I'm down with the players!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnTAlouette. Show JohnTAlouette's posts

Re: I'm down with the players!

When I was in Seattle, we voted publicly-financed stadia down twice (if memory serves). They got built anyway with a lot of tax dollars. The rich get great deals. Paul Allen in this case. The players are professional athletes. They don't work at McD's. If there were no athletics, perhaps they would work there. Without the NBA, I think they would still be in athletics.
    If they are overpaid, it's too bad, but they negotiated a CBA. If I had had skilled negotiators on my side, I'm sure I would have made more money.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

I'm not on the owners or the players side. Both make a heck of a lot of money and are living a life of luxury. I would like to see a big reduction in ticket prices so middle class families can take their children to games again at an affordable price. The loss in revenue for reduced ticket prices should be shared equally by the players and owners, meaning equally less money for both. Both the players and owners will continue to be rich despite the small pay cut I'm proposing. Put the money back into the fans pockets.
        Maybe we the fans should be the one's that should strike. By the way, I do understand that the players are not striking and that the owners are locking out the players.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

A business where the employees make more than the employer.. does that really make sense? 

I can see both sides but the world does not work that way. 

And if it did, why be owner?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In Response to Re: I'm down with the players!:
    [QUOTE]I'm not on the owners or the players side. Both make a heck of a lot of money and are living a life of luxury. I would like to see a big reduction in ticket prices so middle class families can take their children to games again at an affordable price. The loss in revenue for reduced ticket prices should be shared equally by the players and owners, meaning equally less money for both. Both the players and owners will continue to be rich despite the small pay cut I'm proposing. Put the money back into the fans pockets.     Maybe we the fans should be the one's that should strike. By the way, I do understand that the players are not striking and that the owners are locking out the players.
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]

Best comment so far. I mean, why do I have to pay $50 for a lousy seat at a game? Imagine being a dad with 2 kids.....$200 including drinks/food etc and I'm not even counting getting to the stadium.
    Both owners and players should make a lot less. Guys like Scal being paid $3 mil/per when he was here? Are you kidding me!? You really think any sports player deserves making $20 mil/per? Come on....are we so desperate to be entertained? I love my sports but sure as heck wouldn't get depressed if it all went belly up.

It is not just a problem with basketball. Bad athletes getting way overpaid are all over the place. What does a nurse get paid again? Just sayin'

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: I'm down with the players!:
    [QUOTE]I'm not on the owners or the players side. Both make a heck of a lot of money and are living a life of luxury. I would like to see a big reduction in ticket prices so middle class families can take their children to games again at an affordable price. The loss in revenue for reduced ticket prices should be shared equally by the players and owners, meaning equally less money for both. Both the players and owners will continue to be rich despite the small pay cut I'm proposing. Put the money back into the fans pockets.     Maybe we the fans should be the one's that should strike. By the way, I do understand that the players are not striking and that the owners are locking out the players.
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]

Great post.  Thanks.  My kids have been to one baseball game out here, and someone gave us the tickets.  It was Sox/Angels, but it still wasn't Fenway!

Sections
Shortcuts