I'm calling out P34 and OneOnOne!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I'm calling out P34 and OneOnOne!!

WHERE ARE YOU?? LOL!

Weren't you the one that was so confident that Perk and/or BBD weren't going anywhere??

Ainge wasn't trying to trade?

Why fix something that's not broken?

I kept telling you that Ainge ALWAYS makes deals...ALWAYS at the deadline. Why people thought he wasn't going to do anything is perplexing to me.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Re: I'm calling out P34 and OneOnOne!!

In Response to I'm calling out P34 and OneOnOne!!:
    WHERE ARE YOU?? LOL! Weren't you the one that was so confident that Perk and/or BBD weren't going anywhere?? Ainge wasn't trying to trade? Why fix something that's not broken? I kept telling you that Ainge ALWAYS makes deals...ALWAYS at the deadline. Why people thought he wasn't going to do anything is perplexing to me.
    Posted by BiasLewis

Didn't P34 promise to quit posting if we traded Perk!!!   HAHAHA

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: I'm calling out P34 and OneOnOne!!:
    In Response to I'm calling out P34 and OneOnOne!! :  Didn't P34 promise to quit posting if we traded Perk!!!   HAHAHA
    Posted by kyceltic

I thought you had me on ignore? Did you take a peek while no one was watching?

HAHAHA!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

WHERE ARE YOU?? LOL! Weren't you the one that was so confident that Perk and/or BBD weren't going anywhere?? Ainge wasn't trying to trade? Why fix something that's not broken? I kept telling you that Ainge ALWAYS makes deals...ALWAYS at the deadline. Why people thought he wasn't going to do anything is perplexing to me.
    Posted by BiasLewis

You're right, Bias, I never expected Ainge to trade Perk. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In Response to Re: I'm calling out P34 and OneOnOne!! : I thought you had me on ignore? Did you take a peek while no one was watching? HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by P34

I got bored!!  What do you think about the moves DA made?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to I'm calling out P34 and OneOnOne!! : You're right, Bias, I never expected Ainge to trade Perk. 
    Posted by P34
    i apologize p34.. think i called you a moronn for even entertaining that thought? just assumed danny would not have the stones to make a higher level trade.. now we have guys on the bench who have all been starters.. check it out: west, wafer, green, kristc/rasheed and baby.. that is a dynamic bench that should hold or extend MOST leads esp against great teams!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: I'm calling out P34 and OneOnOne!! :  I got bored!!  What do you think about the moves DA made?
    Posted by kyceltic

Great job by Ainge. Never thought he would make such a bold move. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Posted by BiasLewis

Add me to that list, Bias.  I was completely wrong.  I never thought he'd mess with the top 6 guys.  All of his other moves don't surprise me at all, but moving Perk is a shocker.  I was definitely wrong!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

DA and Bias, GM's of the Year!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Posted by BiasLewis

Well I have been here all day keeping up with it. I wonder why?  Maybe cause I thought he might do something?  Yea maybe.  Didn't think it would be Perk but I think we needed a little boost.  These guys may just do that and they are young. Please show me where I said he wouldn't do anything.  I said he didn't have to. Pretty much the consensus other than a backup for SF. 
    Also I don't think I ever said a word about Perkins being traded.  First off I didn't think we would get that much for him.  I think it was more about getting rid of Nate and Perk not signing.  I am sure you already knew all that and that it would happen.
    BTW there wasn't any of those laimbrain trades you came up with now were there.  These actually made a little sense.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Bias I also said Danny wouldn't do something unless it is in our favor.  I think Maybe it was.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

Just because it was BOLD doesn't mean it was smart... our advantage over Miami, Orl, Bulls, and Knicks is on a plane to OKC

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Just because it was BOLD doesn't mean it was smart... our advantage over Miami, Orl, Bulls, and Knicks is on a plane to OKC
    Posted by KGLove

Glen Davis usually plays in the last 5 minutes of a game because he's a better FT shooter and can hit perimeter jumpers. That says it all right there. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I think DA knew what many of us know that Perk was an extremely limited player.  Yes he did the thankless things but he literally made it so the other team had to guard only four men on offense.  DA obviously has something in mind with another big man but the thing that struck as so odd was Jeff Green.   Can  he lock down Kobe ,  Lebron, or Melo?  He drafted this guy so who knows.  This is one for the experts  and we have to hope that DA and Doc who are the experts know how these pieces fit. We will soon find out.

Let's hope we don't have a let down  tonight although it seems impossible they won't.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Didn't see this happening either. However, I think if you had to choose between BBD and Perk after this year (and we may have had to) then I would have gone with baby.
    I think we'll still have enough defense and the gain in offense will compensate for Perk's departure. After all, in the end you have to make more buckets than your opponent, right?
    Very exciting. When will the new guys play?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

I think DA knew what many of us know that Perk was an extremely limited player.  Yes he did the thankless things but he literally made it so the other team had to guard only four men on offense.  DA obviously has something in mind with another big man but the thing that struck as so odd was Jeff Green.   Can  he lock down Kobe ,  Lebron, or Melo?  He drafted this guy so who knows.  This is one for the experts  and we have to hope that DA and Doc who are the experts know how these pieces fit. We will soon find out. Let's hope we don't have a let down  tonight although it seems impossible they won't.
    Posted by concord27

No need for that:

Kobe won't get past dallas or Spurs.
    Lebron will have his Waterloo in Chicago.
    Melo? Won't make it past round 1.

