I'm more excited about this preseason game than I have been for any preseason game in memory

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I'm more excited about this preseason game than I have been for any preseason game in memory

I am optimistic about this season more than most, but I am curious to see how we take shape and what style we come out with. We have a good overall length, some bigs that can extend the floor,we have guards that can pressure the ball and can finish. I think we can use these positives to our advantage. Like I've said, I think we're going to be better than most predict, time to see what's what.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Re: I'm more excited about this preseason game than I have been for any preseason game in memory

I stand by my prediction - 41+ wins and a playoff berth.....

No reason team can't make some noise this season

Last years team was DOA , so clear it was over and they were totally over as a team....

New season, totally new team, lot's of talent and assets to play with.....let's see what the roster is at the trading deadline and then the next benchmark is Draft night.

41+

The Kids Are Alright

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrycole. Show jerrycole's posts

Re: I'm more excited about this preseason game than I have been for any preseason game in memory

I'm excited, too.  But are you really more excited about this pre-season game than you were about the first televised pre-season game of the Pierce-KG-Allen era?  I would have run through a brick wall if it got in the way of my seeing that game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

I am optimistic about this season more than most, but I am curious to see how we take shape and what style we come out with. We have a good overall length, some bigs that can extend the floor,we have guards that can pressure the ball and can finish. I think we can use these positives to our advantage. Like I've said, I think we're going to be better than most predict, time to see what's what.

The most excited I've been to watch a pre-season game was KG's first as a Celtic, but this is second.  There are so aspects that interest me.  I feel like calling in sick to work because all I'm going to be thinking about is the game tonight.  I do not share your optimism for a few reasons - Rondo will not be back until sometime in December, Sully will take time to get back into form, chemistry will take a while to develop, and Brad Stevens is new to the NBA.  27-30 wins this year.  Things that interest me tonight - Olynyk, Sully, Bradley at point, Faverani, Humphries, Green....basically everyone.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Cant say im optimistic regarding how far this team goes this season but am excited to see how the pieces come together and certain players perform. Also how coach holds up through an entire season...

Regarding wins, its just too much a roll of the dice.. so many unknowns, not like a team returning intact from a prior season with a couple new additions... considering all the circumstances, Id have to guess we're a 30-35 win team if healthy

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

This team, more than most, needs time.  We seem to have a real coach who will put it together, But three things are needed:  A.  Time   B. Return of Rondo   B.  A more balanced roster

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Where can the game be watched

Please post threads on how to watch the game or ways to watch the game

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

I say these are the best units (minus Rondo)

Defense- Bradley-Green-Wallace-Sullinger (best defensive rebounder)or Bass (most agile power forward)-Humphries (Strongest big defender)

Fast-Pressey-Crawford-Lee-Bass-Olynyk

Scorers-Crawford-Brooks-Lee-Green-Humphries or Olynyk

Big-Bogans-Green-Olynyk-Humphries-Faverani

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I agree.  I am more excited and interested in this team than I have ever been since the Bird dynasty years.

That said, I have no grand illusions.  This team is young and incomplete.  They will win less than 30 games, but its not AT ALL about winning.  

For me it will be more about watching the progress and development of high potential players and how the unit reacts to Steven's system and Steven's ability to translate his modern system to the NBA  and to watch the player personnell moves orchestrated by Danny along the way.

I truly believe that DA has a master plan already concieved which will unfold over the next 10 months.  Wouldn't be suprised if half the current players are not on the roster come opening day next season when we are back in the playoffs.    

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Im also very excited, the uknown tends to do that. BUT , i think thats going to change very quickly, when we start the season off 3-10. We are going from watching a veteran team who executed very well , to a team that has virtually no individual or team experience. We have no consitent go to scorer, no player who will draw double teams, no go to post threat, no 3 pt shooting. We may EVENTUALLY have those things, but not right now. And this is just the offensive end, defensviely we are going to be WAY behind what weve seen the last few years. Even as good as weve been defensively in the past, just look at our numbers when kg sat, even that team would have been one of the worst in the league. 

I think the only area we improve  in is offensive rebounding, cuz of all the missed jump shots we are going to have. This team will win 25-28 games this year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

With all that said im totally ok with that if it leads to us getting a top 5 pick, Then we are one major trade from being in contention again.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Excitement for this season is due to low expectations. 

Sections
Shortcuts