Important: Work-Around for Cursor Placement

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Important: Work-Around for Cursor Placement

-

I have had the problem of placing the cursor where I want it when trying to make an edit, go back over my typing.  It takes a long time and I'm always wondering if it's my computer or the BDc website.  I think it's the website.  Anyone else experience this?

Maybe some of you have discovered this, but for those of you who have not, and are frustrated with the problem of placing the cursor when you want to make an edit and correct a typo, this is for you.

It is hard to place the curosr back behind where you were typing:  but if you use the technique of highlighting - right pressing the mouse to move left and highlight a word, or even a letter, you can place the cursor right where you want it.  Try it.

And it's often faster to highlight a word to make a corection and then re-type it then to wait for the cursor to settle.

Co'mon BDC, fix this board up: the season is upon us.

Y c l a m, c y, M.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Re: Important: Work-Around for Cursor Placement

-

Com'on BDC!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to RajonRondowski's comment:
    [QUOTE]

-

Com'on BDC!

[/QUOTE]

My cursor works fine. I don't think its BDC.

Pud

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In response to RajonRondowski's comment:
    [QUOTE]

-

I have had the problem of placing the cursor where I want it when trying to make an edit, go back over my typing.  It takes a long time and I'm always wondering if it's my computer or the BDc website.  I think it's the website.  Anyone else experience this?

Maybe some of you have discovered this, but for those of you who have not, and are frustrated with the problem of placing the cursor when you want to make an edit and correct a typo, this is for you.

It is hard to place the curosr back behind where you were typing:  but if you use the technique of highlighting - right pressing the mouse to move left and highlight a word, or even a letter, you can place the cursor right where you want it.  Try it.

And it's often faster to highlight a word to make a corection and then re-type it then to wait for the cursor to settle.

Co'mon BDC, fix this board up: the season is upon us.

Y c l a m, c y, M.

[/QUOTE]

Probably your computer.  Happens to me  when  I'm running to many programs (or sites running  a lot of ads) at once  and my CPU gets  overloaded.

If you're running  windows, call up your resource monitor and see what pct of  your CPU is being used.  Once it gets  over 70% or so, somethings run  slower.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

There is a google desktop gadget you can call up  that tells you the CPU usage and memory usage, side by side. Looks like a speedometer/tachometer together.

When you overdo CPU/memory (redline it), you need to turn off your computer and then turn it back on and the machine will run much faster, at least until your usages creep back up close to the "redline."

Its a good idea to turn your computer off every few hours in order to empty the memory anyway. Otherwise, it gets sluggish.

Search programs/files for "gadgets."You'll have lots  of nifty choices.

Pud

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

disable  some add ons

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

-

Thanks for all the tips.  I'll look into them. Put it puzzles me, it just happened again.

I keep my computer obsessively clean and tuned-up, cache-cleaned, re-booted, defragmented, and most start-ups and add-ons disabled.

It only happens here on BDC when I'm writing in the posting box, which is why I though it was a flaw in their program, but if you all arne't experiencing it at all, it must be something on my end.

It is so irratting, as I type very fast and make a lot of typos that I go then back and fix -  with this problem it takes forever to get a post done.

Any other ideas are welcome.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Any other ideas are welcome."

I think it's fine for you to type less until you are ready to quit writing love letters to Ray Allen and bashing Rondo, the leader of our team. 

Maybe by the time you are able to type in here effectively again you will have had a change of attitude rather than wrting off the team after one loss. 

In the past it seemed like you were a dedicated fan and so it suprised me you posted something that read like the stuff our Laker trolls post here... maybe you were just bummed about the loss but again, it was just one game. The team will rise....