:-)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

It shows that you guys are straight up guys if you can admit things on this board. So I'm appreciative that no one is trying to spin it to their favor.

Now, Ainge did what he could to keep Perk. They approached him a few weeks ago with a contract and Perk balked. That let AInge know that Perk was looking to cash in so he made the move now. I felt that he would approach the agent of either Perk or BBD and it was Perk. In the off season if he can't sign BBD, it will be a S&T for BBD. Ainge isn't going to give big deals to guys who are riding the coattails of the Big 4.

So for all of those that think moving Perk will haunt us. Keep in mind of guys like Posey, Powe and TA who when moved didn't do as well as they did with the C's.

Ainge knows the pulse of this team and he knows what pieces fit and which peices he can move without disrupting the success of the team

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobbestgolf. Show bobbestgolf's posts

Well all you well wishers got your trades answered. DA gutted the team almost as bad as Patino. Yes, Perk was mildly injured, semi was overated and Nate was not shooting consistenly. MD was definitely lost for the season. So there goes any continuity and retraing any new Celtics right before the playoffs. Banner 18 is blowing in the wind in LA and all the Fakers are rejoicing. Any comments are welcome.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Well all you well wishers got your trades answered. DA gutted the team almost as bad as Patino. Yes, Perk was mildly injured, semi was overated and Nate was not shooting consistenly. MD was definitely lost for the season. So there goes any continuity and retraing any new Celtics right before the playoffs. Banner 18 is blowing in the wind in LA and all the Fakers are rejoicing. Any comments are welcome.
    Posted by bobbestgolf

No sure how we gutted the team.  We lost one player that was relevant and possibly picked up two contributers and possibly 3.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In Response to Re: I'm calling out P34 and OneOnOne!! : No sure how we gutted the team.  We lost one player that was relevant and possibly picked up two contributers and possibly 3.
    Posted by OneOnOne

Not to mention the picks..If Avery and those picks turn out half way decent, we don't hit rock bottom any time soon.
    I never expected this, but I did say that you test the waters and see what comes up.
    If some team bites, and it helps the team, you have to do it..Danny said he would have traded Bird at the end of his career..now we know he meant it!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

It shows that you guys are straight up guys if you can admit things on this board. So I'm appreciative that no one is trying to spin it to their favor. Now, Ainge did what he could to keep Perk. They approached him a few weeks ago with a contract and Perk balked. That let AInge know that Perk was looking to cash in so he made the move now. I felt that he would approach the agent of either Perk or BBD and it was Perk. In the off season if he can't sign BBD, it will be a S&T for BBD. Ainge isn't going to give big deals to guys who are riding the coattails of the Big 4. So for all of those that think moving Perk will haunt us. Keep in mind of guys like Posey, Powe and TA who when moved didn't do as well as they did with the C's. Ainge knows the pulse of this team and he knows what pieces fit and which peices he can move without disrupting the success of the team
    Posted by BiasLewis

Maybe I missed something here.  Did you predict this trade?  BBD can just sign with any can't he?  Posey Powe and TA all looked better as C's.  Perk will probably do the same as here other than his pts may drop a little.  I don't think anyone said Perk was the second coming, only that he fit this team well. I for one think he did fit this team well.  Only time will tell whether this was a good trade or not. If we don't sign Green it probably wasnt.  Hope I am wrong and we take off on a ten game winning streak and the new guys are a big part of it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Ainge didn't trade Perk. Perk traded himself with his contract refusal/demands. Given playoff health, I am fine with Shaq and Kristic and Green rather than Perk. 
    Now, can the Celts keep Green and BBD? 
    Of all the players sent packing, Semih is the one that surprised me the most.
    I have heard Ainge say that Bradley is 19 yrs old. When he is 24 yrs old he will remind us of Reggie Lewis. I believe he was virtually untouchable. 
    I see Powe playing for another contract, and can't see him getting the minutes he needs here to get that contract.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

P34 is a man who admits what he said in the past and is a great fan of this team

Ky is so ignorant and negative about Pierce that it makes anything intelligent he may say go in one ear and out the other

I agree with Bias about the trade being good... but when he says things like 'Krstic will get 8 rebounds' (more like 3) 'Miami will go hard after Perk' (with the MLE?) and 'Danny has been chasing Green for years' (really? with no assets and Green a young star on the rise?) it is hard to take him seriously.

and any chest thumping or trashing of Perks game, when the team got SERIOUS value for him and he was a warrior here for a long time, is in very poor taste

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Ainge didn't trade Perk. Perk traded himself with his contract refusal/demands. Given playoff health, I am fine with Shaq and Kristic and Green rather than Perk.  Now, can the Celts keep Green and BBD?  Of all the players sent packing, Semih is the one that surprised me the most. I have heard Ainge say that Bradley is 19 yrs old. When he is 24 yrs old he will remind us of Reggie Lewis. I believe he was virtually untouchable.  I see Powe playing for another contract, and can't see him getting the minutes he needs here to get that contract.  
    Posted by rkarp

How will a tweener 6'2" guard with a serious work in progress shot remind us of an all-star 6'7" big guard - quick forward?

Green is better than Baby. He has to resigned and along with Rondo and Pierce try to lure Howard here.

Sections
Shortcuts