at this point i would just stick with what we have and wait until something else/better comes along. whatever that may be.  i don't think amare will turn them into a contender. but who knows? it's all a big gamble anyway.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to basketbert's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Amare isn't injury prone. He has played more games than KG from 2008 to 2012. It was only this season that he has missed more than 30 games in one season.

Bass, Lee, and Green are what's needed to match salaries.

[/QUOTE]

Yes he is injury prone! You picked a specific time when KG had a knee injury. That's like saying KG played more games than Amare from Nov to Dec of 2012....irrelevant timeframe.  Over his careen Amare has missed a lot of games, unlike KG.  

i'd welcome Amare to the C's but not for a big trade.  He's not worth a lot.  If we're going to give up a lot, I'd prefer Big Al or Gortat or Cousins.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to basketbert's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Amare isn't injury prone. He has played more games than KG from 2008 to 2012. It was only this season that he has missed more than 30 games in one season.

Bass, Lee, and Green are what's needed to match salaries.

[/QUOTE]

Yes he is injury prone! You picked a specific time when KG had a knee injury. That's like saying KG played more games than Amare from Nov to Dec of 2012....irrelevant timeframe.  Over his careen Amare has missed a lot of games, unlike KG.  

i'd welcome boom to the C's but not for a big trade.  He's not worth a lot.  If we're going to give up a lot, I'd prefer Big Al or Gortat or Cousins.

[/QUOTE]

agree. amare's too risky to give up that much for.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Fierce I'm good with the proposed trade, though I'm guessing Ainge is focused on trying to get Cousins right now (without giving too much away). 

I have a hard time imagining that Green could be perceived as an asset right now though. He's underperforming a not-small, long term contract. 

I like the trade for the Celts but I'd have to think the Knicks would at least want Bradley and I don't think you can trade Bradley in an Amare deal and feel good about it. 

But yeah, they would take those three guys you proposed for Amare we would have to do it. 

One thing I am confident in is that Ainge is working the phones and I expect that to heat up even more as more teams realize they are out of it. 

While the Knicks won't be out of it whatsoever I could see in a few weeks them being more willing to move Amare assuming he doesn't fit in well with the revamped roster...

Sections
Shortcuts