I'm calling out P34 and OneOnOne!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: I'm calling out P34 and OneOnOne!!

In Response to Re: I'm calling out P34 and OneOnOne!!:
    [QUOTE]P34 is a man who admits what he said in the past and is a great fan of this team Ky is so ignorant and negative about Pierce that it makes anything intelligent he may say go in one ear and out the other I agree with Bias about the trade being good... but when he says things like 'Krstic will get 8 rebounds' (more like 3) 'Miami will go hard after Perk' (with the MLE?) and 'Danny has been chasing Green for years' (really? with no assets and Green a young star on the rise?) it is hard to take him seriously. and any chest thumping or trashing of Perks game, when the team got SERIOUS value for him and he was a warrior here for a long time, is in very poor taste
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

Very well put.  I am still trying to figure out what he said that was so right.  That we were going to make a trade?  Other than that I am not sure.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

haha, and of course you are a great fan and poster as well oneonone

Logic and analysis of how this makes us better and what it means overall is the way to go... not insulting other fans and being all over the place with comments, half of which are not logical or supported by fact, as Bias is doing

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I'm calling out P34 and OneOnOne!! : How will a tweener 6'2" guard with a serious work in progress shot remind us of an all-star 6'7" big guard - quick forward? Green is better than Baby. He has to resigned and along with Rondo and Pierce try to lure Howard here.
    Ainge meant it in terms that Lewis was a nobody at the end of the bench, a spare part if you will. But given time, he became all star caliber.
    It is not meant to imply that Bradley and Lewis have the same type of game. The implication was that Bradley is not Gerald Green. Celts don't have a history of drafting a player, letting him hang around and nurturing him to all star status. Pierce played from day one. Maybe Al Jefferson? Anyways, Danny had to go all the way back to Reggie to mention a player on the roster with the potential to be an all star. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxRock1. Show SoxRock1's posts

For a team that is extremely weak in the rebound area, this makes little sense.  Its also clear to me that this was not a great move in the team spirit area as well.  Time will tell if this is a good move, but I think banner 18 moved further away.  Looks like a Spurs / Bulls final to me.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I'm calling out P34 and OneOnOne!! : Ainge meant it in terms that Lewis was a nobody at the end of the bench, a spare part if you will. But given time, he became all star caliber. It is not meant to imply that Bradley and Lewis have the same type of game. The implication was that Bradley is not Gerald Green. Celts don't have a history of drafting a player, letting him hang around and nurturing him to all star status. Pierce played from day one. Maybe Al Jefferson? Anyways, Danny had to go all the way back to Reggie to mention a player on the roster with the potential to be an all star. 
    Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE]

Well in that case I can see the point and hopefully that will be the truth.

Reggie was of course ready to contribute as a rookie and KC Jones idiotically failed to develop him in the regular season, when his young legs and athletic ability would have helped us in the playoffs Reg was too raw to insert in the lineup... he was 23 during the '88 playoffs.

Bradley is 20, nowhere near as good as DWest, and we have a deep enough team to not be needing him, so the situation is slightly different.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]P34 is a man who admits what he said in the past and is a great fan of this team Ky is so ignorant and negative about Pierce that it makes anything intelligent he may say go in one ear and out the other I agree with Bias about the trade being good... but when he says things like 'Krstic will get 8 rebounds' (more like 3) 'Miami will go hard after Perk' (with the MLE?) and 'Danny has been chasing Green for years' (really? with no assets and Green a young star on the rise?) it is hard to take him seriously. and any chest thumping or trashing of Perks game, when the team got SERIOUS value for him and he was a warrior here for a long time, is in very poor taste

Rame is a guy whose posts I can't wait to read because I get them.  He uses salary figures and mins for each player.  Hey, I'm a math teacher, so I love the numbers and get it!!

I see Green as playing about 25

PP  32/Green 16
    KG32/BBD 10, then he moves to C for the last quarter/Green 6
    RA 32/Wafer 10/West 3/Green 3

That's unless we get Murphy or Camby!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I'm calling out P34 and OneOnOne!! : Well in that case I can see the point and hopefully that will be the truth. Reggie was of course ready to contribute as a rookie and KC Jones idiotically failed to develop him in the regular season, when his young legs and athletic ability would have helped us in the playoffs Reg was too raw to insert in the lineup... he was 23 during the '88 playoffs. Bradley is 20, nowhere near as good as DWest, and we have a deep enough team to not be needing him, so the situation is slightly different.
    It is kind of hard to come up with a player that the Celts drafted and nurtured into a star though, isn't it? I mean Rondo played pretty much right away. So did Pierce. Al Jefferson they did allow to develop. Is the best example before Al Jefferson, Reggie Lewis?
    Bradley has played one handful of NBA games. "Give him about 200 games under his belt and he could be a star." 
    I have that last line in quotations as that was Ainge commenting, not me 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I'm calling out P34 and OneOnOne!! : It is kind of hard to come up with a player that the Celts drafted and nurtured into a star though, isn't it? I mean Rondo played pretty much right away. So did Pierce. Al Jefferson they did allow to develop. Is the best example before Al Jefferson, Reggie Lewis? Bradley has played one handful of NBA games. "Give him about 200 games under his belt and he could be a star."  I have that last line in quotations as that was Ainge commenting, not me 
    Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE]

That last line was probably for trading purposes.  LOL.   Doc must not think too highly of him,  we are down to 8 players and 1 D leaguer and AB sees a whole 4 minutes and 1 of them after the game decided.  Didn't show much but didn't get much time.  He has been around long enough that he should have got some time last nite with our circumstances.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from usa4life. Show usa4life's posts

I hate seeing Rondo and Perk together with the big three because the defense just sags off of them.

BBD is a bit small and slow in transition.

If Green can run with Rondo, shoot the 3, and defend small forwards, then this deal was a nobrainer. Green is a top five pick. BBD was a second round pick. Gre

The Bulls and Heat are very athletic and the Boston Wings (Pierce and Ray) just don't have that extra hop in the legs.

Danny made a no brainer move and over achieved in the talent area.

Sections
Shortcuts